Jets activate stealth black helmet

24 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

I didn't mention sales. I didn't say it was a big deal. I didn't complain about the helmet. I simply commented about him tweeting about uniform stuff as almost every time I see a tweet from him, on here, it's about uniform stuff. Which is fine as I rather that was the extent of his involvement. Keep him occupied, and feeling a part of things by making him a cheerleader where he can do little harm.

I didn’t say you said anything about sales of anything, I said that’s what I see when it comes to gear, someone promoting sales.  

But I agree, that’s my thinking.  I’d rather see him stick to marketing the team over being a part of player decisions 

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don’t necessarily care on peoples uniform takes, it’s all 100% personal preference.  That said, people cracking on the “stealth black” i do disagree on.  Not necessarily on the aesthetics of it, but stealth black or jet black is actually the only thing I can think of since I became a fan in the as a kid in the early 90s that has a remote connotation with the Nickname of the franchise.  

what does color black have to do with Jets name? What the Jets are doing here is adding black for the sake of adding black . A lot of teams are doing it right now. A lot of teams did it in the 90's too. Nothing but a cash grab.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Really sucks this kid may never wear the classic Jets uniform.

1658501454898.thumb.jpeg.ef65826799564c518f4cb2ed555fe015.jpeg

I know everyone wanted the 80s look but this is the one I was hoping they brought back, just for variety. There's always next year. NFL teams should be allowed to use as many helmets as they want. Make it throwback week at least once a year, give stuff away at the stadium.

33 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Guess no one was smart enough to mention calling it "JET BLACK" would be better than "STEALTH BLACK"

Anyways. A bottom 5 uniform set gets even worse. I swear that clip art logo has to go.

Stealth is more sophisticated. The Jet part is implicit. They did a lot wrong, but the naming is fine. Not everything needs a 2nd grade reading level.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Drums said:

I know everyone wanted the 80s look but this is the one I was hoping they brought back, just for variety. There's always next year. NFL teams should be allowed to use as many helmets as they want. Make it throwback week at least once a year, give stuff away at the stadium.

Everyone here isn’t in agreement with any of the uniforms.  Some hate, while some love each of the uniforms.  Those who feel strongest about their favorites claim everyone likes their choice.  
It’s why these threads get so many replies 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Jetworks said:

I would like these more if they just went with the logo as chrome green like the facemask. I feel the white outlining detracts from the stealth motif. Would the 'Jets' be harder to read? Yes, but that's the point. 

It's the hideous amateur logo. It's time for the Jets to embrace something that is actually stealth. No problem with the black helmet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

Guess no one was smart enough to mention calling it "JET BLACK" would be better than "STEALTH BLACK"

Anyways. A bottom 5 uniform set gets even worse. I swear that clip art logo has to go.

A Stealth is a jet.  It doesn’t need to be said. 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Current set is actually the most losing one so far. So there’s that.

conspiracy theory: Woody refuses to use throwbacks or a plane logo anything that reminds people of the Hess era

Green and White was the hess truck  -adding black (or going to the Blue uniforms during the Revis era) dilutes the team's history and Woody is hoping these new uni's plus "stealth black" redefine what it means to be a Jets fan 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Morrissey said:

what does color black have to do with Jets name? What the Jets are doing here is adding black for the sake of adding black . A lot of teams are doing it right now. A lot of teams did it in the 90's too. Nothing but a cash grab.

Stealth bombers(which are fighter Jets) are black in color, for multiple reasons.  

Jet black is also a very common idiom, although it has nothing to do planes.  But if you say the term Jet Black, most people know what you mean.

I’m well aware it’s a cash grab.  Adding in alternate uniforms of any color is a marketing and merchandising opportunity.  That’s not some big secret you are exposing.

My point is at least they are attempting to make a loose connection to their actual nickname by calling it Stealth black.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Stealth bombers(which are fighter Jets) are black in color, for multiple reasons.  

Jet black is also a very common idiom, although it has nothing to do planes.  But if you say the term Jet Black, most people know what you mean.

I’m well aware it’s a cash grab.  Adding in alternate uniforms of any color is a marketing and merchandising opportunity.  That’s not some big secret you are exposing.

My point is at least they are attempting to make a loose connection to their actual nickname by calling it Stealth black.

fun fact the Stealth bombers are not actually black 

they are kind of Dark Grey/Green 

main-qimg-9032b17c0b5fc95a7eae7d2398499a

the AF did a study on the best color for stealth and it was actually a dark purple. They didn't want purple Prince planes so they went with this "Black" which again is really more greenish 

main-qimg-49f020aa8e5fa81acddcf951a98079

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

It's ridiculous that a professional football team can be so out of step with what the fans actually want 

You want want to remember that "the fans" is a far broader demographic that the ultra-obsessed minority represented by say, the JN Forum.

I am sure that the Jets/NFL marketing Dept. did some due diligence into what "the fans", i.e. the gear-buying public, wanted from a Jets Uniform/Helmet.

• Sympathy 1