Jets activate stealth black helmet

Matt39

2 hours ago, RSJ said:

The deal isnt done as far as I know. Its also not an apples to apples comparison with the old deal. It possibly includes a stake in NFL media and many other things. Year over year inflation is 9%. Which means they need to grow revenue by 9% just to break even. Thats net income. All of these sports will be using gimmicky things like this in order to accomplish this. Its not an easy thing to get 20% increase in margins to keep up with forecasts idc what business you are in.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Inflation hasn’t been 9% 

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

It could be way worse

I just came here to post something like this, one thing you should not be doing is making a helmet that looks like it belongs to an existing team  (Browns or bengals)  Orange helmet looks gross.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2022 at 11:19 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I don't hate the alternates. I don't despise the regular uniform and the horrendous color combinations. I root for the laundry, even when it looks like ours. When we start winning, we will embrace these abominations. I prefer the classic Namath uniforms, but wrestling, football and sports are for young people. We can tag along but we are old men (At least many of us are) watching kids play. This is a young person's uniform, and THAT is ok. 

All of my friends, who are 25-30, love the new uniform combos.  I understand why the older generation isn’t a fan, but what they don’t seem to get is that these uniforms aren’t designed for them.  Personally, I like the new look, but as a more “hardcore fan” I think they could have been better (see the two examples I posted on page 1).  That all being said, a lot of the negative feelings about them right now has to do with our performance in them to date.  If these are the uniforms we wear when we finally turn this ship around, you will probably see people love them the same way Sack Exchange uniforms are loved, years down the road, when they are inevitably changed again.  Honestly, these particular combinations look really nice when you take the “losing” out of your mind when looking at them:

484488EB-1240-4515-999F-6115C1AE8277.thumb.jpeg.787cd932617e297d6f613ed7a13a979f.jpeg

0C816AE4-F0C8-4CC2-BCD6-CCAA9565BF46.thumb.jpeg.6d9e23097b20fde79e91e289efb6c7ae.jpeg

25E1637F-C12E-45EA-BF78-77F809F58B67.thumb.jpeg.5435aa31abbe74edcb284b4fd0a54f3b.jpeg

BDAD255F-5379-4022-A5CC-87272E0E774C.thumb.jpeg.58167207b71447705598bc2949c8eeee.jpeg

and now:

015BEDFB-C587-442B-A997-EF1F14DF3B50.thumb.jpeg.8e2fdbbf76809075222b3f87a2f239c1.jpeg

I can’t get behind the white top - green bottoms though.  Those are just bad, lol.

• Upvote 1

On 7/22/2022 at 8:55 AM, Matt39 said:

@Mogglez we getting throwbacks or some fugazi black helmet?

Of course the Jets choose the fugazi option.

On 7/22/2022 at 9:12 AM, Klecko73isGod said:

I think they look pretty bad ass.

I think they look like ass.

20 hours ago, Mogglez said:

All of my friends, who are 25-30, love the new uniform combos.  I understand why the older generation isn’t a fan, but what they don’t seem to get is that these uniforms aren’t designed for them.  Personally, I like the new look, but as a more “hardcore fan” I think they could have been better (see the two examples I posted on page 1).  That all being said, a lot of the negative feelings about them right now has to do with our performance in them to date.  If these are the uniforms we wear when we finally turn this ship around, you will probably see people love them the same way Sack Exchange uniforms are loved, years down the road, when they are inevitably changed again.  Honestly, these particular combinations look really nice when you take the “losing” out of your mind when looking at them:

484488EB-1240-4515-999F-6115C1AE8277.thumb.jpeg.787cd932617e297d6f613ed7a13a979f.jpeg

0C816AE4-F0C8-4CC2-BCD6-CCAA9565BF46.thumb.jpeg.6d9e23097b20fde79e91e289efb6c7ae.jpeg

25E1637F-C12E-45EA-BF78-77F809F58B67.thumb.jpeg.5435aa31abbe74edcb284b4fd0a54f3b.jpeg

BDAD255F-5379-4022-A5CC-87272E0E774C.thumb.jpeg.58167207b71447705598bc2949c8eeee.jpeg

and now:

015BEDFB-C587-442B-A997-EF1F14DF3B50.thumb.jpeg.8e2fdbbf76809075222b3f87a2f239c1.jpeg

I can’t get behind the white top - green bottoms though.  Those are just bad, lol.

Regardless it’s a bottom 3-5 uniform all around. Jets, Commanders, Cardinals, Falcons, Broncos. Atlanta at least has a sweet throwback 

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Regardless it’s a bottom 3-5 uniform all around. Jets, Commanders, Cardinals, Falcons, Broncos. Atlanta at least has a sweet throwback 

To some, yes.  Especially to those outside of my age range.  Personally, as someone who is still in that 25-30 demographic, I’d put them at the lower end of “middle of the pack”.  The Tennessee Titans have the worst uniform in the league, hands down, and I think the new Jets uniforms are the best of the bunch that you listed above, even if they aren’t spectacular.  I would also put the Texans, Lions, Seahawks, Jaguars, and Rams below the new ones as well.  Quite frankly, I’m not a fan of the Bears uniforms either, and I know the “classics above all the others” crowd won’t like hearing that, but the color scheme is horrendous.  

I’d probably put these uniforms right around the Ravens and Eagles in ranking.  Now if we were in the Reebok days, when the shade of green wasn’t “baby sh*t green”, I would have said our old ‘fits were a top 5, maybe top 3 uniform.  Since the move to Nike?  Awful, bland, & dated.

