Tyreek Hill: Why he chose Tua over Zach Wilson

Bronx

He chose Miami because that's where he wanted to live. 

But just for fun, it will be interesting to see how well his statement, that Tua is the most accurate QB in the NFL, ages over time.

- Tua ranked 7th in completion percentage in 2021

- Tua threw 16 TDs and 10 interceptions in 2021

- Tua's passer rating was 18th best in 2021

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, CapeCoralJetFan said:

I think he did it mostly for the money. There is NO state tax in Florida & the real estate taxes in the New York & New Jersey area are a lot higher.  (I used to live in NJ & now I live in Florida.)

And "yes" I think he used the Jets to drive up the price.

We don't need him.

But I also don’t mind JD drove up the price the Fish had to pay lol 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

He wanted Miami and needed someone to push the offer higher.  Now he wants to back his QB.  

I’m so glad we have camp reports in 2 days lol.  

He wants to make sure that everyone gives him credit if it goes well or he wants everyone to know it's not his fault if it doesn't. 

• Upvote 1

If he had any 'choice' at all it was whether to pay state income taxes or not. 

Option 1: Sh*tty team with a questionable QB and no state income tax.

Option 2: Sh*tty team with a questionable QB in the biggest market but you have to pay state income tax.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Option 2: Sh*tty team with a questionable QB in the biggest market but you have to pay state income tax.

Tua completes at a 67 percent rate 

Wilson completes at 55 percent 

One of these qbs is more questionable than the other 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Plus didn't he own a home in Florida?  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Tyreek is a great player but an absolute scvmbag of a human being.  Glad he's not here.  Didn't want him in the first place.  

Agreed, the line has to be drawn someplace and what that scumbag did to his own child can't be ignored just because he can score TDs.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Isn't it great seeing our fans say they are happy the most dynamic WR in the league is playing for a rival and not us. I'm sure Fin fans are really upset he is on their team. 

Id take the potential of Garrett Wilson over an aging speed receiver with tons of mileage who has a checkered history.

Jets won in this case my friend.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Id take the potential of Garrett Wilson over an aging speed receiver with tons of mileage who has a checkered history.

Jets won in this case my friend.

When Wilson puts up numbers like Hill does who is in his prime btw, I'll agree with that. I think Wilson has a good ceiling and will be a good player but I see a player closer to someone like Sanders, not Hill. Wilson doesn't have anything Close to Hills speed. 

22 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

When Wilson puts up numbers like Hill does who is in his prime btw, I'll agree with that. I think Wilson has a good ceiling and will be a good player but I see a player closer to someone like Sanders, not Hill. Wilson doesn't have anything Close to Hills speed. 

Being a WR is more than just being a 10/th of a second faster in the 40.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Tua completes at a 67 percent rate 

Wilson completes at 55 percent 

One of these qbs is more questionable than the other 

Tua has no arm, Wilson has a + arm.  Tua has been questionable with quality WRs around him, Wilson has had a partial season with little around him or with his WRs injured for large chunks of time.  Completion % is affected by having receivers who actually can get open and then catch the ball.

Both are unproven.  

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Tua has no arm, Wilson has a + arm.  Tua has been questionable with quality WRs around him, Wilson has had a partial season with little around him or with his WRs injured for large chunks of time.  
Both are unproven.  

Seriously? You don't think Tua is ahead  in development?

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, what are you trying to say here? That Wilson doesn't have to be fast? This is in response to someone saying Wilson's potential  is greater than Hill's. 

No I’m saying something very simple.  Wilson is fast, more than fast enough at 4.3.  If Hill is the better WR, then Hill is better but it’s because of a hell of a lot more than just his straight line 40 time.  
The response was to your comment that, word for word “Wilson doesn't have anything Close to Hills speed.”  

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Seriously? You don't think Tua is ahead  in development?

Based on what, dinking and dunking to a group of quality WRs?  People are more concerned with Tuas outlook right now.  Tuas at a make or break year and the fish already tried to replace him

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Based on what, dinking and dunking to a group of quality WRs?  People are more concerned with Tuas outlook right now.  Tuas at a make or break year and the fish already tried to replace him

Well, since you brought up dinking and dunking, at least he wasn't  throwing those passes into the ground. Wilson also showed questionable accuracy on long passes throwing WR's out of bounds. I think this season Zach will correct some of this stuff but I don't  think there is any question Tua's development  is ahead of Zach. If you want to say Zach has the higher ceiling, that I fully agree with but given the choice of 2021 Wilson or Tua, nobody should be taking Zach ahead of Tua. 

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Well, since you brought up dinking and dunking, at least he wasn't  throwing those passes into the ground. Wilson also showed questionable accuracy on long passes throwing WR's out of bounds. I think this season Zach will correct some of this stuff but I don't  think there is any question Tua's development  is ahead of Zach. If you want to say Zach has the higher ceiling, that I fully agree with but given the choice of 2021 Wilson or Tua, nobody should be taking Zach ahead of Tua. 

If you’re talking one season, today Tua gets picked by most.  He’s more experienced.  If you’re talking long term, physical ability and upside, Wilson gets the nod.

41 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

No I’m saying something very simple.  Wilson is fast, more than fast enough at 4.3.  If Hill is the better WR, then Hill is better but it’s because of a hell of a lot more than just his straight line 40 time.  
The response was to your comment that, word for word “Wilson doesn't have anything Close to Hills speed.”  

What makes Hill so good is his ability  to make a cut and flat out burn. Nobody runs this guy down. Wilson doesn't  have that kind of ability therfore Wilson most likely won't  be the kind of WR that can score from anywhere as Hill is. That is what I was implying