Becton, Fant, Uzomah, and Lawson to start camp on the PUP list

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

F that.  Jets fans are among the most loyal in the NFL.  We complain a lot but we have every reason to. And nothing we say or do impacts the play on the field, so we’re not a “problem”.  

Battered fan syndrome. “It must be our fault the team disappoints us.”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Zach could be the worst qb in the league next year and Douglas and Saleh would be going nowhere.  They both are generational talents and will be here for the next 15 years.  No gm in the league has had a better draft the last 2 years then Douglas.  Jet fans.  My goodness.

I agree. The idea that JD's fate rests on the shoulders of Zach Wilson is laughable. The entire team would have to be a disaster for JD to be going anywhere before the end of 2023. A team that was desperately in need of a franchise QB taking the 2nd rated QB on the board is not going to get a GM fired. With that said, the rest of the team better look like pro-bowl caliber talent for JD to grow old as the Jets GM. It at least appears that JD is 2 for 3 on draft day with the last two looking good to great.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

It's always the same rhetoric/excuse for our QBs.  Most just don't want to see that they just...well...suck at football. 

The really sad part is that we will be watching the Zach Wilson train wreck for at least the next two years.  That seems to be the trend for our QB washouts.

Yeah it’s just a cut and paste debate from the last 3 times around… on both sides, really. Of course, one side is 3-0…

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

F that.  Jets fans are among the most loyal in the NFL.  We complain a lot but we have every reason to. And nothing we say or do impacts the play on the field, so we’re not a “problem”.  

Okay, if you say so. We got ourselves some whiners and babies here, but that's to be expected. I especially like the posters who sniff out any positive or optimistic post and try to crush as quickly as possible. But it's all good. Takes all kinds to make the world go round.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Okay, if you say so. We got ourselves some whiners and babies here, but that's to be expected. I especially like the posters who sniff out any positive or optimistic post and try to crush as quickly as possible. But it's all good. Takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Angry The Little Rascals GIF

16 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

JD bet the farm on Zach, he does NOT get another chance if Zach fails.

Sure he does ... no need to remain the third world banana republic  chopping off the current guys head to get the next guy in at any sign of trouble. As much as i may enjoy the cycle of fire it doesn't lead to success. 

I get not being head over heels for Douglas  sure but the cap is clean and the quality of player has improved. There is a process at work.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Sure he does ... no need to remain the third world banana republic  chopping off the current guys head to get the next guy in at any sign of trouble. As much as i may enjoy the cycle of fire it doesn't lead to success. 

I get not being head over heels for Douglas  sure but the cap is clean and the quality of player has improved. There is a process at work.

In my mind JD doesn't get a pass, he gambled 1st round picks on very high risk players. Becton was his 1st pick and WILFs was sitting there, but no, JD the OL Guru takes Becton. So far that hasn't worked out well. Then, JD turns down SF's trade offer and instead picked Zack w/the #2OA.

The jury is still out on Zach and Becton but IF they're busts I want the guy responsible for picking them gone. NOT given another chance.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I agree. The idea that JD's fate rests on the shoulders of Zach Wilson is laughable. The entire team would have to be a disaster for JD to be going anywhere before the end of 2023. A team that was desperately in need of a franchise QB taking the 2nd rated QB on the board is not going to get a GM fired. With that said, the rest of the team better look like pro-bowl caliber talent for JD to grow old as the Jets GM. It at least appears that JD is 2 for 3 on draft day with the last two looking good to great.

Agree, JD's rope is much longer than Saleh's.

This coming year is a big one for Saleh. Wison too. Not life or death but hoping (expecting) to see major growth from both.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, AFJF said:

And he's also not a starter.  Team might be taking a more cautious route with guys who are locks to start.  Sherwood is competing for a backup spot.  Fant had a minor procedure several months ago and posted some videos online of him doing some pretty intense cardio five or six weeks ago.  Said back in April that he'd be ready for camp.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611b5393c2799136175ab

20 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

In my mind JD doesn't get a pass, he gambled 1st round picks on very high risk players. Becton was his 1st pick and WILFs was sitting there, but no, JD the OL Guru takes Becton. So far that hasn't worked out well. Then, JD turns down SF's trade offer and instead picked Zack w/the #2OA.

The jury is still out on Zach and Becton but IF they're busts I want the guy responsible for picking them gone. NOT given another chance.

Revisionist history.  Becton was the furthest thing from a "high risk" player. "WILFs" wasn't on anyone's board.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/21/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mogglez said:

There is absolutely zero reason a player who suffered a 4-6 week injury in week 1 of last season should be on the PUP list to start training camp.

