Great tweets

On 8/3/2022 at 7:24 PM, AFJF said:

I get that this is an easily meme-ifiable picture, but there's actually a cool reason. The Astros were originally named the Colt 45's and to pay homage to the name the local leaders and associations decided to ditch the traditional shovels in favor of pistols loaded with blanks. There was even a discussion at a Houston City Council meeting a while back about trying to locate some of them so they can be displayed for historical purposes, but I don't think anything came of it.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Hey RJF, what can I do with this information? I don't know. It's the first time ever that I've actually put it into use.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I get that this is an easily meme-ifiable picture, but there's actually a cool reason. The Astros were originally named the Colt 45's and to pay homage to the name the local leaders and associations decided to ditch the traditional shovels in favor of pistols loaded with blanks. There was even a discussion at a Houston City Council meeting a while back about trying to locate some of them so they can be displayed for historical purposes, but I don't think anything came of it.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Hey RJF, what can I do with this information? I don't know. It's the first time ever that I've actually put it into use.

Also worth noting, the guy that was responsible for the name change to Astros was a former state rep and mayor that was basically trying to capitalize off of Houston being branded the NASA capital of the country in the 60's. Also built a theme park and huge commercial complex dubbing everything Astros for tourists. So the guns look weird now but in hindsight they made a lot of sense. 

Anyways here's Wonderwall.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Dude, you seriously aged faster than Catherine Zeta Jones.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Don't you LOVE IT when that happens?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...