Becton looks trimmed down to me

AFJF

14 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Just to steer this back on subject for a bit...Cimini's tweet the other day said rookies report on Tuesday and guys returning from injury report tomorrow.

So maybe we'll get some Becton updates tomorrow.

Hopefully the prognosis is he’s Phat and not Fat.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, jgb said:

The team definitely didn’t do itself any favors. After giving the initial timeline of 6 weeks, they become a black hole of information about Becton. No news about setbacks or complications. Just “he’s not there yet” for months. That kind of uncertainty directly led to the speculation that Becton didn’t take his rehab seriously — add in the rumored weight gain only fueled it more. If it was a medical setback, you’d think the team would’ve taken some pressure off Becton by announcing that… but ya never know with this med staff given the well publicized injury snafus of the past…

100%

Said a few times that people wouldn't be so worked up if the Jets hadnt handled it so poorly.

Say from the start that it's complicated and could jeopardize the whole season bc of his size and nobody is passing and moaning about him for the past 10 months.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, jgb said:

The team definitely didn’t do itself any favors. After giving the initial timeline of 6 weeks, they become a black hole of information about Becton. No news about setbacks or complications. Just “he’s not there yet” for months. That kind of uncertainty directly led to the speculation that Becton didn’t take his rehab seriously — add in the rumored weight gain only fueled it more. If it was a medical setback, you’d think the team would’ve taken some pressure off Becton by announcing that… but ya never know with this med staff given the well publicized injury snafus of the past…

Not uncertainty. He didnt rehab hard enough and gained a ton of weight to the point where he couldnt play. It was a weight issue. This was an arthroscopic procedure. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

22 hours ago, Trotter said:

Hence the hatred for those that can eat what they want and not gain weight or not think about food. 

It is actually a jealousy thing - not real hate.

By the way - there are 2 grams of protein so not all bad? 

And THREE grams of fiber! Per donut!

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Trotter said:

I could only wish - sugar is my issue.

Many of you may remember entennmans chocolate covered donuts - come in a box of 6 or 8.

Pit them in the refrig for a few hours and the box is gone - one sitting.

Can't do that anymore but if I did - easy 3-5 pounds overnight

Little chocolate donuts.  The breakfast of champions.  Wasn't Bruce Jenner's face on the box?  

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Not uncertainty. He didnt rehab hard enough and gained a ton of weight to the point where he couldnt play. It was a weight issue. This was an arthroscopic procedure. 

The reason likely is somewhere in the middle. Combination of bad team communication, unexpected medical complications, and Becton not being fully committed to his rehab. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

The reason likely is somewhere in the middle. Combination of bad team communication, unexpected medical complications, and Becton not being fully committed to his rehab. 

I’m pretty sure it I remember correctly the Jets didn’t think he needed surgery. The diagnosis changed after Bectons camp wanted him to get it.  Either way a arthroscopic procedure isn’t a season long injury. It’s not a secret the Jets have a weight he needs to meet in order to play.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I’m pretty sure it I remember correctly the Jets didn’t think he needed surgery. The diagnosis changed after Bectons camp wanted him to get it.  Either way a arthroscopic procedure isn’t a season long injury. It’s not a secret the Jets have a weight he needs to meet in order to play.

Not a doctor but it makes a lot of sense that a weight-bearing joint injury needs more time to heal when there is more weight put on it. If Becton opted for surgery, I fully endorse his doing so. The Jets would cut him without mercy if they believed it to be in their best interest so he must be free to make these types of decisions that could impact the length of his career.

But yes it’s on him to manage his fitness and weight.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 7:38 AM, JiFapono said:

Beast mode on a war path for the Chad Pennington award.  I tried tell all the haters, I gave them warning, I extended an olive branch to atone their sins of bashing Becton for no reason and now, dude is looking like a world strongest man competitor and ready to pancake DE's all around the NFL.  

There is still time, haters.   There is still time.

@freestater

Meanwhile, Crusher is on "Feast Mode" for the Crusher award.