Around the league - training camp

13 minutes ago, Drums said:

I think they'll finish last in the division but at the same time, it's BB so I'm still hesitant to believe it. Even though I don't believe McDaniels will be a good leader and get no inspiration from watching his interviews, I think Miami will be better than we are making them out to be and we will be fighting agains them for #2. What do you think about Miami?

Miami's offense is a freaking track meet and I dont understand how it's going to work with Tua but yeah, they're an interesting team for sure.  That said, while I like McDaniel, I have no idea what that team is going to look like and think the strength of the Dolphins last year was Flores defense.  So it will be interesting to see for sure.  Im not ready to say the Jets wont be last in the division again but I do think they take a game from both teams.  Bills are running away with it again IMO.

• Upvote 3

Rhule won't select the starting QB until after preseason week 2.

"I'm not putting a timetable on the quarterback position until after we get back from the Patriots week," Rhule said, via ESPN’s David Newton. "The Patriots week is a true litmus test for us. That will really show us where guys are."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Rhule won't select the starting QB until after preseason week 2.

"I'm not putting a timetable on the quarterback position until after we get back from the Patriots week," Rhule said, via ESPN’s David Newton. "The Patriots week is a true litmus test for us. That will really show us where guys are."

Have the Patriots not already made the decision with Darnold obvious? 

"Ghosts"

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jetspenguin said:

Sweep.

Calling it right now.

On the record.

Double Stamp.

No Erasies.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

Be nice if Zach could drop a 50-burger on them, too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Miami's offense will be like a track meet but nobody is saying it about our guys. We have a LOT of 4.3 guys on offense too.

We do have some 4.3 blazers now:  E Moore, G Wilson, B Hall, D Mims, J Smith 

Am I missing any? 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Another training camp distraction for Cleveland

The guy might see the writing on the wall this year for Cleveland.  Watson is getting suspended.  Regardless of the length of that suspension, that means the RBs are going to be run into the ground with Brissett starting, and the Browns have been very outspoken about keeping Chubb healthy and fresh.  So where does that leave Hunt?  As the guy who is going to get Le’Veon Bell’d.

On 8/6/2022 at 4:11 PM, jetspenguin said:

I don't understand why everyone thinks that Miami's offense will be like a track meet but nobody is saying it about our guys. We have a LOT of 4.3 guys on offense too.

Sure but they're a bit more proven and the next gen stats guys have more Dolphins players clocking at top 10 high end speeds than any other team in the league w/ Waddle, Hill and Mostert and I'm pretty sure that the Cheetah was clocked as the fastest ever on the field.  Then you factor that both Waddle and Hill caught over a 100 passes last year and arguably 2 of the fastest WR's in the league, the scale tips in favor the Fins, IMO.

We are fast for sure, but we need to prove speed kills that way IMO, these guys have.

• Upvote 1

ESPN's David Newton writes that "there's still a reason [Ikem] Ekwonu is far from winning the [left tackle] position."

Ekwonu has largely been playing inside while second-year lineman Brady Christensen gets the first-team left tackle reps. "He's got a long way to go,'' Matt Rhule said after practice. "He gave up a huge sack there at the end. I'm not super concerned with the run-blocking, it's the pass protection he [needs to] continue to develop." 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Drums said:

Smoke and mirrors 

I don't think so.  And its potentially a big deal for us.

It seems like the Patriots are changing offensive systems after 20 years, and going for more of a Tim McVay offense. 

That's pretty major news, as it takes a long time to learn a new offensive system and they will have a lot of miscast pieces (potentially dropping their talent pool).  I mean it makes sense bc Mac Jones is definitely built more for that style of O, so probably a good idea for the long term (and it probably means they do consider him a franchise qb).

However I do think they are now quite a bit more vulnerable at least for a good portion of this upcoming season. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hael said:

It seems like the Patriots are changing offensive systems after 20 years, and going for more of a Tim McVay offense. 

That's pretty major news, as it takes a long time to learn a new offensive system and they will have a lot of miscast pieces (potentially dropping their talent pool).  I mean it makes sense bc Mac Jones is definitely built more for that style of O, so probably a good idea for the long term (and it probably means they do consider him a franchise qb).

However I do think they are now quite a bit more vulnerable at least for a good portion of this upcoming season. 

Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

• Haha 2

On 8/6/2022 at 4:11 PM, jetspenguin said:

Because they have proven players in waddle and hill...  The Jets have a bunch of hope.... Although I am positive on the team... And think that they will want this year...  They have proven very little... 

56 minutes ago, Hael said:

They're also trying to switch to zone blocking which is also reportedly not going well. They then said if it doesn't go well, they'll go back to their original scheme. That seems incredibly poorly thought out given how much importance is placed on offensive line units having consistency. This remind a lot of Miami last year with the 2 (3) offensive coordinators. Mac Jones is also visibly frustrated in camp. 

57 minutes ago, Hael said:

Pats are a 4 win team...  Nobody is discussing how much worse their defense will be losing 4 pro-bowlers.