Your top five disliked Jets of all time

CSNY

14 hours ago, Jet hustle said:

Justin McCarreins

Derek Mason

Kyle Brady

Sam Darnold

Todd Bowles

I had forgotten about McCarry-and-drop. I do remember hating him, but can't remember if it was because he was bad or something else.

7 hours ago, CSNY said:

Absolutely a good player but unfortunately he was our featured back that year a role he wasn’t equipped for due to a rash of injuries ( pretty sure Tom Newton even got a slew of carries instead of being primarily used as his usual role as a blocker) 

Wasn't it he and Kevin Long who about provided the only offense during that sad stretch around 79-81, IIRC?

It's easy to just pick guys who didn't perform, but most of them were not bad guys and were just not good enough through no fault of their own.  The guys who deserve our hatred are those who had talent, but abused it or were such a$$holes that they hurt the team.  

1. Favre - he was an egotistical mercenary SOB who completely played the front office in an obvious attempt to get to Minnesota.  He didn't care one iota about anything Jets while he was here, except his beloved games started streak.  In the end, he was completely outplayed by the player he replaced. Plus he's a moronic redneck who took dick pix....

2. Revis - he didn't care about anything - winning, teammates, the franchise - except for making sure he was highest paid CB in the NFL every single season. He is captain holdout/contract dispute.  He was never a leader or a mentor. When the locker room needed leadership starting in 2011, he was the invisible man, except when it came to his contract. Then we heard from him.  He was without question the most selfish player in Jets history, edging out some of the others on this list.  His stellar play in 2009-2010 is the only thing keeping from #1.

3. Fitztragic - a journeyman JAG loser of a QB who lacked self awareness. One of the NFL's all-time losers. 17 years, 9 teams, and not a single playoff berth.  Choked in every big game he played in, including the win and in season ending game vs Buffalo in 2015.  He stunk, but fans and he himself thought he was good.  He was carried by Marshall and Decker in 2015 and torpedoed 2016 with his contract demands.

4. Tebow - not a bad guy, but this signing ruined the Rex Ryan Jets and it was so predictable.  His presence turned the Jets into a circus and led to the ultimate downfall of the team.  He was a locker room cancer, not because of the way he acted, but because of the cult following he brought with him. He was never ever close to being an NFL caliber QB, but his fans would never accept that and it caused major distraction issues on a team with the absolute wrong coach - Ryan - who was a human distraction himself (see below).

5. Keyshawn Johnson - He was nowhere near as good as he thought he was and his absurd jealousy of Chrebet when they could have been a great 1-2 punch was embarrassing.  Writing that ridiculous book in his rookie season and then demanding an absurd contract after only 4 years on the team was absurd.  He was Adams before Adams.  The Jets turned his greed into 2 first round picks and one of the best drafts history in 2000 and the Jets embarrassed him in the flashlight game in TB in 2000.

6. Adams -the way he forced his way off the team was a disgrace.  

7 Gastineau - Just a complete jerk.  I went to training camp when I was a Big Brother and Brough my Little Brother who wanted Gastineau's autograph.  At the end of practice, we asked him and he said he would sign when he came out of the locker room. We waited and waited. When he came out, he tried avoid us and when I confronted him, he made some excuse about being late and refused to sign. It took him multiple times longer to refuse to sign than it would have to sign. My story is so similar to others that it is more than a "bad" day.  Throw in quitting on the team and being hated by his teammates.....

Coaching Category

1. Belichick - the most hated man in Jets history.  Stole Hess' money as an assistant and broke his promise to that man after he died.  He ran out on the team after the Jets did everything to prepare him to be the next HC after Parcells.  Just a terrible human being.  NFL's most prolific cheater. Did the Pats win anything on the up and up?

2. Gase - the worst coach in Jets history by a long shot (Kotite was somewhat knowledgeable and had a personality).

3. Kotite - lazy, awful ("the boys played hard")

4.  Ryan - turned the Jets into the most hated team in the NFL and they still have not recovered.  The Jets were the underdogs who saved the AFL and then lovable losers and then respected in the 80s and again under Parcells in the late 90s.  Ryan's bombastic boasting made them despised by the NFL media and the stench never came off.