None.

Zero.

Zilch.

Stop being a homer for 2 seconds and realize that Becton is on this list because he didn’t just “ask for it” with his actions, he caused it.

you would think and i agree.  i suspect there are some nfl reasons for this.  becton should be ready to go.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

OK, but negative message board posters only impact the quality of JN.  I fail to see how that impacts the Jets' franchise.  

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2022 at 11:49 AM, Lith said:

Yup.  Real question is how long they will stay there.  Last year, the Jets put 4 guys on PUP in July 23.

• Jonathan Marshall activated July 27
  • Ashtyn Davis activated August 30
  • Quinnen Williams activated August 16
  • Kyle Phillips activated November 17

I would hate for our two starting tackles to miss a chunk or training camp.  OL needs continuity. Hopefully the guys this year are off of it quickly and this is a non-story. 

And if I remember correctly some here, ahem, said the same things about Q and what was if, his foot?  He was fat, lazy, baby etc.  

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

Jets wanted a LT and Becton was that guy.  He wasn’t a reach.  Neither was ZW.  When did SF offer anything for the 2nd pick and why?  Everyone knew the Jets wanted Zach.  If anything the rumors were SF would have taken ZW but knew the Jets were taking him.  
But a better plan would be dump JD, ignore the good over picks you now don’t like and start all over again, new GM, new HC, new schemes etc.  This is how solid organizations are run.  You don’t see continuity in winning organizations like the Steelers, Ravens, Saints and Patriots.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

I’ve never seen a report where SF offered to trade to #2. That trade was announced while the Jets were at Zach’s pro day and they all seemed to be surprised about it. I think JD might’ve even questioned why they didn’t come to him with an offer. 

SF traded a ton of picks to get to #3, Jets could have gotten the same if not a better deal for #2. I recall several discussions about trading down, I believe you were in favor of trading down.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, PorP said:

Zero Victor nine,  personal trainer on site..... abort......  I say again abort...

milli vanilli fraud GIF

give me one week with that MFer and Id wip his ass into a leotard wearing, eye turnin, bikini bod shape!  Ill bring out his t!ts and make his butt BANG!

• Haha 1

Just now, SickJetFan said:

give me one week with that MFer and Id wip his ass into a leotard wearing, eye turnin, bikini bod shape!  Ill bring out his t!ts and make his butt BANG!

Too funny bro! 

A reaction alone didn't do it lol. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, PorP said:

No he is. He is a foot also from senior bowl week. Ruckert is on the NFI list. 

Don't ask me how football injury ends up on non football injury list..... I have no idea. 

Injury was not related to NFL football so it is considered a "non-football" injury.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

I mean I'll stoke the flames on the pyre while we throw them all in and we'll all enjoy the party... I'm just saying its what we do and it hasnt worked. 

I get it JD swung for the fences and may have struck out and if so that requires blood, i just don't necessarily want to throw the baby out with the bathwater if the process is showing signs of growth towards success.

• WTF? 1

15 hours ago, Big_Slick said:

SF traded a ton of picks to get to #3, Jets could have gotten the same if not a better deal for #2. I recall several discussions about trading down, I believe you were in favor of trading down.

I’m always a safe vote for trading down but, again, I’ve never seen anything anywhere that suggested that the 49ers ever approached the Jets about that trade. 

If they did trade down, what does that look like? Who’s the QB last year? Darnold? Was there a vet that was willing to come to the team? This year’s draft had no QBs, so we’re still riding with that guy or did we get some other castoff? Sucks if it turns out that Wilson sucks, but there’s a lot of solid logic behind taking the top QB on your board when you’re picking #2 overall. You have to get that QB. If you don’t draft him, you have to pay thru the nose for a Stafford or <gulp> Watson. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, slats said:

I’m always a safe vote for trading down but, again, I’ve never seen anything anywhere that suggested that the 49ers ever approached the Jets about that trade. 

That may have been due to JD making his intentions clear that he was not going to trade down.

JD fell in love w/Zach after his pro day - where Zach was nailing every pass that he'd practiced for the prior 6 weeks - but once the live bullets were firing Zach couldn't complete a 5 yard pass and finished dead last in every possible QB stat, backed up by the eye test of anyone who watched.

JD owns Zach, BigBust and he way over payed for the AVT (Interior OL taken in the top half of the 1st round - not mention the insane trade up to #14 to get the difference maker an IOL will make in terms of team wins and losses. Plus Saleh is his hand picked HC.

This is JD's make or break season.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1