Jets sign Kwon Alexander

JetsFanatic

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

1 year deal two days after Camp started.  My guess is that Alexander started getting a bit nervous and took a deal.  I'm sure he'll be paid well but this is a stopgap, short-term investment by JD for the 2022 season only.

Wouldn't be surprised if CJ and Kwon play well this year.... and that both are gone in 2023.  

This says it all right here.  Is Kwon and upgrade over what we have?  Yes.  Was he worth anything more then a measly 1 year deal, no.

Joe D does it again.  You play for the Jets, you play on our terms.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I rather see another Joe Douglas nipples' pic. That would get me more excited @Joe W. Namath than this signing.  

LB, SS and swing OT are still the weaknesses of this team.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Listen, its a slight improvement over what we have.  But its not like we now are going to be beasts against the run or anything becasue of this move.  

Joe will address LB early in next years draft.  Kwon gives us a year of service.

This is nothing to do cartwheels about.  But we got him at the right price and hes obviously better then what we currently have.

Its another JD win.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

1 year deal two days after Camp started.  My guess is that Alexander started getting a bit nervous and took a deal.  I'm sure he'll be paid well but this is a stopgap, short-term investment by JD for the 2022 season only.

Wouldn't be surprised if CJ and Kwon play well this year.... and that both are gone in 2023.  

He was deciding the saints wanted him back. 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure of that (re: Kwon leaving after this year).  If he stays healthy and plays well, he’s young enough where he could parlay a good season into another 1-2 year deal.

CJ is probably gone though, if I had to guess.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I wouldn’t be so sure of that (re: Kwon leaving after this year).  If he stays healthy and plays well, he’s young enough where he could parlay a good season into another 1-2 year deal.

CJ is probably gone though, if I had to guess.

Certainly could be the case that Kwon plays well, wants to stay and the Jets want to extend him.  We'll see.  One thing is for sure though, this team really needs to add a young LB in the Draft.  A 2nd/3rd round guy for the future is what they need.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Or the Jets got a little worried about how the lb corps was looking 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Certainly could be the case that Kwon plays well, wants to stay and the Jets want to extend him.  We'll see.  One thing is for sure though, this team really needs to add a young LB in the Draft.  A 2nd/3rd round guy for the future is what they need.

Team must be in pretty good shape if a primary concern is the state of their 2023 LBs. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

You guys think im some homer.  Im not.  Its this type of stuff that Joe D has been doing for 3 years that shows me hes the best in the game.  Fans on this board were panicking.  "Throw Kwon a few extra million dollars" you said.

Joe D stayed patient, called Kwon's bluff and got him for pennies on the dollar.

These are the small things that jet fans are missing.  They just look at wins and losses and say, "Joe D and Saleh suck.  blah blah blah.'

This Kwon Alexander move doesnt mean much, but it means everything.  It shows a pattern of behavior, a uncanny amount of patience and the discipline to not overspend even though it would be easier to overspend.

We have a generational GM my friends.  Thats why this next decade plus of football is going to be beyond our wildest dreams.

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Nice signing.  Not likely to have a huge impact, but we are so inexperienced at the LB position that it can't hurt to add a veteran.  And hope that one of the kids emerges and keeps him on the bench.

Kwon Alexander isnt Ray Lewis, thats why he was available on July 29th for likely under $3 million.  He is a solid veteran who can cover, knows the defense and had 3.5 sacks in 12 games last year.  Even if he isnt the "starter" he provides great depth if Quincy or CJ misses time.  Great signing at a spot we need help at.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1