5. Walton - ever read Nose to Nose?  He was a manipulative Machiavellian nose picking jerk whose presence led to the firing of Michaels.  Another more capable coach wins a SB in the 1980s.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

5. Walton - ever read Nose to Nose?  He was a manipulative Machiavellian nose picking jerk whose presence led to the firing of Michaels.  Another more capable coach wins a SB in the 1980s.

All Jets fans should read nose-to-nose.  It's a great read even if you weren't around in those great Hofstra days.  Fields and Klecko co authored and I was surprised at the Joe Walton antics.  What a dishonest blame shifter.  How'd he ever last 7 years?  Michaels was a very good coach who had issues that stopped the career. Fields and Klecko & crew loved him.  But the Jets were going in the right direction with him and then Walton ate away at it little by little over 7 hard years. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

the one player i truly hate is mike vick. he is a piece of human sh*t and i hope he f*cking dies a painful death
I used to feel that way ... but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is a redeemed human. Heinous acts though truly deplorable and evil. Yep... I'm a huge dog lover/owner.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Wasn't it he and Kevin Long who about provided the only offense during that sad stretch around 79-81, IIRC?

Bung. Scott Dierking was on the team as well along with Bruce Harper Wesley Walker, Derrick Gaffney, as that team was just in its infancy to respectability under Waldo In 78&79 they went 8-8 but if I remember a lot of them were in and out of the lineup due to injuries in 1980 when they went 4-12 and lost to the 0-14 “Aints” on a very very cold windy late December day at Shea which about only 20,000 people showed up 

• Upvote 1

Off the top of my head

Revis

Becht....(false start, illegal formation, holding)

Edwards (do coaches count)

Howard (db in the mid 80's burnt constantly)

Geno Smith (I don't know what time it is and think I'm better than I am)

• Haha 1

Favre and Tebow would be a level above everyone else. Hated the sight of them. 

Mo Wilkerson will always annoy me for how much I argued for that contract. And then f*cker just quit. 

Struggling to come up with more. Vick was a scumbag but at least paid his dues and seemed genuinely humbled, and he wasn't really significant enough anyway. Most guys just suck or had an inflated opinion of themselves which I can forgive, probably forgetting some guys too. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Bungaman said:

First round pick/flop Kyle "Step Behind" Wilson. His excessive celebrations of incomplete passes that had nothing to do with his futile defensive efforts drove me nuts. And who could forget the time he committed personal fouls on three consecutive plays - awe inspiring ineptitude.

All five slots for me. My sentiments lean more towards disappointment as opposed to despite. That list is easily filled.

Kyle Wilson was the absolute name that popped in my head. 

Wilson, LaVeon, Milner, Coples, Aaron Mabin.... I could go on.  Lee, Gholsten

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I used to feel that way ... but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he is a redeemed human. Heinous acts though truly deplorable and evil. Yep... I'm a huge dog lover/owner.

I feel the same and I am the type that if my dog and wife are on a ledge and one has to go - well it was a nice marriage.

when he joined the jets I hated it- would not remotely stand if he was in the game and simply could not root for him.

• Upvote 1

Funny thing is that if I consider who would be on my top 5 most hated Jets of all-time, I'd have to put Namath on it because his selfish nature cost a great team a shot at winning 2 SBs. What's funny about it is that Namath would also be among my 5 most loved Jets. ..... It's complicated.

Kyle Wilson - toast extraordinaire

Geno . . .     him getting molly-whopped was a season highlight and should have happened weekly

Jason Taylor - breathing piece of excrement 

Becht - ugh

And last but not at all least - Chad. Not a horrible person but if he was 25% as good as he thought he was, he might have been serviceable.

12 hours ago, Bungaman said:

I had forgotten about McCarry-and-drop. I do remember hating him, but can't remember if it was because he was bad or something else.

McDroppins was the Corey Davis of 2004. He was the #2 in Tennessee but was seen as a potential #1.

He was the "BIG TRADE AQUISITION" that was going to be our big #1 Receiver, and dude choked. Drops, bad routes, etc. Was a decent #2/3 but not worth the trade 

More disappointment than hate, tbh.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

It's easy to just pick guys who didn't perform, but most of them were not bad guys and were just not good enough through no fault of their own.  The guys who deserve our hatred are those who had talent, but abused it or were such a$$holes that they hurt the team.  

