Breece Hall Signed

49 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm not sure why this is ever a thing to worry about or celebrate. To me, once a player is drafted, it's a foregone conclusion that they'll sign. When was the last time a big name player didn't sign his rookie contract? Was it Crabtree? And before that?

True, but you don't want a rookie to delay signing his contract so long that it impacts his ability to show up for camp/preseason.  RB is a "plug n play" position so it wasn't worrisome so much for Hall, but for some guys it could potentially cause their rookie year to become a bit of a wash since they weren't around for actual NFL practices.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I'm not sure why this is ever a thing to worry about or celebrate. To me, once a player is drafted, it's a foregone conclusion that they'll sign. When was the last time a big name player didn't sign his rookie contract? Was it Crabtree? And before that?

Well, Kumar Rocker says hi.  Different sport but still...

31 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think a lot of fans are underestimating how much of an immediate impact Hall can make and how good he can be in year 2 and on.

The Jets could very realistically have their own Chubb/Hunt combo in Hall and Carter.

What leads you to say that man? 

A few of us have stated ORoY which is pretty high expectation don't you think? 

3 minutes ago, PorP said:

What leads you to say that man? 

A few of us have stated ORoY which is pretty high expectation don't you think? 

I think he legitimately has the talent to be a Top 5 or even Top 3 back in the league, in the same conversation as guys like Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor and Nick Chubb.

As much as I wanted Garrett Wilson leading up to the draft, Hall is still my favorite pick of the bunch. Didn’t think the Jets would actually have the balls to take him, much less trade up for him.

I think a lot of fans are underestimating just how much a guy like this is going to do for Zach’s development moving forward.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

More excited to see Hall play than I have been for an offensive player in quite some time. I know RBs are "devalued" in today's game but a stud ball carrier can change the entire tenor of an offense.

This.

Combined with a top-10 pick talent infusion at WR, Year 2 of Elijah Moore, and a bunch of capable tight ends... I am pretty excited.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I think he legitimately has the talent to be a Top 5 or even Top 3 back in the league, in the same conversation as guys like Derrick Henry, Jonathan Taylor and Nick Chubb.

As much as I wanted Garrett Wilson leading up to the draft, Hall is still my favorite pick of the bunch. Didn’t think the Jets would actually have the balls to take him, much less trade up for him.

I think a lot of fans are underestimating just how much a guy like this is going to do for Zach’s development moving forward.

Idk man. I've only seen really positive about hall.  Even read an assertive comping him to HOF'er top 5 favorite jet Cutis Martin. 

I also believe Iron sharpens Iron,  that if hall wants rb1 he'll need to pry it from MCs cold dead hands and because I believe in both of em.... I think 2023 NYJ will have the #1 running duo in the nfl.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PorP said:

Thank goodness we signed the 2022 NFLORoY. No need for the jets a or day 2 pick to be playing those silly hold out games. 

To bad Zach still sucks.... 

Just thought I would get that out of the way. 

Hey mods...

Is there a weekly prize for most thumbs down on a post that was sarcastic....

I'm thinking thumbs down champ might be worthy of a Zach Wilson signed jersey... I'm not too proud to self promote.... x-large please. 

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Well, Kumar Rocker says hi.  Different sport but still...

Ha. I initially read that too quickly and misplaced the comma to read it as "Well kumar, ..." and had flashbacks of my time as an Indian American kid in Greenwich, CT when Harold and Kumar came out.

Yes, definitely a different sport. Candidly I don't pay any attention to baseball anymore even though as a kid it was my favorite sport - so I have no idea how the administration aspects of drafting and signing work. But for football, it's definitely a rarity.

Funny that Rocker was drafted by the Mets when the only other time I can remember "baseball", "Rocker" and "Mets" being discussed in the same sentence was in a very different tone.