I know everyone is excited, BUT we have a major problem

45 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

6 losing seasons in a row.  Over a decade out of the playoffs.  Fans have every right not to see this.  

And there it is.  The Jets have treated me bad for a decade, so now I am going to treat them bad every chance I get.

Silly but sad.  The problem with this thinking is Post UK Woody, Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh had nothing to do with that decade of losing.  Stop hating your own team and open your eyes and you will see where we are headed.  And it is going to be glorious.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

And there it is.  The Jets have treated me bad for a decade, so now I am going to treat them bad every chance I get.

Silly but sad.  The problem with this thinking is Post UK Woody, Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh had nothing to do with that decade of losing.  Stop hating your own team and open your eyes and you will see where we are headed.  And it is going to be glorious.

I don't hate the team.  I'm quite optimistic about this season.  When you've witnessed consecutive crap seasons like we have the past decade, I don't blame some fans for being pessimistic.  It's a show me/prove it attitude.  I love the moves that Joe Douglas has made but nothing has been translated on the football field as of yet.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 3

6 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Im not going to argue with you.  You can keep hating your own team while I will enjoy the winning that is coming our way.  Good luck to you.

I’ll be partying with the other Jets fans when the team is finally good again while you get in everyone’s face demanding to know if they ever posted anything skeptical about the team on the Internet. That will last until you get bounced from the bar for being a buzz kill.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, comparing a team with Bill Bellichek and a young franchise qb with Todd Bowles and old man Fitz.  Brilliant!

Im not going to argue with you.  You can keep hating your own team while I will enjoy the winning that is coming our way.  Good luck to you.

Says “I’m not going to argue.”

Responds twice to the same post with an argument.

Confused Confusion GIF

14 hours ago, k-met57 said:

come back after week 1, this place will be its usual thunder dome of complaining.

Every long time Jets fan -- whether they admit it or not -- has to sense the high probability of a week 1 thunder stomp at the hands of the Ravens. 

That's about the toughest opening draw you can get, especially for a rebuilt team.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Every long time Jets fan -- whether they admit it or not -- has to sense the high probability of a week 1 thunder stomp at the hands of the Ravens. 

That's about the toughest opening draw you can get, especially for a rebuilt team.

I dont think its that tough at all.  Defense not near what it used to me.  0 passing game outside of the tight end.  Top running backs coming off major injuries and most likely wont be 100%.  We are at home.

I expect us to win this game.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I dont think its that tough at all.  Defense not near what it used to me.  0 passing game outside of the tight end.  Top running backs coming off major injuries and most likely wont be 100%.  We are at home.

I expect us to win this game.

I'd be happy to make a charity wager with you if I didn't think the chance was 96% that you'll SAR out when your -- to put it kindly -- rosy predictions fail to materialize.

Nevertheless, I hope you are right but my money in on the Ravens.