1. Favre - he was an egotistical mercenary SOB who completely played the front office in an obvious attempt to get to Minnesota.  He didn't care one iota about anything Jets while he was here, except his beloved games started streak.  In the end, he was completely outplayed by the player he replaced. Plus he's a moronic redneck who took dick pix....

2. Revis - he didn't care about anything - winning, teammates, the franchise - except for making sure he was highest paid CB in the NFL every single season. He is captain holdout/contract dispute.  He was never a leader or a mentor. When the locker room needed leadership starting in 2011, he was the invisible man, except when it came to his contract. Then we heard from him.  He was without question the most selfish player in Jets history, edging out some of the others on this list.  His stellar play in 2009-2010 is the only thing keeping from #1.

3. Fitztragic - a journeyman JAG loser of a QB who lacked self awareness. One of the NFL's all-time losers. 17 years, 9 teams, and not a single playoff berth.  Choked in every big game he played in, including the win and in season ending game vs Buffalo in 2015.  He stunk, but fans and he himself thought he was good.  He was carried by Marshall and Decker in 2015 and torpedoed 2016 with his contract demands.

4. Tebow - not a bad guy, but this signing ruined the Rex Ryan Jets and it was so predictable.  His presence turned the Jets into a circus and led to the ultimate downfall of the team.  He was a locker room cancer, not because of the way he acted, but because of the cult following he brought with him. He was never ever close to being an NFL caliber QB, but his fans would never accept that and it caused major distraction issues on a team with the absolute wrong coach - Ryan - who was a human distraction himself (see below).

5. Keyshawn Johnson - He was nowhere near as good as he thought he was and his absurd jealousy of Chrebet when they could have been a great 1-2 punch was embarrassing.  Writing that ridiculous book in his rookie season and then demanding an absurd contract after only 4 years on the team was absurd.  He was Adams before Adams.  The Jets turned his greed into 2 first round picks and one of the best drafts history in 2000 and the Jets embarrassed him in the flashlight game in TB in 2000.

6. Adams -the way he forced his way off the team was a disgrace.  

7 Gastineau - Just a complete jerk.  I went to training camp when I was a Big Brother and Brough my Little Brother who wanted Gastineau's autograph.  At the end of practice, we asked him and he said he would sign when he came out of the locker room. We waited and waited. When he came out, he tried avoid us and when I confronted him, he made some excuse about being late and refused to sign. It took him multiple times longer to refuse to sign than it would have to sign. My story is so similar to others that it is more than a "bad" day.  Throw in quitting on the team and being hated by his teammates.....

Coaching Category

1. Belichick - the most hated man in Jets history.  Stole Hess' money as an assistant and broke his promise to that man after he died.  He ran out on the team after the Jets did everything to prepare him to be the next HC after Parcells.  Just a terrible human being.  NFL's most prolific cheater. Did the Pats win anything on the up and up?

2. Gase - the worst coach in Jets history by a long shot (Kotite was somewhat knowledgeable and had a personality).

3. Kotite - lazy, awful ("the boys played hard")

4.  Ryan - turned the Jets into the most hated team in the NFL and they still have not recovered.  The Jets were the underdogs who saved the AFL and then lovable losers and then respected in the 80s and again under Parcells in the late 90s.  Ryan's bombastic boasting made them despised by the NFL media and the stench never came off.

While I don’t agree with some of the names on your list, this was a really great read. Thanks for sharing.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:09 PM, Trotter said:

May I request some type of ban for posting this picture?

Did you crop out Cromartie or was he already laying on the ground when this shot was taken.

On 7/20/2022 at 1:28 PM, Bungaman said:

I think that is Kyle Wilson, and not Cro. 

Kyle Wilson = WELKER-STOPPER

4 hours ago, NJ said:

Kyle Wilson - toast extraordinaire

Geno . . .     him getting molly-whopped was a season highlight and should have happened weekly

Jason Taylor - breathing piece of excrement 

Becht - ugh

And last but not at all least - Chad. Not a horrible person but if he was 25% as good as he thought he was, he might have been serviceable.

