Jets activate stealth black helmet

18 hours ago, Larz said:

How can this teams throwback unis not be the SB unis ? It defies comprehension 

1C45DCD3-D661-486E-8A61-66C16DE40BF1.webp

18 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Because this ownership group does no give a sh*t about Jets history.

Please tell me you didn’t think their alternate uni was a throwback? The only throwback they did was the Titans… adding a black helmet the the alt uni is not a throwback… cmon guys ??‍♂️

They’re popular.  Fans like black uniforms.  

12-18 year old fans maybe. Those are also the ones who dominate social media and like things like new uniforms that look like they belong in a comic book. The NBA does this as well. Unfortunately the NFL will probably end up with NBA type of viewership numbers at some point if they dont start improving the game rather than ruining the uniforms like these terrible new Jets uniforms.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, RSJ said:

12-18 year old fans maybe. Those are also the ones who dominate social media and like things like new uniforms that look like they belong in a comic book. The NBA does this as well. Unfortunately the NFL will probably end up with NBA type of viewership numbers at some point if they dont start improving the game rather than ruining the uniforms like these terrible new Jets uniforms.

Not only NFL but college football likes black uniforms.  And baseball fans.  And players in both sports.  It’s not just social media kids.

A crazier take is that black uniforms led to the NBAs demise and will bring down the NFL.  Every year their popularity grows and some fan who doesn’t like a rule change or a uniform predicts it will fade away. 

• Upvote 1

Not only NFL but college football likes black uniforms.  And baseball fans.  And players in both sports.  It’s not just social media kids.
A crazier take is that black uniforms led to the NBAs demise and will bring down the NFL.  Every year their popularity grows and some fan who doesn’t like a rule change or a uniform predicts it will fade away. 

You missed the point. The NFL will lose popularity because not playing defense and having crazy offense is a gimmick that only bumps ratings for so long. Eventually it becomes not as exciting and even unwatchable. Idk how you can say changing uniforms is what fans love. Based on what? The NBAs ratings are horrible and continue to go down. They have been doing this for years and the rating have been falling for years.

34 minutes ago, RSJ said:

in all seriousness calling it"stealth black" is incredibly corny. The Jets marketing is beyond cringe.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, RSJ said:

You missed the point. The NFL will lose popularity because not playing defense and having crazy offense is a gimmick that only bumps ratings for so long. Eventually it becomes not as exciting and even unwatchable. Idk how you can say changing uniforms is what fans love. Based on what? The NBAs ratings are horrible and continue to go down. They have been doing this for years and the rating have been falling for years.

Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft own stakes in Draft Kings, there is no way crazy offense and scoring is going to go away. 

The NFL is in business to make money, if teams lose money by changing uniforms then they won't do it. 

image.png.28e41b55e504fb3cbaf0777dde68d37d.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

in all seriousness calling it"stealth black" is incredibly corny. The Jets marketing is beyond cringe.

I was really hoping for a F16 style grey rather than the black unis but I think they are fine. The weird arrows on the sleeves bother me more than the colors.

• Upvote 3

That helmet looks amazing. Loving the stealth black.

In terms of throwbacks, I like the Titans uniforms mostly because it’s obvious it’s a throwback. ? It gives a “who the hell is playing vibe”.

Our current standard uniforms are ok. I like the last ones we had a little better.

• Sympathy 1

I was just about to post the same thing.  Embrace the military side of our name.  
I'd love to go A-10 Thunderbolt and get a shark faced helmet logo. 

image.thumb.png.ceb153a8b4d2b979c189ccd162571702.png

Air Force did a versionimage.thumb.jpeg.2241d92082db189eef0e0d074d15b7b9.jpeg

I'd prefer alternate nose art ...

eddbf7eb3f054ecb8763bf03cbec37b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

fb5f761528345cfd8f9786fdf3032887.jpg
189afc9882a0f282f3bd637b9a5975e3.jpg
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

And I’d bet the house it’s working or they’d be on something else.  
I always find these threads interesting in that fans come on and basically say that their favorite is the best, all other options suck and the reasons for change are stupid when they haven’t gotten what they were hoping for.  

