Baker Mayfield vs Sam Darnold update

3 hours ago, Trotter said:

This is probably an unfair stmt but rhule comes across as the type of guy you simply can’t trust.

I Would not be surprised if he is working back channels to land back in college.

I agree mayfield is starting barring injury. If it goes south quickly, I could see rhule bailing on these guys which would be ironic since he caused the chaos.

Popcorn GIF by WWE

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Ok, so you think I'm a dumb ass who thinks an injury to your arm can effect your brain and needed you to explain that this can't  happen. Is this what you are trying to say here?

Wow.  You have issues, I didn’t come close to calling you anything.  I have no idea how you got to this.  Maybe you should reread.   Jeez

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wow.  You have issues, I didn’t come close to calling you anything.  I have no idea how you got to this.  Maybe you should reread.   Jeez

It's  called reading comprehension.  

Oh, btw, had you bothered to look, Baker had 418 pass attempts  for the season and Sam had 406. That is the stat you look at when discussing  picks, pass attempts, not games played. 

7 hours ago, jgb said:

Who cares if Darnold is a good boy. Terrible QB.

Mayfield has a whiff of upside. Darnold is a coach killer. Easiest choice in the world for Rhule.

who cares?  Baker is a terrible QB AND he's a jacka$$!! If you're going to root for one terrible QB over the other, at least pick the "good guy".

51 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

who cares?  Baker is a terrible QB AND he's a jacka$$!! If you're going to root for one terrible QB over the other, at least pick the "good guy".

Baker (1) is less bad; (2) still has some non-zero probability outcomes of being a starting-quality QB; (3) and I don’t give a fugg who is a good guy at all. 

I’d take Mussolini as my QB if he could consistently post 90+ QB ratings.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Jeremy Bates?  The guy was walking in the woods for five years before the Jets hired him.  I had hope for the guy, but that was nepotism city.  His career achievements included Jay Cutler and making @Fred Jetstone happy in 2005.  You forgot (the wrong) Johnny Morton from USC.  Guy was what?  Seven years removed from play calling duties? A career WR coach that Pete didn't take with him when he left USC.  A regular Mount Rushmore of coaching - right up there with Lambeau and Lombardi.

Cool.  Explain Bowles and Joe Brady then.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

Why are some people so obsessed with QB's being "nice boys"?

Some/most of the best QB's of all-time were a$$holes.  Do people watch football, a violent sport, in the hopes that these are nice people they're watching?  As if that's the most important trait a normal human can have anyways? 

And how do we really know Darnold is a "good guy"?  Are you friends with him?  

It's such a silly reason to care about a player.  If he sucks, he sucks.  Him being a nice boy does nothing for me.  It just confirms to me that he's soft, which he is.

And I'm not "rooting" for Mayfield, either.  Neither he nor Darnold are Jets.  We're talking about an NFC South QB competition here.  And one I think Mayfield wins with ease.  That's all.

• Sympathy 2

8 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Baker Mayfield has a statue...

Blonde surfer doesn't!

/thread 

Any statue of Darnold would need to be made of mashed potatoes to be true to its subject. So maybe he had one and it melted away in a drizzle.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Rhule's job is on the line.  He cant waste 1 minute of the next 17 games playing Sam Darnold at qb.

I couldn’t have been more wrong about Rhule being a good coach in the pros. 

He’ll get a big time college job after this season though for sure.