Sean Payton wants to coach the Jets?

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Under Robert Saleh the Jets D ranked 32nd in both yards and points.  

I didn't say Payton was a great defensive mind.  I just said he knows more about defense than Saleh by Miles.  

1. Jeff Ulbrich runs our defense.  Full control.

2. No he doesn’t.  In 16 years, he hired two decent defensive coordinators.

3.  This is a moot discussion.  Sean Payton is not going to be the Jets head coach.  This “list” is pure speculation.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, jgb said:

The only loyalty I care about in business is pay me my ******* market value.

I've worked at a few places where the mentor ship vastly improved my market value.  Who you choose to work with has a significant long term benifit on market value.  Developing skills with the right people can be worth lots of money in the short and long run.   It's not about loyalty it's about decision making for your future and money is only one factor in developing future value.  

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

1. Jeff Ulbrich runs our defense.  Full control.

2. No he doesn’t.  In 16 years, he hired two decent defensive coordinators.

On what planet does someone in authority giving full control to an incompetent make him good at his job?

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I've worked at a few places where the mentor ship vastly improved my market value.  Who you choose to work with has a significant long term benifit on market value.  Developing skills with the right people can be worth lots of money in the short and long run.   It's not about loyalty it's about decision making for your future and money is only one factor in developing future value.  

I hear ya and when I was younger that stuff mattered now I’m on the wrong side of 40 have a senior position and kids and family and mortgages and just want to GET PAID.

Im Revis with a briefcase.

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Everything I’ve heard indicates Miami is more likely than the Jets (but Cowboys is practically a done deal.)

This is just some rando From CBS thinking out loud.

Brian Flores next Jets Head Coach

He did a good job in Miami and has a chip on his shoulder regarding the dolphins and pats

4 minutes ago, Biggs said:

On what planet does someone in authority giving full control to an incompetent make him good at his job?

If you want to judge an entire staff with a roster devoid of experienced talent on both sides of the ball after only one season because you have a thing for Sean Payton, be my guest.

He’s not coming here.

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

If you want to judge an entire staff with a roster devoid of experienced talent on both sides of the ball after only one season because you have a thing for Sean Payton, be my guest.

He’s not coming here.

We have talent on offense.  Our offensive line in particular has a chance to be top 3 in the league 

I’ll admit, I haven’t read the thread, so I have no idea what the consensus is here.

Let me say I have no issue with Saleh, but if the Jets can get Payton and don’t because of Saleh, that’s dumb.

How do you not hire one of the best in a profession because you already have someone unproven in that position?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He’s not coming here.

I don't have a thing for Payton anymore than I had a thing for Parcells.   Saleh sucked last year.  Saleh is the HC.  I'm hopeful he will get better, much better.  The Jets had talent on both sides of the ball last year, lots of it.  Does a creative staff who are really good at coaching up players and game planning get better results?  Hard to know but if you don't think it matters Rich Kotite should still be coaching the Jets. 

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ll admit, I haven’t read the thread.

I have no issue with Saleh, but if the Jets can get Payton and don’t because of Saleh, that’s dumb.

How do you not hire one of the best in a profession because you already have someone unproven in that position?

Agreed, but I don't think we should be throwing our hat in the ring unless Payton explicitly states he wants to be here. We are building the right way, would be the Sanchez/Manning situation all over again.

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I don't have a thing for Payton anymore than I had a thing for Parcells.   Saleh sucked last year.  Saleh is the HC.  I'm hopeful he will get better, much better.  The Jets had talent on both sides of the ball last year, lots of it.  Does a creative staff who are really good at coaching up players and game planning get better results?  Hard to know but if you don't think it matters Rich Kotite should still be coaching the Jets. 

We lost both starting Edges, both starting Safeties, and were starting rookies/late round players at CB and LB. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Biggs said:

36 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

We lost both starting Edges, both starting Safeties, and were starting rookies/late round players at CB and LB. 

@bla bla bla said it all already.

I never said it doesn’t matter.  At all.  I’m telling you that one year with the circumstances from last season doesn’t tell me sh*t about this staff.

Also, again: you’re fighting a pointless fight here.  Sean Payton will not be the head coach of the New York Jets.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’ll admit, I haven’t read the thread, so I have no idea what the consensus is here.

Let me say I have no issue with Saleh, but if the Jets can get Payton and don’t because of Saleh, that’s dumb.

Becasue like players, you can assess potential with coaches.  We know what peyton is.  If he has a top 10 all time qb in nfl history he will win 1 super bowl in 15 years.

Saleh is going to win 2 or 3 in the next 6 or 7 years.  Again, jet fans can never see the forest for the trees.  Ever.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Becasue like players, you can assess potential with coaches.  We know what peyton is.  If he has a top 10 all time qb in nfl history he will win 1 super bowl in 15 years.

Saleh is going to win 2 or 3 in the next 6 or 7 years.  Again, jet fans can never see the forest for the trees.  Ever.

200.gif

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Well thankfully, we have you leading the way Joe. ?

forest woods GIF by truTV’s Adam Ruins Everything

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans cant b!tch about Douglas anymore after this last draft.  Now they have Coach Saleh in their sights.  And when this teams kick ass this year, they will go down the list to find someone else.

This fan base is pathetic.

JD drafted Becton, yeah we can b!tch....

TYJDTY

• Upvote 1