Tailgate Party week 1

8 hours ago, Paradis said:

Hopefully I don't regret posting this lol

I'm coming out for this one -- a few of us already have tickets. Hope to see more there--

image.png

I will be there too.  @DoubleDecker you gonna make it for this?

Hoping we get a few more JN folks to join us.  Here is link to buy tailgate pass.

https://gothamcitycrew.com/shop-1/ols/products/tailgate-only-pass-week-1-vs-baltimore

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, nj meadowlands said:

Is this one of those ticket parties with the obnoxious DJ's turned up to 200 on the volume?  Maybe SAR was onto something... lol

I dunno, haven't attended a NY home game yet if you can believe it.. about a dozen away games, first time at home!! 

If it's gets too loud, we can always use our feet to move further away. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I dunno, haven't attended a NY home game yet if you can believe it.. about a dozen away games, first time at home!! 

Oh I see now.  The Jets finally draft a sexy TE and Paradis just HAS to make the trip.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bless you....Thank you said:

Tailgate Joe is the original and does the best job with food and beer imo. Why mess with perfection?

Its not about who is doing the cooking and what beers they have available.  Its about who you are hanging with before the game.   

@Paradis and I are flying in from out of town and hoping to meet some of the other JN regulars who undoubtedly will be at the game.  We have tickets with the Gotham City Crew group and will be at their tailgate.  We are hoping a few other JN regulars will meet us at the GCC tailgate and grab a beer before the game.  I know @maury77 is in for the tailgate.

A few other have talked about joining us, but I am not sure of anyone else who will be meeting up with us for certain.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Lith said:

Its not about who is doing the cooking and what beers they have available.  Its about who you are hanging with before the game.   

@Paradis and I are flying in from out of town and hoping to meet some of the other JN regulars who undoubtedly will be at the game.  We have tickets with the Gotham City Crew group and will be at their tailgate.  We are hoping a few other JN regulars will meet us at the GCC tailgate and grab a beer before the game.  I know @maury77 is in for the tailgate.

A few other have talked about joining us, but I am not sure of anyone else who will be meeting up with us for certain.

We park not that far from them, we are in the lot closer to the stadium. You guys should stop over at some point and say hi.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

On 7/13/2022 at 9:08 AM, nj meadowlands said:

Is this one of those ticket parties with the obnoxious DJ's turned up to 200 on the volume?  

probably.  Most of these pre-planned are ok but many are overwhelmingly loud.   My little group gathers in Lot K (next to Lot J but about 100 yards further from the stadium).  K is the best lot to park in for people who go home via Rte 3 West after the game.  Takes about 1 minute to exit (after the 10 minute walk to your car).  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

probably.  Most of these pre-planned are ok but many are overwhelmingly loud.   My little group gathers in Lot K (next to Lot J but about 100 yards further from the stadium).  K is the best lot to park in for people who go home via Rte 3 West after the game.  Takes about 1 minute to exit (after the 10 minute walk to your car).  

The J lot is a complete garbage boat. Everything that SAR incorrectly generalizes about the tailgating fanbase at large, is true about the J lot.  Obnoxiously loud, overridden by opposing fans, morons guzzling Bud Light starting at 8:30am until they puke.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The J lot is a complete garbage boat. Everything that SAR incorrectly generalizes about the tailgating fanbase at large, is true about the J lot.  Obnoxiously loud, overridden by opposing fans, morons guzzling Bud Light starting at 8:30am until they puke.

It's funny but the one thing I have noticed about the different lots is as you describe. Lot K for the most part is full of tailgaters but nothing crazy and mostly the same folks who have been there for years. As I walk though on my way into the stadium, I recognize alot of the same people.

Lot J is as you describe - a total Sht show but entertaining to just walk through. Then you hit the next lot which i do not remember the letter but it is the upgraded parking - prob platinum now. It literally is as if you entered a different world when you walk through. Some tailgates, much more toned down - Sar kind of folks. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Never noticed.  K is all Jets. Probably 80% of ppl in that lot are there to get out fast onto rte 3 west.  We have a tailgate practically up against the NY Giants ugly building.

