If this was Becton, this forum would be on fire

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don't care.  I'm already entirely sick of the endless Becton talk and obsession.  

Did Becton sh*t this morning?  What color was it?  Does it indicate a healthy guy, or a lazy fat man's gut?  Was it firm?  Wet?  Does he wipe right handed?  Left handed?  Both at once like a wierdo?  What time did he sh*t?  Early?  Late?  

I mean FFS, just stop.  Not aimed at you persoanlly Cowbell, more in general.  SMH.

Highly drafted players get a lot of attention, why are you acting like it’s new?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

No, but he's had to take a knee and pull himself from the field more than once due to a lack of conditioning. Obviously his safety comes first, but that he needs to pull himself as a professional athlete on the first day speaks volumes when practice, particularly early in camp has been watered down (he didn't walk into "two a days" and need to take a knee multiple times while running hills in scorching heat during the PM after a long AM session). Walk into your job unprepared, particularly if you work at a high level, and tell me how that goes. It generally isn't a good thing even if the boss doesn't openly tear you a new one for not being ready to get your job done. It also speaks to who you are as a professional, and your commitment to get better past cliche answers at an interview. Having said all that I hope he succeeds as he's a Jet.

I think after being away from anything for a year, they aren't  going to hit the ground running. We are also experiencing  a heat wave right now. We only got a break from it on Wed I think, otherwise it has been straight 90's and humidity.  Sure, everyone has to practice in the same conditions but considering what MB has been going through, the fact that he got gassed should suprise nobody

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Did Becton sh*t this morning?  What color was it?  Does it indicate a healthy guy, or a lazy fat man's gut?  Was it firm?  Wet?  Does he wipe right handed?  Left handed?  Both at once like a wierdo?  What time did he sh*t?  Early?  Late?  

Bro, you can’t leave us hanging like that.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Highly drafted players get a lot of attention, why are you acting like it’s new?

What is happening here with Becton (and the NY Sports media) isn't "attention", it's "obsession".  No wonder the kid is pushing back on social media, it's almost creepy at this point.

It's the start of the third day of practice, they haven't even put on pads as yet.  Maybe, just maybe, we all should chill out a little bit and see what actually happens for a bit before spurting our bowels, anger, panic and more all over the board. 

If the guy misses opening day, or plays like poop in week 1, great, I'll happily join in on the criticism. 

Till then...we talk'in bout practice.  Practice.  We talkin bout practice.  What we talk'in bout here?  Practice.

(Thanks Mr. Iverson for the gift that keeps on giving, lol).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

History matters. If I have an employee who calls out sick every week for 30 weeks in a row, its a much bigger deal than an employee who is calling out for the first time in their life.

Calls out sick every week for 30 weeks in a row?! I'm more concerned about you or your firm's personnel policy at that point.

51 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Those pelts don't  carry weight.  He was a backup

He won't  be in the league based on what? Last seasons injury was bad luck. Yeah he missed games as a rookie. So did Carter and Moore. Are they also going to be out of the league 7 years from now? 

Wow, you are missing the point...IS HE A BACKUP NOW???  HOW DID HE PLAY LAST SEASON?  I'm done with this pissing contest.

59 minutes ago, Warfish said:

There's Warfish talking sh*t again........

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

pile GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

I don't care.  I'm already entirely sick of the endless Becton talk and obsession.  

I mean FFS, just stop.  Not aimed at you persoanlly Cowbell, more in general.  SMH.

👍

This post is a...

image.png.ec15ef85fe670549bff704a2892f03f8.png

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Come on, dude.

Becton has quickly developed a pattern of being unreliable (injured, out of shape, or both). Fant hasn’t. You obviously know this. 

Fant has gotten hurt every year of his career. i don’t know how that isn’t a pattern

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bgivs21 said:

Not to pick on you but your post highlights the ridiculous narrative surrounding Becton. 

You're re conparing Becton and Fants availability but Fant missed the entire 2015 season and since joining the Jets has missed 2 games in 2020 and 1 game in 2021. Yet no one talks about Fant. 

