Juan Soto Rejects 15 Yr/$440M Contract

32EBoozer

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/34253271/sources-washington-nationals-open-listening-juan-soto-trade-offers-440m-contract-rejected

The Washington Nationals are willing to listen to trade offers for Juan Soto after the star outfielder rejected their most recent long-term offer, league sources confirmed to ESPN on Saturday.

Sources said Soto turned down a 15-year, $440 million offer that would have been the largest contract in baseball history.

Soto had told ESPN earlier this year that he declined a 13-year, $350 million offer prior to the offseason lockout. He is eligible to become a free agent after the 2024 season.

But according to The Athletic, which first reported on the most recent rejected contract offer and the Nationals being open to listening to potential trades, some team officials no longer believe they will be able to reach any long-term deal with Soto.

If Soto were to consider taking an extension from the Nationals, it would be one of significant length as well as an average annual value among the highest in the game, sources told ESPN. The $29.3 million per year in the Nationals' offer would rank only 15th among players based on their 2022 salaries.

Judge only costs $$$$$

Soto would cost Yanks prospects & $$$$$

Both are very good overall players. Soto younger (23) so you are paying for future. judge already 30

Judge- 6’7” & 282 lbs. 

Soto- 6’2” & 224 lbs. 

Which body will age better?

I’d go with Soto, since I think he gives you everything Judge does for a longer period. All depends on whether Yank’s can get him signed. 
Hoping the Mets get him

• Upvote 1

On 7/17/2022 at 7:28 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Judge only costs $$$$$

Soto would cost Yanks prospects & $$$$$

Both are very good overall players. Soto younger (23) so you are paying for future. judge already 30

Judge- 6’7” & 282 lbs. 

Soto- 6’2” & 224 lbs. 

Which body will age better?

I’d go with Soto, since I think he gives you everything Judge does for a longer period. All depends on whether Yank’s can get him signed. 
Hoping the Mets get him

Other difference.   Judge can handle New York, and has proven it.

Soto, you don't know.   Not everyone can.

• Upvote 1