Becton, Fant, Uzomah, and Lawson to start camp on the PUP list

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Any insight on Uzomah's injury? Didnt even realize he was hurt.

He was just in Idaho catching passes with Zach.  These guys arent hurt.  They just have had injuries and missed the offseason stuff so the staff wants to check them out in person b4 putting them out there  Its actually smart.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There is absolutely zero reason a player who suffered a 4-6 week injury in week 1 of last season should be on the PUP list to start training camp.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

Stop being a homer for 2 seconds and realize that Becton is on this list because he didn’t just “ask for it” with his actions, he caused it.

Ill be there Tuesday August 2nd.  And Becton will be out there.  But you can keep being angry because the staff wants to eyeball him and work him out before they blindly put him out there.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 2

So it's unlikely these guys are ready for Week 1 it seems. How the Jets haven't signed another tackle is alarming.

I think Fant will be ready.  He got hurt at the end of last season and is looking for security with his contract (the Jets also want him healthy in case Becton is not, so they won’t rush him).  His inclusion doesn’t shock me.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

I’m angry because a grown man being paid millions of dollars to play a game can’t stop tipping the scales at 400 lbs and missed an entire season because of it.  I’m also angry that he constantly posts videos of him streaming grand theft auto when he should be shedding weight and rehabbing.

He gamed the system. Maybe he gets another team to fall for it because of his size...but his career is effectively over barring a total come to jesus moment. You can't play football at 400lbs.

• Upvote 3

He gamed the system. Maybe he gets another team to fall for it because of his size...but his career is effectively over barring a total come to jesus moment. You can't play football at 400lbs.

You’d think having a kid would have been that for him, but I guess not since he was advertising his GTA Online server as recently as 2 days ago.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

But Matt, what do you think of Becton? You keep hemming and hawing. Just tell us. We’re here for you. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Matt39 said:

Yes, a Jets board. We chat about the Jets. 

And the myriad reasons why they contributed, and still contribute, to our use of various alcoholic concoctions, cannabis edibles, micro-dosing LSD/ketamine, as well as assorted SSRIs, anti-psychotics and benzodiazepines. 

• Upvote 4

So with Fant, Lawson, Uzomah they are just being cautious, but with Becton it's something else?  And you do realize that a player can come off PUP after a day or two or a week?  The freak out by some here over this is getting old.  I could be wrong, but if there was concern over Becton's availability for the season, there would an experienced tackle on the roster by now.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

The Jets Roster is at capacity. By putting 5 players that need maybe 1 week of conditioning or evaluation they can get more bodies in camp for try outs. Freak out in 2 weeks but for now it’s just roster management.

i believe they count still as part of the 90 so not sure what this means

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There is absolutely zero reason a player who suffered a 4-6 week injury in week 1 of last season should be on the PUP list to start training camp.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

Stop being a homer for 2 seconds and realize that Becton is on this list because he didn’t just “ask for it” with his actions, he caused it.

I'm not so sure I agree with this. Bectons injury knocked Curtis Conway out for the remaining  games in the season he sustained it, and half the following season. The Jets drastically screwed up the time table here. 

Thos also looks pretty liberal to me since Lawson and Fant are also on this list. The media was recently raving about what terrific  shape Fant was in. 

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

How the hell do you get that from this move?

I believe per the rule you have to put them on the pup prior to camp starting to be able to utilize the new pup tag during the regular season. Maybe I'm wrong, could be confusing it with IR.