What happened to Aaron Rodgers? He's showing up at camp like Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn in Major League. lol

4 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I’m pretty sure he had the same look when he was backing up Favre early in his career. Just without the fanfare.

If he gets another MVP this year, he’ll tie Favre for the only backup back to back winners, and I believe he’ll tie Peyton for most ever. Long hurr don’t curr.

Only 6 more SB wins to tie Brady. 

4CBF0D5D-B4D4-499F-84CE-4BFEBB7D045E.gif

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Well we know he’s not vaccinated - smart man.

Typical dumb jock.  
Juice up with steroids that are proven to cause problems later in life including death. 

Refuse a vaccine because, well just because.  No reason.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The least surprising thing about Raideraholic is that he can take any innocuous topic and immediately turn it political.

Like a couple weeks ago when I jokingly suggested Joe Douglas would trade Denzel Mims for three 1st rounders.  Raideraholic, taking the comment 100 % seriously, immediately jumped in to accuse me of being overly influenced by network news.  That happened.  

He's a humorless, hyper-political homer.  And I hope he never changes.

What’s worse his football, Raider takes or his world view takes?

Young And Restless Decision GIF by CBS

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

WOW...just, wow.  Now we all need a reason to not get an experimental vaccine?  Even though as a healthy 30's y.o. male his risk of serious complications or death from this virus was almost 0?

Simple fact...hind sight now indicates the vaccine was probably a good idea for potentially susceptible individuals at higher risk for serious complications and/or death....but since it DID NOT prevent infection (and therefore transmission), a lot of people got a vaccine they may or may not have needed and for which no long-term risk studies were able to be done.  Honestly it isn't even a damn vaccine..it's more a prophylactic medication to prevent death amongst those more susceptible.

Football thread so I'll leave it there.  Just hate seeing people judge others for medical decisions they make as they have NO F*CKING idea what is best for them.

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think it’s best we stick to the topic at hand  and shut up about the vaccine. Definitely not the thread that and honestly. I’m sick of hearing about it. 

I agree, sorry I commented re: the vaccine, but I'm also similarly sick of hearing about Jet Nut's take too. I'm also tired noticing that the comment that gets the 'stick to the topic at hand' admonition is to the reply and not the original asinine post.

We should be so lucky to have Zach turn out to be a similar 'typical dumb jock' as Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

I agree, sorry I commented re: the vaccine, but I'm also similarly sick of hearing about Jet Nut's take too. I'm also tired noticing that the comment that gets the 'stick to the topic at hand' admonition is to the reply and not the original asinine post.

We should be so lucky to have Zach turn out to be a similar 'typical dumb jock' as Rodgers.

Oh I’m not just sick of your take, I apologize if you took it that way. I’m sick of all takes, let’s just be happy we got football starting tomorrow, is that too much to ask? I think not, 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

WOW...just, wow.  Now we all need a reason to not get an experimental vaccine?  Even though as a healthy 30's y.o. male his risk of serious complications or death from this virus was almost 0?

Simple fact...hind sight now indicates the vaccine was probably a good idea for potentially susceptible individuals at higher risk for serious complications and/or death....but since it DID NOT prevent infection (and therefore transmission), a lot of people got a vaccine they may or may not have needed and for which no long-term risk studies were able to be done.  Honestly it isn't even a damn vaccine..it's more a prophylactic medication to prevent death amongst those more susceptible.

Football thread so I'll leave it there.  Just hate seeing people judge others for medical decisions they make as they have NO F*CKING idea what is best for them.

I wasn’t making a political comment, wasn’t to open the door on discusion about the vaccine.  Just the irony of it all.

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Probably the most overrated player in the league next to Jamal Adams.  Just a long long list of utter fail when it counts.  Not only that, he is teflon, nothing is ever his fault.

I remember when every once and a while some Jet fan would say this about Marino too.  
In both cases it’s wrong

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I remember when every once and a while some Jet fan would say this about Marino too.  
In both cases it’s wrong

I'm not so sure.  I remember reading some articles about how Rodgers treats his receivers.  A lot of guys getting in the doghouse.  Not having a chance to improve, no positivity.  I think that was supposedly the case with Valdez-Scantling.  Interesting to see if he does better with KC.  They are both great, but they sure didn't win as much as you'd expect.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I'm not so sure.  I remember reading some articles about how Rodgers treats his receivers.  A lot of guys getting in the doghouse.  Not having a chance to improve, no positivity.  I think that was supposedly the case with Valdez-Scantling.  Interesting to see if he does better with KC.  They are both great, but they sure didn't win as much as you'd expect.

I was reacting more to he’s overrated and blamed for not playing on teams as good as say the Pats

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Typical dumb jock.  
Juice up with steroids that are proven to cause problems later in life including death. 

There are many great reasons for refusing it.  But, regardless, you're responsible for your health and he's responsible for his. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 7/26/2022 at 9:27 PM, greenwave81 said:

Just hate seeing people judge others for medical decisions they make as they have NO F*CKING idea what is best for them.

The irony with this post is that many of the same people now gurning loudest about "muh freedoms!" and "don't judge me" are the same people who have long supported the denial of the freedoms and rights of others at every turn, and have been some of the most consistent "pass judgement" pricks towards anything that wasn't idealized 1950's Americana or Christian moral fundamentalism. 

So you'll forgive me if I'm not overly moved by the sudden awakening of a certain socio-political subgroup to being judged or losing "freedom".

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The irony with this post is that many of the same people now gurning loudest about "muh freedoms!" and "don't judge me" are the same people who have long supported the denial of the freedoms and rights of others at every turn, and have been some of the most consistent "pass judgement" pricks towards anything that wasn't idealized 1950's Americana or Christian moral fundamentalism. 

So you'll forgive me if I'm not overly moved by the sudden awakening of a certain socio-political subgroup to being judged or losing "freedom".

To You Drinking GIF by ION

On 7/28/2022 at 9:06 PM, Warfish said:

I'll forgive you absolutely nothing my friend.  As a Physician, I am a firm believer that the patient is the ultimate arbiter of the care they receive. Abortion, vaccines...don't matter to me.

Not so sure why you want absolution from me, saying I'm a supposed member of a 'certain socio-political subgroup'?

Whatever Dude..so be it.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:27 PM, greenwave81 said:

Only 5 billion people have had the vaccine with 0 side effects but hey, still “experimental”?