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Sunday Ticket is going from a $2N deal to an asking price that started at over $4B.  TV is going up big time this year and has new providers like Amazon lining up to air games.  Attendance is at its peak.  But the sky is falling call still comes out periodically

I always find these threads interesting in that fans come on and basically say that their favorite is the best, all other options suck and the reasons for change are stupid when they haven’t gotten what they were hoping for.  
I think stealth black is 'fine'.

I work for a major advert agencies on many brands... my bigger question is what is the end game ? The Jets never seem to have a laser focused strategy in their marketing ... unless this is leading somewhere it smells like a cheap pop up shop cash grab.

Again its 'safe' and 'fine'.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I think stealth black is 'fine'. I work for a major advert company on many brands... my bigger question is what is the end game ? The jets never seem to have that focus in marketing ... unless this is leading somewhere it smells like a cheap pop up shop cash grab.

Well then the real question is what’s the leagues trend to new uninformed then.  The Steelers, a fame franchise has a black uni, 49rs etc.   The list goes on and on with black uniforms, a special occasion uniform and who hasn’t tweaked their look or changed it completely.  It’s not a Jets thing.  

Well then the real question is what’s the leagues trend to new uninformed then.  The Steelers, a fame franchise has a black uni, 49rs etc.   The list goes on and on with black uniforms, a special occasion uniform and who hasn’t tweaked their look or changed it completely.  It’s not a Jets thing.  
Rule one. .. the trend will never get you a home run. Basically that mindset is for coat tail riding.

• Upvote 1

Sunday Ticket is going from a $2N deal to an asking price that started at over $4B.  TV is going up big time this year and has new providers like Amazon lining up to air games.  Attendance is at its peak.  But the sky is falling call still comes out periodically

Everything is going up big time. Its called inflation.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Stealth black sounds like an advertisement for a great adventure ride not a football team. Just call it the black helmet. It’s dumb.

I don't hate the alternates. I don't despise the regular uniform and the horrendous color combinations. I root for the laundry, even when it looks like ours. When we start winning, we will embrace these abominations. I prefer the classic Namath uniforms, but wrestling, football and sports are for young people. We can tag along but we are old men (At least many of us are) watching kids play. This is a young person's uniform, and THAT is ok. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

It makes sense for a team called The Jets to use a term that is associated with another type of aircraft. I don't find it corny and cringe at all. We root for a team with a commercial airliner in the original logo. How does a Jet even play football? It doesn't have arms or legs.

I don't hate the alternates. I don't despise the regular uniform and the horrendous color combinations. I root for the laundry, even when it looks like ours. When we start winning, we will embrace these abominations. I prefer the classic Namath uniforms, but wrestling, football and sports are for young people. We can tag along but we are old men (At least many of us are) watching kids play. This is a young person's uniform, and THAT is ok. 
I'm with u cept the team colors are white and green ... not black and green ... but whatever... I like black unis too... just go full out and change the colors.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

I'm with u cept the team colors are white and green ... not black and green ... but whatever... I like black unis too... just go full out and change the colors.

It seems that the colors are now white, green, and black. The black became an unofficial color when they deviated from the all black "alternative" jersey. I don't care if they change the colors to purple, taupe, turquoise and brown if this team plays well. 

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Stealth black sounds like an advertisement for a great adventure ride not a football team. Just call it the black helmet. It’s dumb.

When you get your team I’m sure all these complaints will lead to success.  
Calling their black coloring strath black really shouldn’t bother anyone as much as the complainers would have you believe.  

Sunday Ticket isn’t going from 2B to 4+B due to inflation.  

The deal isnt done as far as I know. Its also not an apples to apples comparison with the old deal. It possibly includes a stake in NFL media and many other things. Year over year inflation is 9%. Which means they need to grow revenue by 9% just to break even. Thats net income. All of these sports will be using gimmicky things like this in order to accomplish this. Its not an easy thing to get 20% increase in margins to keep up with forecasts idc what business you are in.

They look great and will sell like crazy. Sorry to all the grumpy fans who want to be mad about it ?

also for those who make fun of people talking about jerseys… cmon… we hang them on our walls and wear them with pride… the all time greats jerseys even get retired… but you act like you are too cool to talk about them… ??‍♂️