5 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Quite frankly, I’m not a fan of the Bears uniforms either, and I know the “classics above all the others” crowd won’t like hearing that, but the color scheme is horrendous.  

You're out off your f*cking mind. There's a reason that uniform hasn't been touched (until now, because Nike can't leave anything alone). It's timeless. It's menacing. It's intimidating. It portrays that team and their history perfectly.

Also, blue and orange are supplementary colors. They go together extremely well.

urlacher_1920_bears.jpg

• Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, sourceworx said:

You're out off your f*cking mind. There's a reason that uniform hasn't been touched (until now, because Nike can't leave anything alone). It's timeless. It's menacing. It's intimidating. It portrays that team and their history perfectly.

Also, blue and orange are supplementary colors. They go together extremely well.

urlacher_1920_bears.jpg

Winning and losing changes the complexion of a uniform…

On 7/22/2022 at 11:29 PM, Jet Nut said:

They’re popular.  Fans like black uniforms.  

Silver and black are Raider colors though.  The green and white Jets wearing black is a cheap ploy.  And, yes, I know we've had some black in our uni's before.  But we're still green and white. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Silver and black are Raider colors though.  The green and white Jets wearing black is a cheap ploy.  And, yes, I know we've had some black in our uni's before.  But we're still green and white. 

Agree. The Jets wore a "white out" variant uniform a few times during the Todd Bowles years that I thought were amazing. If they wanted to be unique, they could have done an alternate uniform along those lines instead of black like everyone else is doing.

s-l500.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, slats said:

Going black was so clever and creative. Luckily no one else thought of it. 

9EF71CF1-4ADD-4251-8E4B-E17618FF09FE.webp

The NFL has been morphing into the Arena League for years.  Now they're starting to look the part!

Agree. The Jets wore a "white out" variant uniform a few times during the Todd Bowles years that I thought were amazing. If they wanted to be unique, they could have done an alternate uniform along those lines instead of black like everyone else is doing.

s-l500.jpg.fd6eec05686eb92edec6d211a06e2db3.jpg
.... This ....

Shane was cooler than Jack Palance (even though palance was cool)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Black is not our color. Adding the color black to uniforms that never had it (like the Jets) went out in the 1990s with Zubaz pants and gansta rap. Typical of the Jets to bring it back. My god, we had our best years as a franchise either using or honoring our original Jets (Joe Namath) uniforms. Just bring it back already because most fans loved them and they were considered one of the best uniforms in all of sports. What we have now is absolute garbage.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

And we’re still green and white.  Lots of teams have alternate uniforms in all of the major sports.  The Mets, Knicks, Rangers, Islanders, Nets and Devils have one.  
We go through this exercise every year as if some don’t know what our colors are.  

7 hours ago, sourceworx said:

urlacher_1920_bears.jpg

They’re boring as sh*t, lmfao.

Not really sure what about gross dull blue with orange stripes and a “C” on our heads, portrays “Chicago Bears” but whatever, lol.

13 hours ago, Mogglez said:

To some, yes.  Especially to those outside of my age range.  Personally, as someone who is still in that 25-30 demographic, I’d put them at the lower end of “middle of the pack”.  The Tennessee Titans have the worst uniform in the league, hands down, and I think the new Jets uniforms are the best of the bunch that you listed above, even if they aren’t spectacular.  I would also put the Texans, Lions, Seahawks, Jaguars, and Rams below the new ones as well.  Quite frankly, I’m not a fan of the Bears uniforms either, and I know the “classics above all the others” crowd won’t like hearing that, but the color scheme is horrendous.  

I’d probably put these uniforms right around the Ravens and Eagles in ranking.  Now if we were in the Reebok days, when the shade of green wasn’t “baby sh*t green”, I would have said our old ‘fits were a top 5, maybe top 3 uniform.  Since the move to Nike?  Awful, bland, & dated.

Forgot about the Titans. Those are awful.

the Bears have one of the best sets in the league imo.

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not really sure what about gross dull blue with orange stripes and a “C” on our heads, portrays “Chicago Bears” but whatever, lol.

^ Part of a generation who saw a Tears for Fears mullet and said "Let's bring that back!"

19400cca7bb9a9186d0022c0605ed4bd.jpg

• Haha 2

The Bears unis used to say ... we dont need a stinking glitzy set of threads to smash your fashion oriented pansy ass into the ground repeatedly and with force. Prepare to meet you maker.

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The Bears unis used to say ... we dont need a stinking glitzy set of threads to smash your fashion oriented pansy ass into the ground repeatedly and with force. Prepare to meet you maker.

Players feared this guy because he tried to make your body the same color as his shirt.

The Bears uniform is phenomenal.

iodofb4kw5cfakqq53ly.jpeg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Forgot about the Titans. Those are awful.

the Bears have one of the best sets in the league imo.

29 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

29 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Absolutely. It's right up there with the Colts' uniform.

Fair enough; it’s just not my cup of tea fellas.  I’m more of a KC Chiefs, our old uniforms (Reebok Era), Powder Blue Chargers, old school Royal Blue Rams, and Powder Blue Houston Oilers, kinda guy.

• Like 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Fair enough; it’s just not my cup of tea fellas.  I’m more of a KC Chiefs, our old uniforms (Reebok Era), Powder Blue Chargers, old school Royal Blue Rams, and Powder Blue Houston Oilers, kinda guy.

The powder blue Chargers uniform are the best of the best. I'm with you on that one 

• Like 1