Your top five disliked Jets of all time

CSNY

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ooh, Dave Cadigan.  That's a bit of a deep cut sir!

It is not that he was a bad guy or bad teammate - but I think I still hear holding #66 to this day.

It was so bad that once you saw the hankie on the field - you knew it was him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I get several having Gastineau on their list but I gotta say  - next to Chrebet he was the most likeable and genuine jet that I have ever met.

I loved Gastineau as a kid in the 80s. The late hit call was bullsh*t, they didn't want the Jets to win. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I loved Gastineau as a kid in the 80s. The late hit call was bullsh*t, they didn't want the Jets to win. 

He wasn’t even there first. An LB up the middle hit Kozar first IIRC

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

This is going to be an unpopular choice but Santonio Holmes for me. 

Sprinkle in some Sheldon Richardson too.

Santonio is my first thought as well. Braylon had better chemistry with Sanchez and offered more from a matchup standpoint, but Rex was impressed that a dickhead like Santonio was nice to his kids. Either we should have kept Braylon or both. Unfortunately Braylon goes to SF, gets injured and never really plays again. Mims from a personality and introversion standpoint is a lot like Braylon. I hope the Jets staff learns how to develop him, I think we sometimes forget the talent level Mims has.

Most of the Jets I have hated are the hired guns like Burress and Jason Taylor, especially hated Vick, but I really disliked Pennington post injury and a few other home grown ones but not vehemently or anything.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

I get several having Gastineau on their list but I gotta say  - next to Chrebet he was the most likeable and genuine jet that I have ever met.

According to an account by at least one JN poster from when he was a kid just wanting an autograph, Gastineau was a d**k in real life.  So I get it if people want to put him on the list.  

Joe Klecko is much higher on the “likability” list, at least for me. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

According to an account by at least one JN poster from when he was a kid just wanting an autograph, Gastineau was a d**k in real life.  So I get it if people want to put him on the list.  

I met him when he was going thru some medical issues so maybe his attitude had changed.

I simply thanked him for his time on the field and he bear hugged me so tight i literally thought i would stop breathing. He would not let go and kept repeating i love you.

When he finally let go I told him to put on pads and help us out that day - he then hugs me again - back to no breathing 

Very strange but I gotta tell you i don't think it was fake. He seemed very sincere.

• Upvote 3

Gastineau is a tough one to place in these lists.  He had some serious issues, especially the domestic violence stuff.  He walked out on the team, though I can understand that.  If my wife really was going through that, I'd probably walk too.  He strikes me as more troubled than bad guy, but troubled people often do the worst things.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I met him when he was going thru some medical issues so maybe his attitude had changed.

I simply thanked him for his time on the field and he bear hugged me so tight i literally thought i would stop breathing. He would not let go and kept repeating i love you.

When he finally let go I told him to put on pads and help us out that day - he then hugs me again - back to no breathing 

Very strange but I gotta tell you i don't think it was fake. He seemed very sincere.

13 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Trot. I met him as well but under very different circumstances as I worked at Rikers for 27 years and he was incarcerated there. Spoke to him a few times about the Jets of that era told him how great he was as a pass rusher and how I loved that team  He thanked me for remembering him and was really sincere,  That’s why I didn’t put him on the list as I abhorred that silly sack dance and was glad that Jackie Slater knocked him on his ass 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, CSNY said:

Trot. I met him as well but under very different circumstances as I worked at Rikers for 27 years and he was incarcerated there. Spoke to him a few times about the Jets of that era told him how great he was as a pass rusher and how I loved that team  He thanked me for remembering him and was really sincere,  That’s why I didn’t put him on the list as I abhorred that silly sack dance and was glad that Jackie Slater knocked him on his ass 

he certainly has had a troubled past - I did not include him either because even though he had his issues - he is no where near the level of jason taylor.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Copernicus said:

Wow, in the down years we had so many to choose from. Here goes (off the top of my head):

Tebow

Dedrick Ward

Mo Wilkerson

Kyle Wilson

Boomer Esaison 

Honorable Mentions:

Plaxico Burress

Santonio Holmes

Revis

Michael Vick

Jamal Adams

Maybe I missed something but what has Dedric Ward ever done to deserve to be on this type of list ?

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

He was only here for one season, but Isaiah Crowell at least deserves some mention.  And I am not referring to his butt wiping TD celebration. 

I forgot about that tool... and the idiotic celebration. 

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Damn this thread is giving me PTSD symptoms.?

I was just thinking the popular thread is 10 names long that people are cycling through....

This thread is every jet since 1968 minus 10.... lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I think that is Kyle Wilson, and not Cro. 

i got ya buddy - if i remember the play correctly and since it is embedded in my brain - unfortunatly I think I do - Cro did an ol le first  and then Wilson as is typical might have missed a tackle and started chasing.

What I don't remember is if Wilson wagged his finger at Cruz while he did the salsa.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Each major celebrity has thousands or tens of thousands of fan interactions during their career. They can have bad days, you know.

Trumaine Johnson and Mo Wilkerson for mailing it in 

Jamal Adams - loved that he jumped ship when things were turning around and landed right on the Titanic

Geno Smith - his toxic masculinity overcompensation for being an sensitive introvert was disastrous 

Revis - Love/Hate

Honorable mention to that Idzik DB who went AWOL with assault rifles

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

35 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Oops, forgot Jeff Criswell.   As I type, in his retirement, Criswell just got called six more times for holding.  What a drive killer.

As I am reading your post I realize for the God knows how many times I have done this I mixed up Dave Cadigan with Jeff Criswell. So my amended list has Criswell not Cadigan although both were penalty machines - Criswell was worse. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

As I am reading your post I realize for the God knows how many times I have done this I mixed up Dave Cadigan with Jeff Criswell. So my amended list has Criswell not Cadigan although both were penalty machines - Criswell was worse. 

No apologies necessary, my friend.  They were both disasters on that ill-fated O line.  You could almost set your watch to the inevitable holding calls.