Geno Smith vs Drew Lock Update

Surely, but never thought Geno would ever get a legit opportunity to start in the NFL again.
Always wondered how things would have turned out for him if he didn’t get punched in the face. In 2015 he was going to start on a pretty loaded Jets offense with an OC that knew what he was doing. 
Dude sucked ... displayed some of the worst QB play I have ever seen. He could show a modicum of improvement with a loaded offense and more maturity.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, AltonBrown said:

Surely, but never thought Geno would ever get a legit opportunity to start in the NFL again.

Always wondered how things would have turned out for him if he didn’t get punched in the face. In 2015 he was going to start on a pretty loaded Jets offense with an OC that knew what he was doing. 

I watched Geno play a couple times last season and at times he looked really good.  He has every physical tool. But he makes bone headed killer plays and then has a childish tantrum after.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I watched Geno play a couple times last season and at times he looked really good.  He has every physical tool. But he makes bone headed killer plays and then has a childish tantrum after.

Adversity doesn’t fuel him — it cripples him.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

He has the physical tools and he is allegeldy a smart guy, but his "emotional IQ" is garbage. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, maury77 said:

He has the physical tools and he is allegeldy a smart guy, but his "emotional IQ" is garbage. 

Most highly drafted QBs fail. All have the tools. They fail because of what’s upstairs. Geno is not an exceptional case. He’s the norm.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

41 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's going to be hilarious to hear some of the long deferred "told ya so's" by certain folks if Geno shows anything approaching quality play as the starter this year, lol.

No one admits to being wrong on the Internet, they just go into hiding until conditions improve. They’ll come out like earthworms after rain if he has a good week. I hope he does well week 1. Week 2 will be fun after all the premature victory laps.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

It's going to be hilarious to hear some of the long deferred "told ya so's" by certain folks if Geno shows anything approaching quality play as the starter this year, lol.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

No one admits to being wrong on the Internet, they just go into hiding until conditions improve. They’ll come out like earthworms after rain if he has a good week. I hope he does well week 1. Week 2 will be fun after all the premature victory laps.

I was the "Last of the Geno supporters".  Not even I would say I told you so.    After almost 10 years of disappointment, Geno deserves no love and I suspect will $hit the bed once again.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Geno's 31 years old.  He's probably not the same immature kid who was drafted to save the NY Jets.  Hope he has a good season.  

Generally my view as well.  No harm to us if he does ok.  Better yet if he does ok, but we roflstomp him.

• Upvote 1

Just now, slats said:

I’ll be happy for Geno if he starts and does well,

+1

Just now, slats said:

I have no hate for him. But there won’t be any told ya so’s, either. 

Oh come now, an opportunity to poke me over our old Geno > Fitz debates?  Lol, you couldn't pass that up.

Just now, slats said:

Yeah, we’ve seen the abridged, one day version of that with Becton this week. Really don’t think there are many people waiting in the weeds to pimp Geno, though. 

Eh, we'll see.  If he plays well.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Oh come now, an opportunity to poke me over our old Geno > Fitz debates?  Lol, you couldn't pass that up.

Be nice if there was some alternative universe device where I could see what Geno might’ve done with that team (I’d use it all the time, lol), but no, doesn’t matter. Vinny Testaverde making it to the AFCCG with the Jets didn’t make him a better QB in Tampa. 

But I root for the guys wearing the uniform, and the guys who used to, too, unless they’re total dicks like Jamal Adams. I’ll be happy if Darnold beats out Mayfield, too, but I don’t expect it and also don’t care (and actually like Mayfield). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, slats said:

I’ll be happy for Geno if he starts and does well, I have no hate for him. But there won’t be any told ya so’s. 

Yeah, we’ve seen the abridged, one day version of that with Becton this week. Really don’t think there are many people waiting in the weeds to pimp Geno, though. 

Geno is likely to be what he always has been. Some flash plays -- maybe even a flash game -- following by train wreck(s).

• Post of the Week 1

18 hours ago, slats said:

I’ll be happy for Geno if he starts and does well, I have no hate for him. But there won’t be any told ya so’s. 

Serious question — why will you be happy for him? He’s neither a good QB nor a good teammate nor is there any evidence that he is a good person (and plenty that he is not).

18 hours ago, slats said:

Them weeds are thick. Lots of creepy crawlies are lurking in there…

• Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

Serious question — why will you be happy for him? He’s neither a good QB nor a good teammate nor is there any evidence that he is a good person (and plenty that he is not).

Lol, I know the hate you have for Geno is visceral, I don’t share it. I have empathy for him. I know he brought most of it upon himself, but I also don’t think he’s a terrible person. His Seattle teammates don’t seem to have a problem with him. 

And also, let’s not pretend that I expect him to do well. I don’t. I share your concerns when it comes to his mental toughness. But again, I’d be happy for him if it looked like he could overcome those issues. 

• Upvote 2