Your top five disliked Jets of all time

CSNY

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

Maybe I missed something but what has Dedric Ward ever done to deserve to be on this type of list ?

I was probably more upset with the compensation Parcells got for trading the #1 overall pick that turned into James Farrior and Dedrick Ward. He was a thrid round pick by Parcells that seemed to just fair catch punts and as a Wr was underwhelming. 

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

Each major celebrity has thousands or tens of thousands of fan interactions during their career. They can have bad days, you know.

I'm sure others can corroborate similar experiences, however.  Once in a while, sure, understandable.  A pattern of being a d**k, well....you're a d**k.  

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Agree on Jason Taylor. Still can't  believe we had a player that flipped the bird to fans. 

Richard Todd did it as well. Pretty sure it was in 1980 against the Niners when the Jets were losing 28-0 or some lopsided score after the first quarter. That game Clark Gaines caught something like 21 passes for a total of 150-160 yards 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Richard Todd did it as well. Pretty sure it was in 1980 against the Niners when the Jets were losing 28-0 or some lopsided score after the first quarter. That game Clark Gaines caught something like 21 passes for a total of 150-160 yards 

Clark Gaines. Brings back memories. I always thought a bit underrated. Good football player

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Clark Gaines. Brings back memories. I always thought a bit underrated. Good football player

Absolutely a good player but unfortunately he was our featured back that year a role he wasn’t equipped for due to a rash of injuries ( pretty sure Tom Newton even got a slew of carries instead of being primarily used as his usual role as a blocker) 

• Upvote 1

When we do these lists I usually nominate a guy that nobody remembers as he never played a snap.  If you want to point to why the Jets fell to the depths of Kotite you need to look to those early 90's drafts.  The guys that did well (Blake, Mathis, Martin) generally did their best work elsewhere.  In 1991 they drafted 11 players.  Only 3 played in an NFL game.  Mo Lewis was an excellent 3rd rounder, but they took Nagle in the 2nd and Mark Gun in the 4th.  I get that they were all 6th round and later, but not a single NFL snap between them?  Even on specials?  

In 1990 I was super interested and remember reading the draft profiles.  Basil Proctor was touted as a 245 LB from West Virginia that ran a 4.5 40.  In the 7th round!  Even though I graduated 3 years earlier, we were about the same age.  I was stoked.  Exactly what I always wanted.  He busted out and disappeared.  I always remembered the name though and he kept turning up in the papers.  Turns out that he actually started at Miami where he was at safety.  This was during the Catholics vs. Convicts era.  Miami and WVU were not exactly known for recruiting choirboys. 

Well, the guy went to Canada and played a few years and then put in 10 plus years in the Arena League.  He was arrested and convicted in 2000 when working as a counselor for having sex with a patient a 15 year old emotionally disturbed girl.  He plead, go 8 months and several years probation and continued to play in the Arena League.  Pretty sure that I was still reading about him in those leagues while I was in Milan in 2006.  By the time my tour was up and I was coming home in 2011 he was arrested and sentenced for dealing oxycodone. ******* guy. 

TLDR: Another troubled guy, but this one actually did some seriously bad sh*t

32 minutes ago, CSNY said:

We didn't draft Todd after he did that. 

1 hour ago, mfmartin said:

I was at camp the year he was with the Jets and fans were ragging on him hard. He came over and shook everyone’s hand and thanked them for coming to practice.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I heard that story once before but none the less he will always be #1 on my list.  (classy move though, I'll give him that)

• Upvote 2

Boomer -  For taking Kenny O'Briens jersey number while Kenny was still on the team

Everett McIver-  For talking sh_t in the week up to the Bills game and having Bruce Smith nearly kill our QB

Darrelle Revis - the holdout crap became too much.  Cant stand him . His hold outs led us to Kyle Wilson & Dee Milner

Geno Smith -  just an absolute d_ck of a person

Jamaal - over rated big mouth

Mo Lewis - always liked him until that last season of his when he wouldnt get off blocks and just cashed a check.  I have never seen a loved guy be a bigger dog collecting check.   .   

• Sympathy 1