Becton OFF Pup list....

It’s wasn’t a big deal when he was on the PUP list and it isn’t a big deal now that he’s off the PUP list. The time for Bectons evaluation will be during the season. No victory laps about Becton are needed at this time or at anytime. Let’s all be happy when he plays up to his potential of dominant offensive tackle 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

The back pedaling here is hilarious. One has to wonder how the pundits would have reacted if MB came to camp out of shape.

Working Battlestar Galactica GIF 

Dr. Gaius Baltar would be a proud member of our community and welcomed in with open arms !! BRAVO !

• Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

All good and fun, but you do realize he has to not suck now, right?

Losing weight was only one part of the problem.

He has played an entire year in the NFL.  He didnt suck.  In fact he was pretty damn good.

Why would you expect him to suck now?   Just admit that you were wrong in your assessment and move on!  

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, rldev said:

He never did suck on the field when the games counted. Perhaps you can enlighten us as to when he sucked.

He got absolutely decimated in training camp last year, and he wasn’t particularly fantastic in the Carolina game (along with the rest of the o-line).   He gave up a sack and he was getting beat, especially on speed rushes while pressure was coming off his side. 

I’m not putting one iota of energy into using pre-season games to evaluate him.  

8 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He has played an entire year in the NFL.  He didnt suck.  In fact he was pretty damn good.

Why would you expect him to suck now?   Just admit that you were wrong in your assessment and move on!  

There have been plenty “flash in the pan” players.  I want to see him play better than he did last training camp and pick up where he left off in 2020, not 2021.

Again, he wasn’t “pretty damn good” against Carolina, and that would have been a huge talking point had he not gotten hurt in the third quarter.  Especially when everyone was pointing to his pre-season games against 3rd stringers as to why “he’s fine”.

I ate my crow Becton in 2020, and got to serve it back to him in 2021.  It’s up to him to serve it back going forward.

• WTF? 1

36 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

This is when we start learning which posters would rather be right, then have a Jets player be successful.

You can see it already in the first two pages of this thread.

Yes, sticking our heads in the sand and pretending that there are zero concerns with a player who took a 4-6 week injury and turned it into a season long injury by playing GTA Online every day during the season and eating himself to 400 lbs is the only way to join the illustrious “real fanzzz” club.

Enough with this lecturing.  Becton earned this criticism and doubt all by himself.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

There have been plenty “flash in the pan” players.  I want to see him play better than he did last training camp and pick up where he left off in 2020, not 2021.

Again, he wasn’t “pretty damn good” against Carolina, and that would have been a huge talking point had he not gotten hurt in the third quarter.  Especially when everyone was pointing to his pre-season games against 3rd stringers as to why “he’s fine”.

I ate my crow Becton in 2020, and got to serve it back to him in 2021.  It’s up to him to serve it back going forward.

He was solid vs carolina . Hell pff had him rated above average and likely would had him graded over 70 if played the entire game.. the play he got injured he was stone walling his guy.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Im not sure where youre getting that "not good" narative for the Carolina game.  Ive looked and cant find any stats that would indicate sacks or pressures.  In fact, I found an article listing the 5 worst jets and he isnt mentioned.    

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/09/13/6-worst-ny-jets-players-panthers/

Flash in the pan might apply to Mike White but Becton was crushing DE and rag dolling Bosa and other top DE his first year.   The only way that Becton doesnt star in this league is if he doesnt want to-He has more size and talent than anybody else playing his position.    I normally agree with most of your takes but now that its clear that Becton is motivated and in shape, he isnt a concern in my mind.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

He was solid vs carolina . Hell pff had him rated above average and likely would had graded over 70 if played the entire game.. the play he got injured he was stone walling his guy.

Respectfully, I don’t really care about what PFF has to say.  PFF has him credited with zero sacks for that game and yet this play exists: 

He was not solid.  He was mediocre at best 

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Im not sure where youre getting that "not good" narative for the Carolina game.  Ive looked and cant find any stats that would indicate sacks or pressures.  In fact, I found an article listing the 5 worst jets and he isnt mentioned.    

https://jetsxfactor.com/2021/09/13/6-worst-ny-jets-players-panthers/

Flash in the pan might apply to Mike White but Becton was crushing DE and rag dolling Bosa and other top DE his first year.   The only way that Becton doesnt star in this league is if he doesnt want to-He has more size and talent than anybody else playing his position.    I normally agree with most of your takes but now that its clear that Becton is motivated and in shape, he isnt a concern in my mind.  

