Jamal Adams Out Indefinitely

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

But see - I am. I’m saying that the balance of opportunity cost and resulting player makes Adams a bad pick, but not the worst we’ve ever made. 

I don't think anyone is arguing that Adams was "the worst pick ever" in value of the player versus value of the pick.

I think what they are saying is the absolute value differential between Jamal and Mahomes/Watson is the largest delta in Jets draft history. Admittedly, it's based on the shaky assumption that Macc would've taken one of the QBs if he didn't pick Adams... it's just as likely he would've taken Marshon Lattimore who was also in the "best player in the draft" discussion. 

Of course, Lattimore plays an impact position and is a legit stud on a HOF trajectory... but still not as valuable as Mahomes/Watson.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don't think anyone is arguing that Adams was "the worst pick ever" in value of the player versus value of the pick.

I think what they are saying is the absolute value differential between Jamal and Mahomes/Watson is the largest delta in Jets draft history. Admittedly, it's based on the shaky assumption that Macc would've taken one of the QBs if he didn't pick Adams... it's just as likely he would've taken Marshon Lattimore who was also in the "best player in the draft" discussion. 

Of course, Lattimore plays an impact position and is a legit stud on a HOF trajectory... but still not as valuable as Mahomes/Watson.

I mean, 80 made a blanket statement that Adams is the worst first round pick in franchise history - I simply don’t agree with that and don’t think it’s THAT close, all things considered.

I would agree with the premise that the drafting from 2016-2018 was as bad as any three year stretch in franchise history 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I mean, 80 made a blanket statement that Adams is the worst first round pick in franchise history - I simply don’t agree with that and don’t think it’s THAT close, all things considered.

I would agree with the premise that the drafting from 2016-2018 was as bad as any three year stretch in franchise history 

It's a nuanced position that required discussion to qualify the details. I enjoyed reading the back and forth. Thanks to you both.

• Upvote 2

Adams madden rating higher than any Jet and he would be first team all pro in Salehs hybrid role. All these wonderful trades and the jets can’t stop a nosebleed and nobody expects them to get out of last place this year.  

The guy that deserved all the venom was Darnold, but you all followed the troll  

now you are so obsessed just the mention of the word safety and your eyes spasm

enjoy camp lol

Adams madden rating higher than any Jet and he would be first team all pro in Salehs hybrid role. All these wonderful trades and the jets can’t stop a nosebleed and nobody expects them to get out of last place this year.  

enjoy camp lol

Jamal .. is that you ?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Larz said:

enjoy camp lol

Hybrid role? He is one of the worst pass defenders in the league.

And his sacks are a function of pure volume. 

He is good, no more 

• Upvote 1

Remember when the pro-Adams take here was that Pete Carroll "knows how to use his Safeties", a la Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas, meaning that you could already start fitting him for his HOF jacket?

Now all of a sudden, @Larz posits that Jamal would thrive in Robert Saleh's system.  

If these pro-Jamal people all didn't seem to be such douches and didn't act so smug about their horrid takes when Adams was a Jet, I might actually feel sorry for them for all their flailing.  Instead...

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Remember when the pro-Adams take here was that Pete Carroll "knows how to use his Safeties", a la Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas, meaning that you could already start fitting him for his HOF jacket?

Now all of a sudden, @Larz posits that Jamal would thrive in Robert Saleh's system.  

If these pro-Jamal people all didn't seem to be such douches and didn't act so smug about their horrid takes when Adams was a Jet, I might actually feel sorry for them for all their flailing.  Instead...

Imagine holding the beliefs that 1. This safety is a generational talent, BUT, 2. He has never played in a system that allows those generational skills to flourish, but hoo boy, watch out when gets into that elusive, mysterious system.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's amazing how quickly people go from Kujo-style mouth-foaming defense of a player to professorial scolds reminding us that said player is "no longer a Jet" and admonishing us to "just move on already."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Larz said:

Out 2 weeks, starting week 1. 

back to becton trashing!

I was just perusing Seahawks.net and most have a clear understanding of what a bad deal it was but there is a contingent that will defend Jamal Adams to the death.

It’s all the familiar excuses we used defending Jets players the last decade. 

“We’re not using him properly…”

”Remember that one game…”

”It’s not his fault we gave up so much for him…”

”His injury history is not a big deal…”

And I’m really sorry to say this but the Becton threads have the same feel.  That we’re defending a guy who has already shown how things are gonna be. 

If I wanted to wax philosophical:   When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Maybe because the 1st round pick they got for Adams this year turned out to be a high one

Just looked it up. SO they included first and second from the next year as well so yeah the amount of equity is crazy and higher than the Jamal trade by a lot/

I was just perusing Seahawks.net and most have a clear understanding of what a bad deal it was but there is a contingent that will defend Jamal Adams to the death.
It’s all the familiar excuses we used defending Jets players the last decade. 

“We’re not using him properly…”
”Remember that one game…”
”It’s not his fault we gave up so much for him…”
”His injury history is not a big deal…”
And I’m really sorry to say this but the Becton threads have the same feel.  That we’re defending a guy who has already shown how things are gonna be. 

If I wanted to wax philosophical:   When someone shows you who they are, believe them.
This is a good point ... I think what complicates it with guys like Becton is the fact that its their first job and people liken it to them being a neophyte in a career ... deserving of time.to grow into role. Where this falls apart is the salary they are gifted out of school.

Regardless we hope they develop skills and traits to be not only successful, but dominate in their field. In Becton's case it's obvious that part of his value was gifted at birth ... tapping the potential of that gift... that is the bet and hope.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:38 PM, Larz said:

enjoy camp lol

No chance he is all pro in the hybrid roll, zero none not a hope.

The only way jamal is an all pro is if he blitzes every single play and gets 8 sacks.

He cant cover at all, he cannot take on blocks to make plays, he takes terrible angles.

If he is given no responsibilities other than running forward on every single play he will make a few splash plays.

All pro Seattle jamal lead them to one of the worst defenses in the league who got torched to earth due to no safety help on any passing plays.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:03 PM, T0mShane said:

Seahawks open up with Broncos, Niners, Falcons. I’m guessing Jamal will wait until they’re 0-3 before shutting it down for the season, then he’ll demand a trade next offseason when Carroll and Schneider get fired. 

What is it with Jamal and his fingers. Now he gets one caught in a player’s helmet? He’s as snake bitten as Richard Gere getting a gerbil stuck up his butt. Man, we dodged a Gatling gun of bullets ridding ourselves of this wannabe.