NFL head coaches and general managers don’t think much of Zach Wilson

Facts

11 hours ago, Facts said:

He’s ranked 28th. Behind David freaking Mills. The headline is spot on.

Edit: I honestly didn’t know there was a quote (I got this from another forum), so I apologize if there is some asterisk or something to this article that I cant see since I don’t subscribe to The Athletic.

So, the original article is actually titled (and you can see it without an Athletic 'subscription'):

" NFL Quarterback Tiers 2022: Allen, Herbert and Burrow Make Tier 1 Debuts"

and, you title/headline your thread:

"NFL head coaches and general managers don’t think much of Zach Wilson"

Editorialize much?  There were actually commendatory comments about Wilson's 'talents' and lack of a team around him in the article.

Pretty sure Josh Allen would have been similarly rated after his rookie season...just sayin'.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I'm talking about his postseason performances only (in response to your comment):

His regular season performances is proof that those playoff wins are of little credit to him.  Larger sample size and what-not.  Those teams were monumentally stacked, and everybody showed up in a big way in the postseason.

And while, yes, I'll of course concede that Sanchez's playoff performances were better than his regular season ones, that isn't saying much.  And even then, only like 2 of his 6 playoff games were competent efforts.  The others were either bad or godawful.  Like the Steeler game where he produced negative 7 offensive points in the 1st half, and only salvaged things at all in the 2nd half because Pittsburgh was in full-on prevent D mode.  

F**k Sanchez.  

12 hours ago, Facts said:

He’s ranked 28th. Behind David freaking Mills. The headline is spot on.

Edit: I honestly didn’t know there was a quote (I got this from another forum), so I apologize if there is some asterisk or something to this article that I cant see since I don’t subscribe to The Athletic.

Davis* Mills isn't the trash you think he is.

bc80f2f4671fc690da0a456cfdbcd020.jpg.8e4b8010a58f024677dea8926c9d2c54.jpg

Mills had the highest passer rating on deep throws of 20-plus yards with a grade of 120.3.

11 hours ago, PorP said:

No surprise here.  Where he should be for how he played last year. 

Lots to prove this year and hopefully a lot better ranking next year. 

7 hours ago, PorP said:

And a higher playoff QBR than almost all jet QB's that have made the playoffs

Nobody here has abused the repping system more than @Skeptable. He rarely posts, but loves to downvote posts for no reason. 
He’s been called out for it numerous times, but he feigns innocence then continues doing it again with no repercussions.

I have no dog in this fight, but tell me @Skeptable, how do you justify downvoting these two posts by @PorP? You add nothing positive to the board, why not do everyone a favor? Leave and take your reactions with you.

19 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

So, the original article is actually titled (and you can see it without an Athletic 'subscription'):

" NFL Quarterback Tiers 2022: Allen, Herbert and Burrow Make Tier 1 Debuts"

and, you title/headline your thread:

"NFL head coaches and general managers don’t think much of Zach Wilson"

Editorialize much?  There were actually commendatory comments about Wilson's 'talents' and lack of a team around him in the article.

Pretty sure Josh Allen would have been similarly rated after his rookie season...just sayin'.

Yeah, genius. This isn’t Reddit politics. You don’t have to write the article title as the thread title. Wilson was ranked below other ass QB’s and the title is still spot on, even with a complimentary quote or two.

Every freaking QB in the article had some positive note or another, judging by the limited i’ve seen. Saw on the Seahawks forum that there is. a positive quote about Geno freaking Smith. Is he good too!?!?

On 7/26/2022 at 5:04 PM, Facts said:

“Don’t mischaracterize an article that you thought you had the full writings of and didn’t realize there was a quote that wasn’t posted”

Do you hear yourself when you talk?

User name does not check out.

19 hours ago, paulyjet said:

Seriously... WTF with all the Hate for Zack.

Give me a break.

After this year...then...

But now...

Give me a break.

Smh.

Maybe someone can clarify hate for me. 

I'm just not getting it? I basically said he sucked last year and needs to show a lot more this  year and got multiple negative reactions for that? 

Did he not sucks last year? 

Don't we expect more from him this year? 

No where did I say he can't do it. I believe he's gonna be good.  

• Upvote 1