Becton OFF Pup list....

26 minutes ago, BCJet said:

I cant believe I opened this thread to so much negativity about the guy.

Im really not sure what anyone one who was worried about his work ethic or conditioning (myself included) can say at this point. On day 1 he passed the conditioning test and is in shape enough to be activated off the PUP, what else do you guys want?  Im shocked and thrilled that he is at this point in his conditioning, its great news to start camp.

Yea his 2021 was an injury/disaster and we hope to see improvement but overall he had a good rookie year, is back healthy and in shape.  Until Bryce Huff starts abusing him  in practice I really dont see the point of being negative towards him

The disease

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Becton has a great 2020 and a disaster of a 2021 under his belt.  Like someone else said: he’s batting .500 so far.  It’s up to him to make that .750 after next year, not .250.

So, you're saying Carl Lawson had a terrible season last year as well?  I guess that means he's .000, he REALLY sucks.  FYI:  Becton has NEVER PLAYED poorly.  Smokescreens only fool the likeminded.  

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Mogglez. Just Googled recovery time for dislocated knee cap and as per Orthopedic surgeon Dr.Ben Petre a person with a dislocated knee cap can resume sports activities in approximately 6-8 months. Don’t know how to post it on here as I am not technologically advanced. 

19 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

So, you're saying Carl Lawson had a terrible season last year as well?  I guess that means he's .000, he REALLY sucks.  FYI:  Becton has NEVER PLAYED poorly.  Smokescreens only fool the likeminded.  

I’d love to know the mental gymnastics that you are doing to compare missing game due to an Achilles tear and getting fat while you’re supposed to be rehabbing.  I mean really, talk about completely missing the mark.

Becton played mediocre at best last year.  Until you can prove otherwise, I’m going with the tape that I’ve watched and even posted.

13 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d love to know the mental gymnastics that you are doing to compare missing game due to an Achilles tear and getting fat while you’re supposed to be rehabbing.  I mean really, talk about completely missing the mark.

Becton played mediocre at best last year.  Until you can prove otherwise, I’m going with the tape that I’ve watched and even posted.

It's simple math, I don't expect you to understand.  You're giving him a plus for 2020 and a minus for 2021.  He was injured in 2021, the season doesn't factor into the equation.  What matters is what players do ON the field.  I don't expect you to understand that either.

14 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

It's simple math, I don't expect you to understand.  You're giving him a plus for 2020 and a minus for 2021.  He was injured in 2021, the season doesn't factor into the equation.  What matters is what players do ON the field.  I don't expect you to understand that either.

And again, comparing a torn Achilles to getting fat and playing video games when you should be working on getting back is about as clueless as it gets and shouldn’t be simplified, but so far you’re 0 for 2.  I’m eagerly waiting to see how you strikeout.

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

And again, comparing a torn Achilles to getting fat and playing video games when you should be working on getting back is about as clueless as it gets and shouldn’t be simplified, but so far you’re 0 for 2.  I’m eagerly waiting to see how you strikeout.

2 attempts is my limit with someone with ADHD.

12 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

2 attempts is my limit with someone with ADHD.

I don’t have ADHD, but very cool of you to make fun of people who do!  F*ck people with disabilities, right?!  I’m not even sure how it would be relevant to football talk, nothing you’ve said has made a lick of sense, so why start now?

I think a Jets fan Facebook group would be more suited for someone with your level of…expertise, lmfao.

13 hours ago, Origen said:

I'm still waiting for someone to post an actual picture of Becton being super fat or getting burned by Lawson last year.  I *read* it here, many times, vociferously stated, yet never saw anything showing it at all.  Having a training camp tweet say "Lawson is beating Becton like a drum" without any context of what the oline was working on at that time vs. the go-go dline that was getting put in tells me nothing.  All I'm asking is for some proof of the claim to be presented before people start going to the mattresses about something.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. You’ve got ten reporters watching one play where Lawson beats Becton in practice, and then in the training camp thread ten tweets come thru about Becton getting beat and everyone is up in arms about the beating he’s taking. It gets amplified because every big play will be reported by all of them. It works both ways, too, like when Zach throws a 40 yard TD, but either way it’s not a reliable gauge of what’s actually happening. Seems like every beat guy has a personal axe to grind with some coach or player, and that will come thru in the tweets and articles and podcasts, as well. I’ll read every word and get caught up in it, too, but what I really look forward to are the preseason games so I can see it for myself (not that I’m any expert, either). 

