Becton, Fant, Uzomah, and Lawson to start camp on the PUP list

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

surprised to see this from Hughes after he's been a very vocal critic of Becton.

It wouldn’t be the first time we as Jets fans had a knee-jerk reaction to a non-story (if this indeed is a non-story), that’s for sure.

But can ya blame us?  We all collectively have trust issues after the 50 years of nonsense this organization has put us all through. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Or what Jet organization would do pumping up a player they are looking to trade .   You try to put the best bow on biggest turd .     I’m just saying , as we will know pretty soon their intentions.     Does them no good to tell the rest of the league that he’s been living at all you can eat buffet the last forty days.         

Your first post ever where you didn’t mention a Raider.  I’m proud of you. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Thank God there is the enduring Ring cycle of Becton's operatic weight drama, otherwise the pre-training camp Jet Nation would be 25 page discussion on Zack's appetite for his Mom's hot gal pal.

As The World Turns,  Jets give us hours of our daily soap opera fix right through the summer.

Don’t worry.  I’m doing the Top 5 Kickers of all-time poll later today to keep things spicy.  You’re all welcome. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

Thank God there is the enduring Ring cycle of Becton's operatic weight drama, otherwise the pre-training camp Jet Nation would be 25 page discussion on Zack's appetite for his Mom's hot gal pal.

As The World Turns,  Jets give us hours of our daily soap opera fix right through the summer.

I want 25 pages on MILF's, which is why I am unhappy that Becton's weight is still a topic. It detracts from the important stuff. 

"Let's see: as a 60 something old fart, am I more excited by some gargantuan 20 something millionaire's weight struggles, or by hot prowling cougars? Hhmmm ...."  There's nothing to debate here.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It wouldn’t be the first time we as Jets fans had a knee-jerk reaction to a non-story (if this indeed is a non-story), that’s for sure.

But can ya blame us?  We all collectively have trust issues after the 50 years of nonsense this organization has put us all through. 

In a vacuum starting the season on PUP after missing OTAs isn't a big deal. I get why people have their dicks in a blender over Becton though.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

In a vacuum starting the season on PUP after missing OTAs isn't a big deal. I get why people have their dicks in a blender over Becton though.

I like what you're selling Mr. Barry YurCockinner.

I probably wouldn't say vacuum though.  There's a certain part of the MB that believes the staff gaff'ed up Becton's medical status which unfairly put him in a bad light. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bungaman said:

I want 25 pages on MILF's, which is why I am unhappy that Becton's weight is still a topic. It detracts from the important stuff. 

"Let's see: as a 60 something old fart, am I more excited by some gargantuan 20 something millionaire's weight struggles, or by hot prowling cougars? Hhmmm ...."  There's nothing to debate here.  

Bung, I am right there with you. 
20 something millionaire’s weight and pictures to support are the priority.

how could anyone prefer a 40 year old cougar that Zach is banging over that?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bungaman said:

That story was already fizzling before the Becton stuff popped up.  We'd run out of MILF jokes, amazingly.  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

This is such a terrible look for both the Jets and Becton.

JD had better have a plan B for OT's, because Becton can't be counted on and Fant is the only NFL caliber OT currently on the roster.

That's the real crap part of this unknown. 

We have to fix LB, Safety could use another body and OT needs better depth.  JD probably had enough cap to fix 2 of the 3.

If JD has to go get a starting OT there's probably only enough $ left to do that. 

I'm really pulling for Becton to be right. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Becton is 100% precautionary because they’ve barely seen him this off-season but it’s a bad look. Guy just comes across badly. I think he’ll be fine and he’s insanely talented but there’s no denying the last year has been a bad look for Mekhi

The trouble with Becton is:  we don't know if the "u" in PUP stands for unable or unwilling.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I think if we did a post count, you would win by a landslide. As for the quality fo the posts, well, that would be an entirely different matter.

Ah implying there’s something negative about posting on a messageboard… by posting on a messageboard. Haven’t seen that one in awhile but I do appreciate the classics! Thank you!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Mogglez said:

There is absolutely zero reason a player who suffered a 4-6 week injury in week 1 of last season should be on the PUP list to start training camp.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

Stop being a homer for 2 seconds and realize that Becton is on this list because he didn’t just “ask for it” with his actions, he caused it.

2037610059_giphy(7).gif.d44a89a2c71c5e226c48cd41773f7cd7.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AFJF said:

Teams literally do this every year.  

Guys who have any lingering health questions or miss offseason activities start camp on the PUP.

Yup.  Real question is how long they will stay there.  Last year, the Jets put 4 guys on PUP in July 23.

• Jonathan Marshall activated July 27
  • Ashtyn Davis activated August 30
  • Quinnen Williams activated August 16
  • Kyle Phillips activated November 17

I would hate for our two starting tackles to miss a chunk or training camp.  OL needs continuity. Hopefully the guys this year are off of it quickly and this is a non-story. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, munchmemory said:

And the myriad reasons why they contributed, and still contribute, to our use of various alcoholic concoctions, cannabis edibles, micro-dosing LSD/ketamine, as well as assorted SSRIs, anti-psychotics and benzodiazepines. 

7bc6879e-d7c9-49af-b92e-19115983c370_text.gif.52bd94e423584a1307ab9746ca1baf34.gif

19 hours ago, Mogglez said:

There is absolutely zero reason a player who suffered a 4-6 week injury in week 1 of last season should be on the PUP list to start training camp.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

Stop being a homer for 2 seconds and realize that Becton is on this list because he didn’t just “ask for it” with his actions, he caused it.

Thus the Jets caused it, too. Employee failure is ultimately a failure for/by his employer. Be it 'hiring' the employee in the first place or mismanaging him once on the job.

7 hours ago, SickJetFan said:

why wasnt Sherwood on list?

I didn't say every player.  I said it happens every year.  A lot of these guys are on the PUP for a few days.  I'm not gonna' worry on day 1.  

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Weights down, no restrictions, looks good.  Hmmmmmm who was the guy on this board thats been telling u all that?

Where in that tweet do you see "no restrictions"? One hand you post about this fan base being the worst then you read him being placed on a list that is, literally PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO PERFORM, and you read "no restrictions".

Ffs ?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Where in that tweet do you see "no restrictions"? One hand you post about this fan base being the worst then you read him being placed on a list that is, literally PHYSICALLY UNABLE TO PERFORM, and you read "no restrictions".

Ffs ?

Did u listen to what Saleh said?  I mean, come on dude.  

PUP list is a joke.  Uzomah is out in Idaho practicing for 3 days w/ the guys.  Becton has been training w/ duke and has been at the facility training hard for the last 40 days.

None of these guys are actually “Unable” to perform.

Come on jet fans.  It cant be this bad can it?

Saleh Said

no restrictions from my understanding with the knee

then talked about how he's getting his weight down and looks good. 

Reading between the lines, the restriction may be he has to weigh in at a certain amount to before he is taken off PUP. I think camp starts on the 26th which could be when the first weigh in is - just speculating obviously.