Becton, Fant, Uzomah, and Lawson to start camp on the PUP list

I have been in bectons corner and feel it is best to remain so until camp opens and we see exactly where we are at.

him starting on pup is concerning and not what we want to hear but I simply do not know how big a deal that is again until camp.

what I find fascinating is there are a bunch of people in this thread who’s opinions I value and consider them to be realistic and logical. 
having said that, I am not sure there has been a player or  situation that has those individuals so divided.

at this point I am hoping for the best but confidence is certainly waiting.

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Isn’t he the dude that dislocated and tore everything in both knees at once at the old Vet?

Just dislocated both knee caps from what I recall. Got his cleats caught in the rug in Philly. He came back and played for a short time but it pretty much was a career ender for him.

5 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Just dislocated both knee caps from what I recall. Got his cleats caught in the rug in Philly. He came back and played for a short time but it pretty much was a career ender for him.

His career effectively ended on October 10, 1993, in a game against the Philadelphia Eagles. While planting his feet to catch a pass, his cleats got stuck in the Astroturf at Veterans Stadium. The force of being pulled back to the ground was so severe that it completely severed both patella tendons. Doctors later found his kneecaps had been pushed all the way into his thighs. He spent several months in a wheelchair, with his legs encased in casts from thigh to ankle.

Little bit more severe lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im sure this is just to be cautious.  These guys will get a day or 2 to be looked at, and then they will be full go.

I dont not see any of the main guys missing any meaningful time.

Thank you JD…Thank You. Your Becton draft class is amongst the worst in Jets history.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

There is absolutely zero reason a player who suffered a 4-6 week injury in week 1 of last season should be on the PUP list to start training camp.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

Stop being a homer for 2 seconds and realize that Becton is on this list because he didn’t just “ask for it” with his actions, he caused it.

Not one reason at all?????

8A7BC79E-3C2D-4FAE-B778-8A5C2345C8B4.jpeg

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

There is absolutely zero reason a player who suffered a 4-6 week injury in week 1 of last season should be on the PUP list to start training camp.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

Stop being a homer for 2 seconds and realize that Becton is on this list because he didn’t just “ask for it” with his actions, he caused it.

He's running a schtick. Don't fall for the trap.

27 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This place is just insufferable 

Jets fans are the worst fans of all the major sports.  Its embarrassing to be part of this.  When we win the super bowl in the next few years, there will be threads opened complaining that lt we didnt shut out the opponent.

The disease is real and its pathetic.

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jets fans are the worst fans of all the major sports.  Its embarrassing to be part of this.  When we win the super bowl in the next few years, there will be threads opened complaining that lt we didnt shut out the opponent.

The disease is 50 years deep and you really can't blame anyone for fanning the way they do. 

It's freaking dumbfounding to me the jets have any fans at all.... and that I'm one of them.  

16 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I guess that's what happens when your team doesn't win or even go to a Super Bowl in 53 plus years.  And doesn't even make the playoffs in the last decade.  Seems reasonable to me.

24 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Have to disagree.

jets fans are amongst the most loyal and passionate fans in all of sports.

we endure our share of disappointment to downright terrible football but come back every year with hope for a turnaround.

factor in that for the most part the org was in disarray and overall incompetent- yet we were back year after year.

what you are seeing in a lot of these threads is passion and frustration.

embarrasing- not a chance. 
beaten down and simply wanting to taste victory- absolutely

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

Have to disagree.

jets fans are amongst the most loyal and passionate fans in all of sports.

we endure our share of disappointment to downright terrible football but come back every year with hope for a turnaround.

factor in that for the most part the org was in disarray and overall incompetent- yet we were back year after year.

what you are seeing in a lot of these threads is passion and frustration.

embarrasing- not a chance. 
beaten down and simply wanting to taste victory- absolutely

To some, loyalty is burying your head in the sand and attacking anyone who watches the game with a modicum of objectivity.  It's the hallmark of guys like RayRay and JoJoTownsell and now, Joe W. Namath.

To most of us, loyalty is still showing up despite the Jets giving us just about nothing to be excited about, in-season, in over a decade.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

No better harbinger of the end of Becton's career than a RayRay defense of him.  Let's have a look at recent history, shall we?

On people being upset with Becton's performance in training camp last year:

On people thinking the team, and Becton, looked bad last offseason and that would be bad:

The Jets would finish 4-13.

On people thinking Sam Darnold was bad and wanting to move on:

On people thinking the Jets looked bad in week one and this was bad: 

The Jets would finish 2-14.

On someone saying Adam Gase was bad and an idiot:

On where the 2019 season was headed: 

and

On people who were upset about Jamal Adams over Patrick Mahommes:

So, yeah, unfortunately... Becton is pretty much headed to the glue factory.

Man,  I really try hard to not be serious... ever

I just frankly don't get trying to squash someone's hope. 

That was a lot of effort and  just seems mean. 

2 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

To some, loyalty is burying your head in the sand and attacking anyone who watches the game with a modicum of objectivity.  It's the hallmark of guys like RayRay and JoJoTownsell and now, Joe W. Namath.

To most of us, loyalty is still showing up despite the Jets giving us just about nothing to be excited about, in-season, in over a decade.

Nonsense.  This organization has given u everything u could possibley want in the last 16 months.  It might be the best ground up rebuild ive ever seen.

Stop labeling people homers because they see more then 2 feet in front of their face and understand whats going on here.

I was livid w/ the franchise under bowles and gase.  Im no homer.  I can just see the brilliance in what douglas and saleh are doing here.

Unfortunately, most fans will be kicking and screaming on our way to a super bowl.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I’ve absolutely had it with Becton.

Trade him for a bag of balls and sign Reiff.

Hes a sack of sh*t.

Called it before the 2020 draft. Fat kid pushing little guys around in minor leagues, will be 500lbs by the time hes 30.

• Upvote 2