Around the league - training camp

30 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Why would they trade him? They’re a bad team. Has he been a problem or something?

30 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Maybe he just sucks?

Quick rumors out of Chicago that I saw are that he’s butting heads with the FO and new coaching staff.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Quick rumors out of Chicago that I saw are that he’s butting heads with the FO and new coaching staff.

Crazy. If they’re desperate to get rid of him I’d take a late round flyer on him. I know a lot of people around here liked him. He must be really butting heads over there for them to want a flip a 2nd round pick so fast though

On 7/29/2022 at 8:52 PM, Hal N of Provo said:

Good for Dotson.  I talked myself into his workout numbers meaning he wouldn’t make the jump.  Film 1st is again emphasized lol.  

I feasted on drafting Dotson over C. Williams (Packers WR from NDSU) and will continue to self-felate over the decision until proven otherwise. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/28/2022 at 10:08 AM, jgb said:

Mac Jones was:

-17th in the NFL last season in Air Yards per Completion. Ahead of Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady.
-14th in passes over 10 yards
-11th in passes over 20 yards
-13th in number of big pass plays (over 25 yards).

Mac outperformed the expected output in the latter three categories (which could be skewed by YAC) considering his weaponz ranked 18th in YAC per completion. He made his teammates better, exactly as a FQB should and he was only a rookie.

He may not have a mega cannon but he has a satisfactory NFL caliber arm and is likely to continue to get better as his game relies less on relatively inelastic physical superiority than it does on football smarts and acumen, both of which tend to grow appreciably with additional playing experience.

I think Mac has a below-average arm.  He's a smart QB though, I'll give him that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

This won’t quicken the Fant extension talks  yikes! 

Ian Rapoport ⁦‪@RapSheet‬⁩

The #AZCardinals and LT DJ Humphries have agreed to terms on a 3-year extension worth $66.8M total, source said. He gets $34M guaranteed and earns $21M in year 1.

8/2/22, 8:51 PM

• Like 1

For Rutgers fans -

7th Round RB Isiah Pacheco out of Rutgers......is already a LOCK to make the KC roster.  He's been getting the "1" reps as kick returner and has rotated in with the 1's at RB where he has been impressive, especially in the passing game.  His speed has shown up.  

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

For Rutgers fans -

7th Round RB Isiah Pacheco out of Rutgers......is already a LOCK to make the KC roster.  He's been getting the "1" reps as kick returner and has rotated in with the 1's at RB where he has been impressive, especially in the passing game.  His speed has shown up.  

@RutgersJetFan Don’t ever act like I never get you anything, 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Here's a wonderful little clip of Mac Jones throwing a precision interception.  The defense wasn't even trying to get to him and he still managed to put it right into the DBs hands.  Such a pity...

If Mac Jones regresses like I think he's going to, that's going to be a glorious subplot this season.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Here's a wonderful little clip of Mac Jones throwing a precision interception.  The defense wasn't even trying to get to him and he still managed to put it right into the DBs hands.  Such a pity...

Dreams didn’t  live long enough to see this.  

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Interesting camp report from New England

If they can't run, Mac Jones will be exposed BIG TIME. I can't believe BB would neglect the offense so much as having Patricia and/or Judge as the OC. 

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

It's looks like he shotput a balloon. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Music Video Birdman GIF

It would have been in our benefit to play the Pats early. Of course the one year that’s true is the only year we don’t play them by week 3 in the last 100 years 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Drums said:

It would have been in our benefit to play the Pats early. Of course the one year that’s true is the only year we don’t play them by week 3 in the last 100 years 

Meh, I'm not concerned with NE at all.  Mac Jones is the mush and BB's arrogance might have finally caught up with him, they're really not that good.  They had as many wins vs. playoffs teams as the Jets last year.  They showed their true colors the last 5 games of the year when they went 1-4 w/ their only win coming vs. the Jags.  If the Jets built this right like we think they have, they really should take a game from this year.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

Meh, I'm not concerned with NE at all.  Mac Jones is the mush and BB's arrogance might have finally caught up with him, they're really not that good.  They had as many wins vs. playoffs teams as the Jets last year.  They showed their true colors the last 5 games of the year when they went 1-4 w/ their only win coming vs. the Jags.  If the Jets built this right like we think they have, they really should take a game from this year.

I think they'll finish last in the division but at the same time, it's BB so I'm still hesitant to believe it. Even though I don't believe McDaniels will be a good leader and get no inspiration from watching his interviews, I think Miami will be better than we are making them out to be and we will be fighting agains them for #2. What do you think about Miami?

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Mac Jones regresses like I think he's going to, that's going to be a glorious subplot this season.

Just think how that will add to Belicheat's fabulous draft record. He may know how to cook, but the man can't shop a lick.