Mahomes - the anti-Revis.

What a great and realistic, unselfish attitude .  I wish some other athletes would read this and follow it.  If you were happy with the contract when you signed it and you have the basic understanding that eventually somebody is going to get a bigger contract than you, accept it as inevitable.  Play to win games and titles rather than constantly trying to top the biggest contract, hurting your team and everybody else along the way.  Revis never ever understood this concept and that is why I lost all respect for him.  Instead of trying to beat Asomugha, he should have tried harder to beat the Pats.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34281729/kansas-city-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-fine-no-longer-being-highest-paid-qb-knew-signed-deal-set-life

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

What a great and realistic, unselfish attitude .  I wish some other athletes would read this and follow it.  If you were happy with the contract when you signed it and you have the basic understanding that eventually somebody is going to get a bigger contract than you, accept it as inevitable.  Play to win games and titles rather than constantly trying to top the biggest contract, hurting your team and everybody else along the way.  Revis never ever understood this concept and that is why I lost all respect for him.  Instead of trying to beat Asomugha, he should have tried harder to beat the Pats.  
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34281729/kansas-city-chiefs-patrick-mahomes-fine-no-longer-being-highest-paid-qb-knew-signed-deal-set-life
Are you ******* kidding ??? You cannot compare Malhomes gifted contract to Revis' salary. The $$$ and team cap percentage are not close.

A better comparrison would be Malholmes' and Watson's comedic contracts to that of the Goat Brady ... who was never the league's highest paid.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Over the course of his career Revis earned $85 million. Mahommes has a 10 year $450 million contract.

It is a different era. You can't compare how much a CB was paid in 2010 to what a QB will be paid in 2022.  That's apples and. bananas.  The issue with Revis is that he always - year after year after year - had to be the highest paid CB in the NFL.  The hold out in 2010 was based solely on his demand to be paid more money than a ridiculous contract Al Davis game Asomugha.  And after Revis signed the contract in 2010, he was unhappy a year or two later when he was no longer the highest paid CB in the NFL again. The present day analogy to Revis would be for Mahomes to hold out because Watson got this ridiculous contract and Mahomes wanting to be paid more because he is "better." 

• Upvote 3

In this sport players have a limited time to earn generations of financial security for their families.  Good GMs know how to keep Great players and still field good teams, until now we haven’t had a good GM. Look how long the Rams have had Donald and Ramsey, they keep the dominant players and fill in the blanks with good lesser paid players and seasoned vets on short term deals. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Over the course of his career Revis earned $85 million. Mahommes has a 10 year $450 million contract.

Over the course of his NFL career, Joe Montana earned $25.5 million.  Revis earned $85 million.  Jim Brown, who is considered the greatest NFL player ever earned $400,000 in his career. See how that works when you go back in time to different  eras ????

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Big of Mahomes to be ok with $45M per for 10 years.  LOL
And makes no sense to compare Revis at $20M per

• Sympathy 2

10 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Over the course of his NFL career, Joe Montana earned $25.5 million.  Revis earned $85 million.  Jim Brown, who is considered the greatest NFL player ever earned $400,000 in his career. See how that works when you go back in time to different  eras ????

WHat does any of this have to do with Revis making $20 per 6 years ago, less with his second contract with the Jets?  It doesn’t work

• WTF? 1

WHat does any of this have to do with Revis making $20 per 6 years ago, less with his second Jets?  It doesn’t work
This thread doesnt work ...

Revis is a likely HOF player that will go in as a Jet ....

Get on board.

/thread
/lock
/dump

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

This thread doesnt work ...

Revis is a likely HOF player that will go in as a Jet ....

Get on board.

/thread
/lock
/dump

I guess the point was too nuanced for this board.  Revis held out repeatedly not because he was "underpaid" but because he always had to be the highest paid CB in the NFL.  He was well paid throughout his career. But every time his existing contract was surpassed by another CB, it was time to renegotiate.  Mahomes is not doing the same thing.  If Revis were Mahomes, he would be holding out for a contract bigger than Watson's.  If you all don't get it, never mind. I'll just go back and reread the "most hated Jets" thread where he is in the top 5 for just this reason.  

