GreenBean interviews Connor Hughes

Having watched most of this, I don't dislike Connor nearly as much as I did before I started watching.  I still think he's annoying to listen to on his old podcast, and won't be a source I follow.  But he had good answers to direct "confrontational" questions and he seems like an okay guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, rtnelson said:

Having watched most of this, I don't dislike Connor nearly as much as I did before I started watching.  I still think he's annoying to listen to on his old podcast, and won't be a source I follow.  But he had good answers to direct "confrontational" questions and he seems like an okay guy.

he's actually been one of the best sources possible when it comes to the jets.  it's a shame he won't be on the beat anymore.  he's lightyears better than cimini and whatever losers are on the beat for the daily news and the post.  hopefully the new guy at the athletic, zack rosenblatt, will be as informed and plugged in as connor was.

54 minutes ago, heymangold said:

he's actually been one of the best sources possible when it comes to the jets.  it's a shame he won't be on the beat anymore.  he's lightyears better than cimini and whatever losers are on the beat for the daily news and the post.  hopefully the new guy at the athletic, zack rosenblatt, will be as informed and plugged in as connor was.

Pretty sure he's going to be on the beat.  The speculation is just with SNY I believe.

I hate to be critical of fan generated content, but GB really should have explained the controversies/issues they were there to address for people like me who had no idea what the issues were heading into the conversation. 

2 hours ago, k-met57 said:

he is a nice down to earth kid, but there is nothing that makes him stand out on the beat. he isnt great with sources, content, or predictions...he is just there.

this is just 100% wrong. This off-season he basically reported all the players the Jets were targeting before they signed them.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

this is just 100% wrong. This off-season he basically reported all the players the Jets were targeting before they signed them.

But he got everything wrong with regard to the draft.  And he stated it with a lot of confidence, implying it was based on inside information.

great interview
Mims with the brilliant day 1 of camp
Sounds like all completions were from Flacco or MW
ZW has "chemistry" with 1 player, Braxton Berrios
Was gonna say Mr White clinging to life support Mims may actually pull him back to the practice squad.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, MykePM said:

This was a GREAT interview.  I gained a whole lot of respect for Connor Hughes for coming on and spending a good amount of time answering tough questions honestly without BS and for being a stand-up guy.  He really gave us an insightful glimpse at how the beat reporter sausage is made.

Also, I'm embarrassed to admit that this was my first time watching @GREENBEAN, but I was really impressed.  A natural as a host, entertaining, obviously very knowledgable about the Jets, and not afraid to broach uncomfortable topics in a diplomatic way.  Thanks, and nice job, GB!

@GREENBEAN is must hear contentent. Also Ryan @bla bla bla from Jets 24/7, Matt O'Leary, Jets Media, Frankie From Flatbush, and Tyson Rouche from Lets Talk Jets are great. (and others)

• Upvote 1

As a general rule I don't listen/watch podcasts.  Maybe I have attention deficit but I just feel I have better things to do with my time.

However, after reading the comments in this thread I gave it a listen/watch and I was pleasantly surprised.  Some good insights shared by Connor here.  Glad GB didn't monopolize the conversation as well.  

2 minutes ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Connor doesn't think Mims will be on the field for the Jets...we will see.

That was before yesterday.  As you say, let's see if Mims keeps it up.  If he does, it's hard to see how he doesn't make it on the field on Sundays.  But that's a long way away from here.

• Upvote 2