Former Titans OT Kendall Lamm visit Jets (Twitter)

8 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Havent heard of him but that doesnt mean he isnt good. Anyone have some first hand info on him? 

I haven't heard of him either and that also doesn't mean he's not good....

But if there are no typos and he really allowed 2 sacks in 87 snaps... that is not great. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Extremely underwhelming but in line with leave no stone unturned philosophy.

Hoping it’s more of a message to Riley Reiff that we aren’t just sitting back and waiting.  

However, we cannot leave our season’s success to the hope that Becton and Fant will both get and remain healthy.  If this is truly the backup plan, then I’m concerned.

• Upvote 1

Vet swing tackle with some starting experience.  Strikes me as the kind of guy you want in camp as a floor in case of injuries or Mitchell absolutely sucking.  Could be a likely upgrade over McDermott or Edoga and they are both FA for 2023 anyway.  Same age as McDermott and has more experience than either. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Vet swing tackle with some starting experience.  Strikes me as the kind of guy you want in camp as a floor in case of injuries or Mitchell absolutely sucking.  Could be a likely upgrade over McDermott or Edoga and they are both FA for 2023 anyway.  Same age as McDermott and has more experience than either. 

Seems about right.  Not much different than a McDermott or Edoga.  Guys you'd be okay seeing play a couple quarters or maybe filling in for one game throughout the season but not the type of guys you'd want starting a bunch of games like a Morgan Moses.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PorP said:

I haven't heard of him either and that also doesn't mean he's not good....

But if there are no typos and he really allowed 2 sacks in 87 snaps... that is not great. 

LOL  That was my thought as well. There is a reason he's out there unsigned. Sounds like a revolving door. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Can’t say I heard of Fant before last year either.,

Exactly. Joe D definitly gets the benefit of the doubt after seeing player successes under his watch who were unheard of, undrafted, cut, and all of the above like Berrios, JFM, Fant, Huff, and Quincey Williams

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Drums said:

My hope is that the line is strong enough to manage one backup coming in for a small amount of time but I still think we need a starting level backup like Moses last year. We got quite lucky with him though. 

If there is a position I would be ok with JD spending a little more it would be here. Rile Reiff would be better in the case of multiple week injury to either T

FWIW, I knew plenty about Fant before he signed here.  I knew this guy's name, but nothing else about him.  I probably would not have been able to tell you his position.  All Sun Belt Conference the same time as Elijah McGuire. 

Most of you probably remember this: 

He is your typical cap casualty.  He was getting solid money to ride the bench.  No shame in being the swing tackle for the Titans and Browns.  Houston was 11-5 the year he started.  I am pretty sure that they still have an outstanding offer to Reiff, but this guy is a vet with experience.  He is also only coming in for a visit.  They didn't even sign him yet. 

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Havent heard of him but that doesnt mean he isnt good. Anyone have some first hand info on him? 

He started at RT for the Texans in 2018 (13 starts) and did pretty well (about average or a little above average). 

He's appeared in 31 games since for Cleveland and Tennessee but only started 4 of those.  

• Upvote 1