• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2022 at 6:06 PM, Apache 51 said:

Why am I getting political pop up campaign ads and is this beyond my control?

The ads are based on search history but it isn't as simple as you having searched for or visited political sites. Sometimes we get targeted if we visit another site, a political ad could appear.  

Unfortunately ads are the only way we have to support the site and keep things running.

• 2 weeks later...

I see. I haven't searched any Poli sites. I was just wondering and have not been on in a while and thought Poli was off limits. Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do Max. This site has kept me in the loop, helped me learn more about computer usage(my senior year of HS '84, we had the first computer room, and course I had an have no interest in computers), and changing technology, and sometimes a place to get ones mind off of things. So very much aAppreciated!! 

BF285B00-C9D4-4804-97B5-AFAD35011062.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2022 at 3:35 PM, Apache 51 said:

I see. I haven't searched any Poli sites. I was just wondering and have not been on in a while and thought Poli was off limits. Ya gotta do, what ya gotta do Max. This site has kept me in the loop, helped me learn more about computer usage(my senior year of HS '84, we had the first computer room, and course I had an have no interest in computers), and changing technology, and sometimes a place to get ones mind off of things. So very much aAppreciated!! 

BF285B00-C9D4-4804-97B5-AFAD35011062.jpeg

Thanks!

Class of '87 here.  I think you knocked the books out of my hands one time but no hard feelings lol.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Maxman dafuq is up with this one?  It came up in a thread that was, no joke, cluttered with @T0mShane posts.  Not even @JiFapono posts!!!

@Barry McCockinner @munchmemory @jgb @slats @The Crusher @Integrity28 @Spoot-Face @Beaver @Stark @Drums @slimjasi @Lith @HawkeyeJet @Paradis @ZachEY @nycdan @Jet Nut @faba @Smizzy  @BP @AVM @Verbal @Pac @SMC @Bleedin Green 

146AF66A-D436-499F-B2B9-3DBC7318A2DD.png

6AE6A555-28B2-49B1-BE02-B72846F77FBB.png

256C3547-1651-47D4-BAC8-D54649ACD730.png

7E9283D8-172E-47AB-B3F6-5488E3FA5093.png

Ads are generated by your personal internet preferences. Take it up with yourself. 

• Haha 3

That last ad is crazy.

Really not sure what we can do ads are the only way we have to pay for everything.

People have asked in the past about paying to have ads turned off. I've always resisted that and we have said no.

I guess the question though should be asked, would there be interest in a small monthly donation to have 100% of forum ads turned off?

I'm pretty sure the site would run faster for anyone who didn't have ads on as well.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

That last ad is crazy.

Really not sure what we can do ads are the only way we have to pay for everything.

People have asked in the past about paying to have ads turned off. I've always resisted that and we have said no.

I guess the question though should be asked, would there be interest in a small monthly donation to have 100% of forum ads turned off?

I'm pretty sure the site would run faster for anyone who didn't have ads on as well.

The adds dont bother me, especially this one.  Actually kind of jealous of 80 right now.  They're both super hot! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

That last ad is crazy.

The ads aren't a big deal to me.  I also wouldn't mind at all sending a donation from time to time.

Just wanted to give my JN homies yet another opportunity to rip on me, and they delivered.  lol.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2022 at 12:46 PM, T0mShane said:

Maxman shadow-banning the haters

I don't ban the haters. I tango with them until they realize I never sleep and they admit to themselves that they don't have the energy for this anymore.

Then we have a brief, but terse, exchange. To which I add, so sorry that you have decided to leave the site. We will leave a light on for you.

That is the playbook Tom. Like the Lombardi sweep I execute it to perfection every single time.

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2022 at 9:46 AM, Hal N of Provo said:

This add blocks a keyboard when you are trying to post so you can’t see what you type It gets clicked on by mistake - so they keep adding it.  

E16B6F4D-3F50-4ADE-BA01-4E78BDCB8930.png

Is this happening every time? On every post?