Really, because a quick Twitter search netted me this video of a sack he gave up in that game, something PFF didn’t even pick up on in their grade of him:

Furthermore, the whole “if he doesn’t want to” thing is exactly what I’m concerned about.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Respectfully, I don’t really care about what PFF has to say.  PFF has him credited with zero sacks for that game and yet this play exists: 

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Really, because a quick Twitter search netted me this video of a sack he gave up in that game, something PFF didn’t even pick up on in their grade of him:

Adding onto this, Marquis Haynes, the guy who beat him?  Finished the year with 3 sacks.

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Very good news. A much better way to start camp then the alternative of he is out of shape, doesn’t care etc. 

so how does boomer address his comments of a month ago that Becton is being cut before the season starts?

Ya.... and no one is even talking about the monster aka Lawson or kay adams boy toy Uzomah!

It feels good going into TC this year.... which it does most years! 

The trick is getting out and still feeling good

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, sticking our heads in the sand and pretending that there are zero concerns with a player who took a 4-6 week injury and turned it into a season long injury by playing GTA Online and eating himself to 400 lbs is the only way to join the illustrious “real fanzzz” club.

Seriously

Watch Becton strain a hammy tomorrow and his same defenders will come up with some other BS excuse. “Well…he hasn’t been on a football field in nearly a year!”.

Hell, there are still people who believe the reports about him having weight issues are fabricated. Despite the fact that Saleh just made it an emphasis to say that his weight is down within the last 2-3 days

No one who has raked Becton over the coals, for very well earned coal-raking sh*t, is rooting for him to fail. We just invested a Top 12 pick in this f*cking guy two years ago and are trying to actively develop a young QB. I would love nothing more than for Becton to keep his weight at around 345 and stay on the football field while playing at a high level.

But has my confidence been shaken in that happening? How the hell could it not?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Zach held that ball that why becton never got credited with giving up the sack.

5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously

Watch Becton strain a hammy tomorrow and his same defenders will come up with some other BS excuse. “Well…he hasn’t been on a football field in nearly a year!”.

Hell, there are still people who believe the reports about him having weight issues are fabricated. Despite the fact that Saleh just made it an emphasis to say that his weight is down within the last 2-3 days

No one who has raked Becton over the coals, for very well earned coal-raking sh*t, is rooting for him to fail. We just invested a Top 12 pick in this f*cking guy two years ago and are trying to actively develop a young QB. I would love nothing more than for Becton to keep his weight at around 345 and stay on the football field while playing at a high level.

But has my confidence been shaken in that happening? How the hell could it not?

Yikes this is what your hoping for? 

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

3rd and 2 zach got 4 seconds. You gotta throw the ball. defense is not sitting back in that situation.

4 seconds?  Really?  You might wanna fix that stop watch of yours.

Zach Wilson gets the ball and begins his drop back at 0:01

6E9A4F80-4DE8-4063-AFC1-9DFB52729951.thumb.jpeg.90b520af91998204121ba27c6158d640.jpeg

Becton is firmly beat and the pressure is on at 0:03.  

B0685EAF-7D54-4893-B5F7-BFC40EB9DEB8.thumb.jpeg.45762ab5fe67af3851b8828e66cb5724.jpeg

Zach is flushed out at this point and sacked at 0:04.

CCC04372-F9FD-4817-B3D9-D5559F6611D3.thumb.jpeg.c12e0c79753b7459ba889d44008b0ce7.jpeg

Calling that “4 seconds” to throw is hilariously generous and flat-out wrong

39 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

He's a third year player. He's played one of two years. According to you he was pretty good on year one. So what about year two? Non-existent? Injured? 4-8 week injury that kept getting stretched?

What team wants a player that is going to be injured half the time. I'm hoping that Becton dominates this year and stays healthy 80-90% of the time for years to come. But he's batting 50/50 as of right now. 

I don't know about training camp COVID year, but last year he was not looking good. If he looks good this year, he'll be batting 50/50 on coming into training camp prepared. 

Again, I hope he's a beast, Carl Lawson-esque with his preparation and determination going forward. GO BIG TICKET!!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

He's a third year player. He's played one of two years. According to you he was pretty good on year one. So what about year two? Non-existent? Injured? 4-8 week injury that kept getting stretched?

What team what's a player that is going to be injured half the time. I'm hoping that Becton dominates this year and stays healthy 80-90% of the time for years to come. But he's batting 50/50. 

I don't know about training camp COVID year, but last year he was not looking good. If he looks good this year, he'll be batting 50/50 on coming into training camp prepared. 

Again, I hope he's a beast, Carl Lawson-esque with his preparation and determination going forward. GO BIG TICKET!!!

Exactly this.  No one is rooting against the kid.  Some of us just aren’t blindly defending him.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1