Fant was a low risk high reward FA signing who has significantly outplayed his contract.  Becton was a first round draft pick who happened to be taken ahead of Whifts, who was as close to a sure thing at RT, because of his higher ceiling.   Becton has underperformed his draft position and to date Whirfs has made the pick of Becton look stupid.  

Fant was an outright homerun.  Becton to date was a nice double where he unfortunately got picked off at second getting an Ice cream cone between pitches.  

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Fant was a low risk high reward FA signing who has significantly outplayed his contract.  Becton was a first round draft pick who happened to be taken ahead of Whifts, who was as close to a sure thing at RT, because of his higher ceiling.   Becton has underperformed his draft position and to date Whirfs has made the pick of Becton look stupid.  

Fant was an outright homerun.  Becton to date was a nice double where he unfortunately got picked off at second getting an Ice cream cone between pitches.  

He pretty much got 10 mill  a year  and sucked Year 1  and got hurt,  sucked year 2 before being switched to Lt. Finished decent still got hurt..  Im not sure he outplayed his deal . Would love strong year from him this year. To feel like that. 

2 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Wow, you are missing the point...IS HE A BACKUP NOW???  HOW DID HE PLAY LAST SEASON?  I'm done with this pissing contest.

Last season was the only season he played at a high level. Becton played at a high level as a rookie. 

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

What is happening here with Becton (and the NY Sports media) isn't "attention", it's "obsession".  No wonder the kid is pushing back on social media, it's almost creepy at this point.

It's the start of the third day of practice, they haven't even put on pads as yet.  Maybe, just maybe, we all should chill out a little bit and see what actually happens for a bit before spurting our bowels, anger, panic and more all over the board. 

If the guy misses opening day, or plays like poop in week 1, great, I'll happily join in on the criticism. 

Till then...we talk'in bout practice.  Practice.  We talkin bout practice.  What we talk'in bout here?  Practice.

(Thanks Mr. Iverson for the gift that keeps on giving, lol).

You are right… media has never obsessed over a high draft pick for a NY yeah before… my bad

54 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

He pretty much got 10 mill  a year  and sucked Year 1  and got hurt,  sucked year 2 before being switched to Lt. Finished decent still got hurt..  Im not sure he outplayed his deal . Would love strong year from him this year. To feel like that. 

He started 14 games at RT in year 1 and 15 at Left Tackle in year 2.   He was signed to play LT year 1 which is his natural position and was moved over to RT when we drafted Becton.  

He has a 1 million dollar cap hit if we cut him this year.  He was a great signing and has been a steal.  They guy was a top 10 LT in the NFL last year. 

If he makes the roster this year he will have  made 27 million for 3 years.  

To give you some perspective.  Becton has made 13 million in the same two years and started 14 games.  

59 minutes ago, ECURB said:

You are right… media has never obsessed over a high draft pick for a NY yeah before… my bad

Hey.  Pssst.  I heard he just ate some roast turkey on wheat bread.  WHEAT, can you believe that?  Who the F likes Wheat bread? 

Obvious bust is obvious.  No All-Pro eats Wheat bread.

5 hours ago, slats said:

His current salary is good for the 20th highest paid LT in the league. He may not love that, but it’s certainly fair. Hold outs are expensive in this CBA, that’s why you don’t see them. If he wants to get paid, his best course of action will be to get on the field and prove that last year’s good season wasn’t a fluke. 

Completely understand but he’s also at major risk. Same reason Metcalf and Samuel weren’t practicing. Easy for us fans to say but if he had a major injury you’re talking about missing out on 50/60 guaranteed million. 

6 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

History matters. If I have an employee who calls out sick every week for 30 weeks in a row, its a much bigger deal than an employee who is calling out for the first time in their life.

You might want to take a look at Fants history

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Come on, dude.

Becton has quickly developed a pattern of being unreliable (injured, out of shape, or both). Fant hasn’t. You obviously know this. 

Which George Fant do you think is a Jet?  He’s never finished a season, this is his second knee injury.