I guess the point was too nuanced for this board.  Revis held out repeatedly not because he was "underpaid" but because he always had to be the highest paid CB in the NFL.  He was well paid throughout his career. But every time his existing contract was surpassed by another CB, it was time to renegotiate.  Mahomes is not doing the same thing.  If Revis were Mahomes, he would be holding out for a contract bigger than Watson's.  If you all don't get it, never mind. I'll just go back and reread the "most hated Jets" thread where he is in the top 5 for just this reason.  
I guess first you need to remind me of his last 10 year 450 million dollar contract.

No offense .. the thread just doesnt work.

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This.

Totally different scale of money and different projections for career longevity. You really can’t compare the situations at all, although I do respect Mahomes mindset.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Also he was getting paid under the table.  TB12 was part of the scam too.  

I’m convinced when it’s all said and done and Brady is retired, Pats will wait a year then sign TB to a lucrative “lifetime services contract” as team ambassador or something with a big show about how they mended fences from his departure to the Bucs. I think it’s been pre-arranged for years. A final cherry on the Brady-era cheat sundae.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Mahomes signed the stupidest contract in the league. Rather than praise him, I’d be concerned that he’s an easily manipulated idiot. He’s basically on a series of rolling two year deals at the team’s discretion with no leverage in the form of guaranteed money, and he’s under contract until he’s 36. 

• WTF? 1

I’m convinced when it’s all said and done and Brady is retired, Pats will wait a year then sign TB to a lucrative “lifetime services contract” as team ambassador or something with a big show about how they mended fences from his departure to the Bucs. I think it’s been pre-arranged for years. A final cherry on the Brady-era cheat sundae.
This would be awesome especially if the TB12 brand is given exclusive rights in their strength and conditioning program.

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Are you ******* kidding ??? You cannot compare Malhomes gifted contract to Revis' salary. The $$$ and team cap percentage are not close.

A better comparrison would be Malholmes' and Watson's comedic contracts to that of the Goat Brady ... who was never the league's highest paid.

You had a point till the Brady comment.  I absolutely cant stand when I hear this nonsense about Brady taking a discount.  Such bull sh*t.  The **** he did.   One of the many ways, that we are aware of how the Pats cheated throughout their entire *****dynasty***** was circumventing the cap w/ TB12.  Tom Brady as an Enterprise was making way more than other QB in the NFL from the Cheatriots. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

You had a point till the Brady comment.  I absolutely cant stand when I hear this nonsense about Brady taking a discount.  Such bull sh*t.  The **** he did.   One of the many ways, that we are aware of how the Pats cheated throughout their entire *****dynasty***** was circumventing the cap w/ TB12.  Tom Brady as an Enterprise was making way more than other QB in the NFL from the Cheatriots. 
I admit I added that as a stickler

Mahomes grew up with money, that matters. We are a product of our upbringing and environment...when you grow up with money, you know what you can and can't do with it. As others have also mentioned, the dollar amounts on these deals are not even in the same discussion.

• Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I find Maholmes much more smackable than Revis. Maybe it's the pom pom hairdo ... who knows? Oh yeah ... and while we're at it ... these unis ... way better brah. emoji23.png

29b75e2eef1bc0126631ced52ecf65c0.jpg

777b5f2b1d69fe4b2a264c0a160fe2da.jpg

Mahomes Kermit voice annoys me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Lol people in this thread…

”Revis only made $85 million!  He wasn’t set for life like Mahomes is!”

Literally no one said this.  The point of the post was Mahomes is cool with being passed as the highest paid QB.  While being under a 45M per/450M deal

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Literally no one said this.  The point of the post was Mahomes is cool with being passed as the highest paid QB.  While being under a 45M per/450M deal

“Literally” the first 2 posts after OP are comparing Mahomes’ $$ amount to Revis’.  This insinuates Revis’ mindest “cannot” be compared to Mahomes’ because of how much less $$ he made.

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That contract is going to be renegotiated many times between now and Mahomes retiring/leaving the chiefs. It’s basically designed to be.