Giants getting throwbacks this season

Matt39

I know Woody put out that clip on twitter stating how nice our 80's helmets were.  After that, I thought for sure we would be sporting those for a handful of games this year.  I suppose if that were the case, we would have been notified by now.

28 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Nice clean design, but anyone else think they screwed up the blue? Too light. Looks like the current BUF set.

These are their 80-90’s set. The colors were mismatched back then.

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

These are their 80-90’s set. The colors were mismatched back then.

I'm not talking about the mismatched colors on the jersey and helmet.  The blue of the jersey is too bright.  The 80's - 90's jersey blue was slightly darker.  These look like the current Bills uniforms.

image.thumb.png.662adf1e685184f958c106dbf76f133c.png

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Actually second favorite to the make believe mafia game

Mafia is not a topic or subject, it’s a game you play that has an outcome, which is slightly different than getting excited over colors and fabrics. And over half of the mafia players, are not Jets fans. 

More importantly, we have no shame in playing a game of guess who.  Why are you embarrassed about being into fashion? If that’s your thing, embrace it, I support you!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Mafia is not a topic or subject, it’s a game you play that has an outcome, which is slightly different than getting excited over colors and fabrics. And over half of the mafia players, are not Jets fans. 

More importantly, we have no shame in playing a game of guess who.  Why are you embarrassed about being into fashion? If that’s your thing, embrace it, I support you!

I'm a fan of teh mafia goodness and teh haberdashery myself. 

4 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Mafia is not a topic or subject, it’s a game you play that has an outcome, which is slightly different than getting excited over colors and fabrics. 

953D6D1C-D812-4AC6-9A6F-DC93165D665B.gif

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

953D6D1C-D812-4AC6-9A6F-DC93165D665B.gif

You fail to see the difference of being a participant in a game vs. observing color patterns and fabrics?

interesting, definitely more interesting than this thread.

1 minute ago, JiFapono said:

You fail to see the difference of being a participant in a game vs. observing color patterns and fabrics?

interesting, definitely more interesting than this thread.

They’re both geeky hobbies. So not much no

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Don't knock it till you try it.  Mafia games helped us get through many an offseason.  And, when the Jets were out of it by Halloween, got us through the remainder of those seasons too.  It's a fun escape, with some pretty terrific insults to boot.

Everyone thinks Mafia is purely for dorks and losers until they play.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Fascinating.   While your point is certainly true.  It begs the question; are all hobbies created equal?  In this example, one is a competition you participate in, where you use strategy and wit to achieve an objective, which can differ from game to game but ultimately, it's winning.  Which is stimulating and rewarding. The other is observing how colors and fabrics make you feel, which is certainly stimulating but it's a subjective in nature and has no measurable objective or outcome.  However, sharing those feelings could be rewarding in the same way some would feel a sense of accomplishment in winning a game.  Therefore, I conclude, all hobbies are created equal and your point is valid.  Thanks for working that out with me! 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Don't knock it till you try it.  Mafia games helped us get through many an offseason.  And, when the Jets were out of it by Halloween, got us through the remainder of those seasons too.  It's a fun escape, with some pretty terrific insults to boot.

Everyone thinks Mafia is purely for dorks and losers until they play.  

I’m not knocking it at all. I play Wordle every day. 

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Most sane folks can care about multiple things at the same time.

Like winning.  And looking good.

I enjoy purchasing jet gear occasionally. The new stuff sucks. Uniforms are also apart of the history of football.