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

He got absolutely decimated in training camp last year, and he wasn’t particularly fantastic in the Carolina game (along with the rest of the o-line).   He gave up a sack and he was getting beat, especially on speed rushes while pressure was coming off his side. 

I’m not putting one iota of energy into using pre-season games to evaluate him.  

You just did.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Good for Becton, I'm rooting for him. 

All of us are!  At the end of the day, if the dude pans out, we have a monster of a franchise LT.  I just hope for his, and the teams, sake that we don’t have to go through the weight fluctuations every year.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Origen said:

I'm still waiting for someone to post an actual picture of Becton being super fat or getting burned by Lawson last year.  I *read* it here, many times, vociferously stated, yet never saw anything showing it at all.  Having a training camp tweet say "Lawson is beating Becton like a drum" without any context of what the oline was working on at that time vs. the go-go dline that was getting put in tells me nothing.  All I'm asking is for some proof of the claim to be presented before people start going to the mattresses about something.

Close the thread.  Mike drop.  I'm not taking Dick Cimini's and DJ whatever's word for what goes on at practice in training camp. Their job is to generate hits and not report on the team. What happens in practices in shorts and shells is not football.

• Upvote 1

People guessing that the extended rehab, off of guesses about the extent of his injury was due to being a lazy fat bastard along with the idea that he should be in rehab every waking moment are the problems with these takes.  No proof that he wasn’t rehabbing as prescribed.  Just videos of him working out and pix of him not backing up claims that he was fat.  
And of course a handful of video game tweets proved how lazy he was 

• Upvote 3

The redemption tour has started.  I told you all to be prepared for this day.  Some of you understood, but many of you continued to hate and as I've mentioned many times before, I have a list of those people.  They are not invited to the party when the Becton Pancake Club gathers to celebrate the day he's awarded the Chad Pennington of the Year Award.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I, quite literally, gave you time-stamps showing that, at best, Zach was given under 2.7 seconds to throw, and you’re still arguing that it wasn’t Becton’s fault that he got beat by a guy who finished the 2021 season with 3 sacks, one against Mekhi himself.

At this point you are seeing what you want to see, even if it goes against tangible evidence. 

I found this an interesting debate, so I went and looked at the play and I think this is actually a great example of my biggest complaint/worry about Wilson.  And yes, this sack is on him mostly.  Sure, Becton didnt stone wall him, but he turned him away from where Zach, should have been and Zach drifted into the lane.  He's in shotgun, receives the snap at the 31/32, takes a 3 step  drop to the 34/35, then bounces and drifts back another 2/3 steps, and end ups at the 37 before Haynes has an easy lane to Wilson because he drifted out of the pocket making it more difficult on Becton.  First NFL game but he kind of continued that through the season, not always resulting in sacks but often throwing timing off as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JiFapono said:

I found this an interesting debate, so I went and looked at the play and I think this is actually a great example of my biggest complaint/worry about Wilson.  And yes, this sack is on him mostly.  Sure, Becton didnt stone wall him, but he turned him away from where Zach, should have been and Zach drifted into the lane.  He's in shotgun, receives the snap at the 31/32, takes a 3 step  drop to the 34/35, then bounces and drifts back another 2/3 steps, and end ups at the 37 before Haynes has an easy lane to Wilson because he drifted out of the pocket making it more difficult on Becton.  First NFL game but he kind of continued that through the season, not always resulting in sacks but often throwing timing off as well. 

I agree. That wasn't on our guy Becton at all.

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

All of us are!  At the end of the day, if the dude pans out, we have a monster of a franchise LT.  I just hope for his, and the teams, sake that we don’t have to go through the weight fluctuations every year.

Don't forget that Game 1 last year was the first time the 5 starting olineman had actually played together in a game.  AVT sat out the preseason, as did Becton, Fant played some but on the right, Feeney played RG all pre-season.  So that Carolina game was the first time those guys were together, and it showed.  That has as much or more effect on the play as people thinking Becton is fat.  It took them weeks to figure out stunts.

• Sympathy 1

Just now, Origen said:

Don't forget that Game 1 last year was the first time the 5 starting olineman had actually played together in a game.  AVT sat out the preseason, as did Becton, Fant played some but on the right, Feeney played RG all pre-season.  So that Carolina game was the first time those guys were together, and it showed.  That has as much or more effect on the play as people thinking Becton is fat.  It took them weeks to figure out stunts.

That is a very fair point that I, whole heartedly, acknowledge.

Like I said though, ultimately, Becton working out is best for us, and that’s what I want!

• Sympathy 1