Becton looks trimmed down to me

AFJF

8 hours ago, Trotter said:

Agree 100%. 

I have met many current and former Jet players over the years and only 1 was an absolute ass - that would be Boomer. He was at a tech event the year after he left the Jets and the first thing I asked him was how is son was doing - he responded doing well and thanks for asking. He then asked me if I was a Jet fan. When I responded yes his direct answer was sorry to hear that.

I was about to just turn around and leave at that point and then he went on a rant about Keyshawn. 

OMG, was it at the Javitz Center?  Was he signing little footballs?  I had a similar experience.  I got him on day two, before the general public was allowed into the building.  He was signing and he asked me if I was a jets fan when I told him I was a longtime season ticket holder he said I feel bad for you and looked to someone else and laughed.  His attitude was shltty.  I told him not as bad as I felt for you when Bruce Smith put him into nowhere land and injured him.  

I get it.  He grew up a shlt head Giants fan.  He played for the Jets but he readily admits he grew up rooting for the Giants 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No they are not, he for sure does not have tree trunks, look at his thighs compared to his calves, look at his ankles.

Lawson is a speed rusher who weighs a hundred pounds less.  Look at the top half of lawsons body compared to becton.

Should have been comparing him to zac wilson or berrios.  Just as valid.

01g2jrr40bsj484z30gr.jpg

Studying different pictures of Bectons thighs like you’re going over the Zebruder film is kind of funny.  His thighs are as big as Hassels and Jackson’s ass.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

OMG, was it at the Javitz Center?  Was he signing little footballs?  I had a similar experience.  I got him on day two, before the general public was allowed into the building.  He was signing and he asked me if I was a jets fan when I told him I was a longtime season ticket holder he said I feel bad for you and looked to someone else and laughed.  His attitude was shltty.  I told him not as bad as I felt for you when Bruce Smith put him into nowhere land and injured him.  

I get it.  He grew up a shlt head Giants fan.  He played for the Jets but he readily admits he grew up rooting for the Giants 

Yup. It was and you are spot on with the attitude. 
every other jet I have met at least had something nice to say if even just a thank you to gastineau hugging me so tight I thought I would pass out.

Norman- just an ass

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

So I am way out of my league here but the guy in the pic with him is dr shawn sadri. If you google him and go to his instagram, this picture is up there with a date of June 20

So Becton is even slimmer now?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Trotter said:

So I am way out of my league here but the guy in the pic with him is dr shawn sadri. If you google him and go to his instagram, this picture is up there with a date of June 20

Yep. 

The “slim” picture was posted on June 20th. 

The picture everyone lost their sh*t over was taken during mini camp on June 14th. 

So either he lost a sh*t ton of weight in 6 days, or pictures can be deceiving, or, people are ******* idiots and guys like Boomer run their mouths with BS garbage. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Yep. 

The picture everyone lost their sh*t over was taken during mini camp on June 14th. 

So either he lost a sh*t ton of weight in 6 days, or pictures can be deceiving, or, people are ******* idiots and guys like Boomer run their mouths with BS garbage. 

I will go with option 3. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

He’s at the Yankee game tonight.  No word on hot dog consumption just yet. 

If you’re at the game, try and slip a scale underneath him when he’s not looking. Not sure how this is all going to work out but we might be able to get his weight and end this debate.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, peebag said:

I'll give you the first year but getting rolled up on by a teammate is being "injury plagued"?

The problem is the second case wasn’t the injury but the recovery time. Hard to tell if the Jets were woefully incompetent or outright dissimulating on the nature of the injury with their recovery time projection or if Becton is a slow healer (because of weight-gain or not taking recovery seriously, or genetics, or complications, who knows) and the team was covering for him.

Skepticism is warranted in either case.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, BloodGreen said:

I was just on vacation with my wife and another couple. We took some pictures over the course of 5 days. In some I look kind of fat, and in others pretty darn good. I don’t know…. Cameras are stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/a6205b11-a426-42db-8c6a-00db497aa54b

E4CCE472-656A-4B3C-91B3-C5EF7EAC1B1C.gif

7 hours ago, BloodGreen said:

I was just on vacation with my wife and another couple. We took some pictures over the course of 5 days. In some I look kind of fat, and in others pretty darn good. I don’t know…. Cameras are stupid!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My camera  must be brilliant , it only does  the fat ones!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Yep. 

So are the “******* idiots” the ones who think the 14 June picture is deceiving or the ones who think the 20 June one is?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

I'd take a look at him first day of Training Camp, and if he's overweight if Pittsburg is offering a 2023 2nd and a 20234th , I'd be inclined to take that .

And then what? Profits would surely be at least another year off. 

11 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He & Fant should be one of the better tackle duos in the league.

At this point I guess they can wait to see if Mitchell is already crushing it in pads & full-contact drills in a few weeks, but if he's not wow'ing everyone pretty fast as a rookie after camp starts, I'd like to see them sign a better veteran than the two schlubs we've got. It's not like Fant is some ironman himself, so Douglas should be planning as though the Jets will field at least 5 starts (plus a couple partial games) from not-Fant and not-Becton this season. 

the case could be made that Fant is better at left tackle than right 

Like when Becton went down, George Fant swapped and became this reliable pass protector

Fant wasn't that great at right tackle, tbh. Becton's never played it in the pros (but has lots of experience at Louisville who had this crazy power/speed system that had OT swapping during drives)

Fant is also coming off a knee injury. Not as serious as Becton's but had it happened earlier in the season, it probably would have been multiple games. 

yeah Max Mitchell might be a year away and the Riley Reiff lowball is also still sitting out there. Reiff and Fant could both be done medically and it wouldn't be surprising. Becton making it 17 games is a tough bet to make. 

if this ramble has a point it's that teams that have the better tackle duos in the league don't have all these questions before camp 

the guards and center are solid to good the tackles are huge questions and it all probably ends with Conor McDermott getting reps again

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the case could be made that Fant is better at left tackle than right 

Like when Becton went down, George Fant swapped and became this reliable pass protector

Fant wasn't that great at right tackle, tbh. Becton's never played it in the pros (but has lots of experience at Louisville who had this crazy power/speed system that had OT swapping during drives)

Fant is also coming off a knee injury. Not as serious as Becton's but had it happened earlier in the season, it probably would have been multiple games. 

yeah Max Mitchell might be a year away and the Riley Reiff lowball is also still sitting out there. Reiff and Fant could both be done medically and it wouldn't be surprising. Becton making it 17 games is a tough bet to make. 

if this ramble has a point it's that teams that have the better tackle duos in the league don't have all these questions before camp 

the guards and center are solid to good the tackles are huge questions and it all probably ends with Conor McDermott getting reps again

Letting Morgan Moses go might be the error of the off season that bites back at the Jets. Shades of Pete Kendall Penny-pinching.

• Upvote 2

On 7/11/2022 at 8:30 PM, Trotter said:

So we were told for a fact he was 396 about two and a half weeks ago. 

now assuming this pic is recent, he looks like the above. 

not the smartest guy in the world but something does not add up and I am talking about 396.

My guess is that picture is two years old.