Jets Sorta West

slats

58 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, Cager was a final cut last year.  He was signed by the Browns in October and spent the year yo-yo-ing between their practice squad and roster.  I believe he played one total snap.  As far as I can see, it was on offense against the Lions week 11.  In 2020 he played 39 snaps over two games and had a target (incomplete). 

That has to be brutal being SO CLOSE to being an NFL player but falling just short.  He's basically 1 slot away from being a multi-millionaire NFL'er if he could just make an NFL roster for a couple of years  (though I have no idea how much money he's made).

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That has to be brutal being SO CLOSE to being an NFL player but falling just short.  He's basically 1 slot away from being a multi-

NFL'er if he could just make an NFL roster for a couple of years  (though I have no idea how much money he's made).

He has earned more than a half million already.  It's a tough deal, but if you want to chase your dream you do the work.  Half a mill doesn't sound bad to me for a couple of years of staying and shape and playing the game you love.

Spotrac Cager cash earnings

Over The Cap  Cager earnings

To give you an idea, Clyde Gates earned $1.85M in his storied 3 year career.  He was drafted in 2011 and did not make it out of camp in 2014.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

image.jpeg.53e80a28ff8f5604115cf32b68342a05.jpeg

Jocilyn Wilderstein.   Billionaire.  Nutty cat lady of Manhattan 

image.jpeg.c247b68db413778b110298968fb4dd48.jpeg

image.jpeg

You know they say a picture says a 1000 words.....

And just like words they're often better left unsaid!!!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PorP said:

You know they say a picture says a 1000 words.....

And just like words they're often better left unsaid!!!

You see them every day on TV, in films, or in real life.  Men and women of a certain age who have sought to improve their appearance--to look more youthful--by going for facial plastic surgery.   And in virtually every case, they wind up looking like various members of the cat family.  Just awful.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You see them every day on TV, in films, or in real life.  Men and women of a certain age who have sought to improve their appearance--to look more youthful--by going for facial plastic surgery.   And in virtually every case, they wind up looking like various members of the cat family.  Just awful.

Ya man... I know you're right and purposely try to avoid those images. 

Guess I need to thank Jet Nut... I was running a little low on material for nightmares... I'm good now. 

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, PorP said:

Ya man... I know you're right and purposely try to avoid those images. 

Guess I need to thank Jet Nut... I was running a little low on material for nightmares... I'm good now. 

Back in the late 80s or early 90s, while on a trip to Los Angeles, I saw Meg Ryan as I waiting for the valet at the Four Seasons to fetch my car.  I did a complete double take.  She looked completely different and odd.  I always thought Meg was naturally beautiful, but now she was one of the first facial surgery disasters I ever saw.

• Upvote 3

Just now, munchmemory said:

Back in the late 80s or early 90s, while on a trip to Los Angeles, I saw Meg Ryan as I waiting for the valet at the Four Seasons to fetch my car.  I did a complete double take.  She looked completely different and odd.  I always thought Meg was naturally beautiful, but now she was one of the first facial surgery disasters I ever saw.

Completely tragic!!

I was in love with her when I was 12!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It was later than that.  

I was behind her on line at the drug store in Malibu, Ca and she looked good.  Really good.  This was October 97. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

It was later than that.  

I was behind her on line at the drug store in Malibu, Ca and she looked good.  Really good.  This was October 97. 

Sorry, but no.  I had moved to the West Coast by '94.  I'll stand by the dates above.   Maybe you saw her on a good day.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Sorry, but no.  I had moved to the West Coast by '94.  I'll stand by the dates above.   Maybe you saw her on a good day.

Truthfully, my standards are very low, but she looks good here.

This is "Addicted to Love" released in 97

image.thumb.jpeg.733d450307eac0ecf88457cb0fe90382.jpeg

• Upvote 1

This is "Addicted to Love" released in 97

image.thumb.jpeg.733d450307eac0ecf88457cb0fe90382.jpeg

I just had a conversation with my wife who was on the same L.A. trip.  Both of us recall the same experience seeing Meg.  She corrected me saying it was "around '93-'94".   Both of us were shocked as she was still a young woman and did not need the surgery.  I think that maybe we saw an early tweak, not the extensive surgery.   That's about all I can say about it.   Not doubting you at all, J2T.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

I just had a conversation with my wife who was on the same L.A. trip.  Both of us recall the same experience seeing Meg.  She corrected me saying it was "around '93-'94".   Both of us were shocked as she was still a young woman and did not need the surgery.  I think that maybe we saw an early tweak, not the extensive surgery.   That's about all I can say about it.   Not doubting you at all, J2T.

My eyes were on her bottom most of the time anyway.  

• Haha 2

My eyes were on her bottom most of the time anyway.  

No doubt.  She's not my usual type, but Meg was cute.  

My wife just reminded me that we saw Winona Ryder on that trip, who she said was absolutely gorgeous.  But the ultimate was another trip when we stayed at the Four Seasons and Rod Stewart and Rachel Hunter stepped out of a limo.  Rachel Hunter--all legs in a short skirt--was just stunningly beautiful.

12 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

Problem with Wesco is that he regularly wiffed on his blocks.  The main reason he is there but they could be trying to play the comp pick formula with him.

As far as Mims not being there I would not read into but time will tell only few more weeks now.

I think Conklin completely erases Wesco from the Roster. He's a better receiver,  a better blocker, and is both versatile and effective.  

Bro, is that Flacco? Good to see...I guess...?

I Have No Idea Shrug GIF

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, munchmemory said:

I like Cats. 

? 

My boy Luke died a year ago this month. Worst 50th birthday present ever.... Now I'm sad. Thanks. 

27 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

She was adorable in French Kiss. Hottest she ever was in that light blue dress....

Screenshot_20220714-222316_Chrome.jpg.1b89f018f60c6dde6d565c71f93a5e27.jpg

I never cared for Kelly mcgillis so....

I knew when I saw top gun at 12 I was going to be a fighter pilot and marry Meg Ryan. I missed both marks but not by to awfully far. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, PorP said:

I never cared for Kelly mcgillis so....

I knew when I saw top gun at 12 I was going to be a fighter pilot and marry Meg Ryan. I missed both marks but not by to awfully far. 

Yeah, I wanted to be a Naval Aviator, flying the Tomcat.... until I realized I wasn't getting into Annapolis, and if I did manage to make it into Naval Flight School, I would wind up flying P-3s or C-130s. So f*** it, Infantry for the big guy! ? 

And in all honesty, by 1987 or so, I was banging girls hotter Than Meg....but shes still hot-cute, particularly there. ? 

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yeah, I wanted to be a Naval Aviator, flying the Tomcat.... until I realized I wasn't getting into Annapolis, and if I did manage to make it into Naval Flight School, I would wind up flying P-3s or C-130s. So f*** it, Infantry for the big guy! ? 

And in all honesty, by 1987 or so, I was banging girls hotter Than Meg....but shes still hot-cute, particularly there. ? 

My story is I liked booze too much and after a couple minor tiffs with the popo  ensured I wasn't going to college at that time, gonna be an officer or a gentleman. 

I settled for aircrew in s3's instead. Still was freaking awesome and shaped me forever in a lot of ways.

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, PorP said:

My story is I liked booze too much and after a couple minor tiffs with the popo  ensured I wasn't going to college at that time, gonna be an officer or a gentleman. 

I settled for aircrew in s3's instead. Still was freaking awesome and shaped me forever in a lot of ways.

That's cool! ASW plane if I remember correctly.  Cool stuff! What carrier?