Becht was mediocre

Doug Jolly was nightmare inducing horrible

• Upvote 1

On 7/20/2022 at 8:05 AM, CSNY said:

Johnny “Lam” Jones: Guy couldn’t catch a cold. Dam was he horrible

The fans nicknamed him "Johnny Lame Jones", because he was always injured.  He definitely makes my top 5.

I think that John Riggings is on my list since he left the Jets to be part of the super bowl Redskins team.

Mo Wilkerson makes the list for me, since he got his massive contract and stopped playing hard immediately thereafter.

Keyshawn "Gimme the damn ball" makes the list, since he wanted off the team, and put down Wayne Chrebet thinking he was nothing special.  Didn't Keyshawn coin the phrase "flashlight" for Chrebet?  If someone can correct me or corroborate that for me, I would be appreciative.

Gholston rounds out my top 5 hated Jets players of all time.  All the talent in the world, but had no interest in playing the game, and seemed to be scared to me.  He just took the money and did nothing.  A top 10 pick who wasn't even worth a 7th round draft pick.  

#1 Bill Parcells: Arrogance kept us from getting Peyton Manning AND holding on to Bellicheat - greatest coach and one of the greatest QBs. Set the franchise way back.

#2 Adam Gase

#3 Jason Taylor - ughh.

#4 Trumaine Johnson - mailed it in.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Alka said:

The fans nicknamed him "Johnny Lame Jones", because he was always injured.  He definitely makes my top 5.

I think that John Riggings is on my list since he left the Jets to be part of the super bowl Redskins team.

Mo Wilkerson makes the list for me, since he got his massive contract and stopped playing hard immediately thereafter.

Keyshawn "Gimme the damn ball" makes the list, since he wanted off the team, and put down Wayne Chrebet thinking he was nothing special.  Didn't Keyshawn coin the phrase "flashlight" for Chrebet?  If someone can correct me or corroborate that for me, I would be appreciative.

Gholston rounds out my top 5 hated Jets players of all time.  All the talent in the world, but had no interest in playing the game, and seemed to be scared to me.  He just took the money and did nothing.  A top 10 pick who wasn't even worth a 7th round draft pick.  

Gholston just blew chunks. Not saying he shouldn’t be hated but let’s hate for the right reason.

The drafting of Johnny Lam paired with Wesley was going to be our version of Swann and Stallworth. Excellent thought process really really reaaaaally bad player. Just would never catch the ball with his hands only was a body catcher and try as the coaches did to break him if that habit he just wouldn’t do it 

4 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

#1 Bill Parcells: Arrogance kept us from getting Peyton Manning AND holding on to Bellicheat - greatest coach and one of the greatest QBs. Set the franchise way back.

#2 Adam Gase

#3 Jason Taylor - ughh.

#4 Trumaine Johnson - mailed it in.

lol, you actually have BP as the most hated?   Not sure how old you are but  BP gave this team credibility after a decade of ineptitude and was 30 minutes and a few ill timed fumbles from the super bowl.   The next year the NYJ, yes the NYJ were the favorites to win the afc before Vinny blew out his Achilles in the jetsiest moment of all time.   BP didn’t set the team back, he was the savior.   

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, LionelRichie said:

lol, you actually have BP as the most hated?   Not sure how old you are but  BP gave this team credibility after a decade of ineptitude and was 30 minutes and a few ill timed fumbles from the super bowl.   The next year the NYJ, yes the NYJ were the favorites to win the afc before Vinny blew out his Achilles in the jetsiest moment of all time.   BP didn’t set the team back, he was the savior.   

Namath and BP are on far too many of these lists. @Joe W. Namath

I didn't like BP for the same reason I didn't like Jason Taylor.  Bringing in a legendary non-Jet to be out "savior"  will never fly for me.   
Lott, Faneca, Braylon, LT ? ... lots of great players I dont hate for coming to the Jets.

10 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Can someone explain the hate (or possible dislike) for Chad Pennington? I've always considered him a solid dude. Not arguing, just curious.

For me it was he was kind of a mediocre QB leading a really good team.  Same thing that got Eli and Flacco rings but Chad wasn't capable of ratcheting up his play in the post season.

He was a good team mate capable of winning with a good team... he was not the guy who was going to save us from a loss though. 

Just my .02 on it. 

• Upvote 1