Joe Flacco WILL lead the 2022 NY Jets to the playoffs!

Bronx

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Joe Flacco is obviously terrible and wouldn’t win anything, but one wonders how this current Jets team would look with a baseline-level starter like Jimmy Garoppolo playing here for a year. Given the relative success guys like Josh Johnson and Mike White has last last year with a lesser supporting cast, it’s not unreasonable to think Jimmy G gets this team to .500.

The 2021 Jets did not have garbage weaponz. It was loading them with garbage bullets.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

They’d be building statues honoring this man if he was ever a Jet, and he’d deserve it.

Eagles must want a 1st round pick or Pete is a dunsicle for not getting Minshew on his team, stat.

Geno Smith, the biggest toolshed currently in the NFL, will not only suck, but he will suck the life out of that fanbase and city.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

Eagles must want a 1st round pick or Pete is a dunsicle for not getting Minshew on his team, stat.

Geno Smith, the biggest toolshed currently in the NFL, will not only suck, but he will suck the life out of that fanbase and city.

Seems pretty clear that the Seahawks are tanking for Stroud, but it’s also true that the Eagles think they can compete and aren’t 100% sure Jalen Hurts is the guy. Minshew is the only other viable QB on that roster.

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems pretty clear that the Seahawks are tanking for Stroud, but it’s also true that the Eagles think they can compete and aren’t 100% sure Jalen Hurts is the guy. Minshew is the only other viable QB on that roster.

Absent a trade, I would be surprised if Lock doesn't start week 1. Sure as toast landing jelly-side down, Geno Smith will commit another braindead act that torpedoes his last chance to be an NFL starter.

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Absent a trade, I would be surprised if Lock doesn't start week 1. Sure as toast landing jelly-side down, Geno Smith will commit another braindead act that torpedoes his last chance to be an NFL starter.

You would think so. The analytics community thinks Lock is a lost cause, but I don’t think the Seahawks want to win anyway. I can’t imagine an outcome more depressing than starting your season with Geno at QB

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You would think so. The analytics community thinks Lock is a lost cause, but I don’t think the Seahawks want to win anyway. I can’t imagine an outcome more depressing than starting your season with Geno at QB

My favorite comment to the “Geno arrested for suspicion of drunk driving” thread over on the Seahawks board:

8438AECD-1FA7-40A9-B6B3-7DE428FBC7CB.thumb.jpeg.e3d6cfe62b20871378aedf7fbb569151.jpeg

• Haha 3

The real topic is - If Zach Wilson stinks like last year, will the Jets make a move early or sacrifice the rest of the team's improvement ?
I was thinking the real question is ... when Zach shows continued and undeniable improvement will the Naysayers come around ... but i already know the answer to that question.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, male4213 said:

The real topic is - If Zach Wilson stinks like last year, will the Jets make a move early or sacrifice the rest of the team's improvement ?

The latter, the Jets are the type of team that lives on false hope. The ONE TIME they didn't was 2002. That year Vinny was the starter and was not getting it obviously done 1-3 for the first quarter of the season, while we had a first round draft pick and potential franchise QB sitting there, waiting for his shot. Jets fans were done with Testeverde and wanted to see "the Kid". After an opening Day win against the Bills in which Chad Morton had two KO return TDs ( 98 and 96 yards) The Jets went completely flat losing the next 3 games 44-7 28-3 and 24-3 then Herman Edwards did the unthinkable for the 5th game of the season he went with an untested visual rookie for the next game against Kansa City.  (re-cap below) Other than that year the team NEVER pulls the plug on a guy, and one wonders if Saleh would do the same if we come out of this opening quartet of games against the AFC North in similar fashion.  

That was the game that I flew up for Jets vs Chiefs and Chad Pennington's 1st start. We lost that game because Herm's defense had no way to stop Priest Holmes especially in the passing game. John Hall put us ahead 25-22 with a FG and there were 3 minutes left. KC started that drive at their own 22 so 78 yards to go all we needed was ONE STOP. Holmes proceeded to catch 4 passes for 53 yards  and 2 runs for 19. The guy single-handedly beat us 

3 hours ago, male4213 said:

I hope not. I want him in every game no matter how putrid. By the end of the year we will know with 98% confidence who he is and can be.

• Sympathy 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 7:45 PM, T0mShane said:

No better QB to lead them to tankathon glory than good ol' Geno.

At least they have a plan.

On 7/30/2022 at 8:25 AM, Dunnie said:

I was thinking the real question is ... when Zach shows continued and undeniable improvement will the Naysayers come around ... but i already know the answer to that question.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

See Becton from last year.  Zach probably doesn't play a snap this year.   It wouldn't surprise me if he goes on IR for the year.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

he can barely pass to wide open receivers...what are you talking about? guy is going to be benched game 2

I have no clue. This started as a sarcastic thread before Zach was even injured. 

I root for the Jets as a team. I don't give a sh*t about the QB honestly, as long as he can manage the team efficiently. 

No way the minor knee surgery he had should keep him out this long.

Stick a fork in Zack Wilson he is done. What a disastrous pick.

I think JD and Saleh realize this guys is injury prone, in over his head and might get killed out there. 

I am rooting (praying) for Flacco to deliver 10 wins and make this season enjoyable.

• Sympathy 1

On 7/29/2022 at 11:20 PM, jgb said:

My favorite comment to the “Geno arrested for suspicion of drunk driving” thread over on the Seahawks board:

8438AECD-1FA7-40A9-B6B3-7DE428FBC7CB.thumb.jpeg.e3d6cfe62b20871378aedf7fbb569151.jpeg

Reminds me of the Bob Uecker joke:

"One time, I got pulled over at 4 AM.  I was fined $75 for being intoxicated and $400 for being with the Phillies."

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bronx said:

I have no clue. This started as a sarcastic thread before Zach was even injured. 

I root for the Jets as a team. I don't give a sh*t about the QB honestly, as long as he can manage the team efficiently. 

Im with you! one day god willing we will have such a QB again!

the only good qb i ever really seen play for the jets was brett favre for half a season or fitzmagic  all the rest hav ebeen scrubs...

• Upvote 1