Around the league - training camp

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-training-camp-tracker-latest-news-and-updates-183454573.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-julio-jones-teams-up-with-tom-brady-signing-with-bucs-203145373.html

"As for quarterback Trey Lance, 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said the team "have moved on to Trey" following a conversation with himself, general manager John Lynch and quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo. San Francisco gave Garoppolo permission to find a trade partner."

"Julio Jones is signing a one-year deal to join the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports. Terms of the deal weren't initially reported."

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Did any pass go for more than 10 yards in the air ?

Should get all the jokes in now because they'll be the ones laughing at the end of the season. That kid is legit, and I think we'll all come to understand he's got more than enough arm strength. 

• Thumb Down 7
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Should get all the jokes in now because they'll be the ones laughing at the end of the season. That kid is legit, and I think we'll all come to understand he's got more than enough arm strength. 

I am not convinced. He is so limited and you could see the league catching up with him towards the end of last year. He has a much lower ceiling and may already really be at his ceiling. Would not be shocking to see him regress.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I am not convinced. He is so limited and you could see the league catching up with him towards the end of last year. He has a much lower ceiling and may already really be at his ceiling. Would not be shocking to see him regress.

You can parrot the talking heads with that low ceiling crap all you like. The kid can play, and he's far more than "a game manager". Just watch.

• Thumb Down 6
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Dreams said:

You can parrot the talking heads with that low ceiling crap all you like. The kid can play, and he's far more than "a game manager". Just watch.

Well I see a game manager that is very limited physically and has limited arm talent. To me that objectively makes his ceiling lower and like I said I feel teams started to figure him out last year, but he had a great game against JAX. I am not saying he is going to bust, but I am not sure he will really improve much from what he is and could regress. I wouldn't even consider trading Zach for him that is sure.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Dreams said:

Yeah, instead of all those media people, ex personnel and player types we should listen to a Pats fan on a Jets board 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Well I see a game manager that is very limited physically and has limited arm talent. To me that objectively makes his ceiling lower and like I said I feel teams started to figure him out last year, but he had a great game against JAX. I am not saying he is going to bust, but I am not sure he will really improve much from what he is and could regress. I wouldn't even consider trading Zach for him that is sure.

19 passing yards in the cold wind, 12 on a catch and run doesn’t prove he has a gun?

10 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

That’s the media narrative of him, but I thought he regressed pretty badly in the final 6 weeks of the season (and playoffs). The kid started turning the ball over a lot. He won’t last up there if that continues. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, instead of all those media people, ex personnel and player types we should listen to a Pats fan on a Jets board 

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I'm not not a Pat's fan, LOL, but god forbid a Jet fan doesn't have green glasses glued to his head. I thought the kid was going to be great coming out of Alabama,  just salt in the wound he went to the Pat's. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AltonBrown said:

That’s the media narrative of him, but I thought he regressed pretty badly in the final 6 weeks of the season (and playoffs). The kid started turning the ball over a lot. He won’t last up there if that continues. 

They handcuffed him early and he took all the easy stuff. When teams started taking that away and he had to open the playbook so to speak.. he started coughing it up more. I think he will be a solid QB ala a Kirk Cousins who can function, but won't ever be special. Guys like that can make a lot of money and have long careers, but I wouldn't expect to turn crap at WR into gold. When Parker gets injured again in a few days, he's got nothing. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

They handcuffed him early and he took all the easy stuff. When teams started taking that away and he had to open the playbook so to speak.. he started coughing it up more. I think he will be a solid QB ala a Kirk Cousins who can function, but won't ever be special. Guys like that can make a lot of money and have long careers, but I wouldn't expect to turn crap at WR into gold. When Parker gets injured again in a few days, he's got nothing. 

Cousins doesn’t turn the ball over. I think Jones will be more like Baker Mayfield. That was my comp for him coming out. 

The rumormill is swirling that either the Giants have traded for Garoppolo or he's being cut. Real smoke or fake, he's not participating at 49ers camp and it seems to be getting turned into a "Cleveland Baker", if you get my meaning. 

Also, Deebo is "holding in" to get a new contract. 

I hope Mike McDaniel bring this level of genius to the Dolphins. 

---

Gardner Minshew has literally been living in a van.

---

Bills 13 second defense in full effect. 

---

Tua already having to force throws to Hill to keep him from going full Antonio Brown

---

Mac trying to get DVP involved before he goes on season ending IR in a couple days from taking a deep breath

• Upvote 1