19 minutes ago, Trotter said:

It's funny but the one thing I have noticed about the different lots is as you describe. Lot K for the most part is full of tailgaters but nothing crazy and mostly the same folks who have been there for years. As I walk though on my way into the stadium, I recognize alot of the same people.

Lot J is as you describe - a total Sht show but entertaining to just walk through. Then you hit the next lot which i do not remember the letter but it is the upgraded parking - prob platinum now. It literally is as if you entered a different world when you walk through. Some tailgates, much more toned down - Sar kind of folks. 

That's correct.  Maybe we parked near each other a few times.  I never really noticed much about J except the loud parties with blasting bad music and screaming hosts.  And on the other side is the bus lot.  

Trust me, you have not yet had the FULL MetLife tailgating experience until you walk through the bus lot (to the left of J) and all their parties, as you move towards the stadium.  Now some of those are great parties and even the Dolphins fan bus is a blast to walk to.  There are always buses for opposing fans from areas within reason.   You will often be invited to have some food too.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

That's correct.  Maybe we parked near each other a few times.  I never really noticed much about J except the loud parties with blasting bad music and screaming hosts.  And on the other side is the bus lot.  

Trust me, you have not yet had the FULL MetLife tailgating experience until you walk through the bus lot (to the left of J) and all their parties, as you move towards the stadium.  Now some of those are great parties and even the Dolphins fan bus is a blast to walk to.  There are always buses for opposing fans from areas within reason.   You will often be invited to have some food too.

Never realized you could walk through the bus lot - I will have to try that out - I always walk in right across and do see some of those tailgates are massive.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Trotter said:

Lot F. That's where we park. The RV is along the back curb. Everyone there wants to be close to the stadium so we have a ton of room, it's a good lot.

• Upvote 2

On 7/13/2022 at 11:37 AM, Paradis said:

You guys will have a blast. They throw a good party.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Yes sir, bring it every week..no sweat if you can't but it would be cool to say hi.

That makes it easier to find you. 

If it is just the three of us, it is probably easier to swing by for a little while -- and it is beginning to look like its just us 3, although I hope a few more will join us as the season draws closer.

• Upvote 3

On 7/15/2022 at 8:25 AM, Dcat said:

, you have not yet had the FULL MetLife tailgating experience until you walk through the bus lot (to the left of J) and all their parties, as you move towards the stadium.  Now some of those are great parties and even the Dolphins fan bus is a blast to walk to.  There are always buses for opposing fans from areas within reason.   You will often be invited to have some food too.

I wish you wouldn’t have told me that. I’m the guy who winds up on the rooftop in the Hang Over. Always. 

• Haha 1

Currently matriculating the ball down the field to try to make this happen.  Wife is going on an international business trip the week of the 12th so need to work some logistics (which I'm doing).

Last time I saw @Paradis was in San Diego for the road playoff victory during the Rex years.  Last time I saw @Maxman was 3 months ago in Vegas.  The last time I saw @Lith was.... ?  Either never or I was possibly too drunk to recall.  So yeah, I'm trying to make this happen.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Currently matriculating the ball down the field to try to make this happen.  Wife is going on an international business trip the week of the 12th so need to work some logistics (which I'm doing).

Last time I saw @Paradis was in San Diego for the road playoff victory during the Rex years.  Last time I saw @Maxman was 3 months ago in Vegas.  The last time I saw @Lith was.... ?  Either never or I was possibly too drunk to recall.  So yeah, I'm trying to make this happen.

You and I met briefly outside of the stadium at the Pats-Seahawks Super Bowl in Arizona.  Would be great if you could make it in for this one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Thanks.  I went with GCC to the Jets-Jags in Jacksonville.  Was down in Orlando with the family and needed a break from the theme parks so I drove up to Jacksonville for the day.  Bought a ticket with their group rather than sitting by myself.  They rented one of the pool suites I had a blast, even though we got our asses kicked.  Laverneus Coles and this guy showed up for part of the game.

IMG_1311.JPG

Yeah, the miami game sucked for me as gase gased it up and my seats were in front of uncle luke and fam, but the weekend I would grade an A-

On 7/14/2022 at 10:20 AM, Lith said:

I’m excited!

• Upvote 2