Hey Larry.... LARRY!... Happy Birthday (Lith)

So the forum says this stud, [mention=28279]Lith[/mention] turns 41 today... how about a round for the Modliest mod on the team
Unrelated, but at the same time the single greatest analog for life on the forums. 

[/url]  

Thanks, Chris. 41? The forum is misinformed.

41 was a long time ago. Before Gase, and Maccagnan. Before IK and Geno. Before Sanchez running into Brandon Moore’s butt. Before Favre’s torn bicep and Doug Briens missed FGs. Before Chad ever started a game.

Yup, I am a lot older than 41.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Lith is one of my favorites across the various boards in the 15-20 years I’ve been on these. No doubt.  But honestly had no idea his name is Larry.
Larry Bird?
Happy Birthday, my man.

Thanks, Hawk.

Not exactly Larry Bird. But my last name derives from the Polish for woodpecker. And a woodpecker is a bird, so it’s not that far off.

But it sounds better in Polish.
  • Upvote 1

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

A little bittersweet this year. My dad and I shared a birthday. He was July 29, 1928 and I came along 33 years later. Dad passed a few months ago, so this is my first birthday without him. I am in Iowa with my kids, grandson and my mom. It will be a nice weekend. But someone is missing.

• Sympathy 8

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Lith is one of my favorites across the various boards in the 15-20 years I’ve been on these. No doubt.  But honestly had no idea his name is Larry.

Larry Bird?

Larry Munson of course!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Munson

Larry Munson

Lawrence Harry Munson (September 28, 1922 – November 20, 2011) was an American sports announcer and talk-show host based out of the U.S. city of Athens, Georgia. He was best known for handling radio play-by-play of University of Georgia Bulldogs football games from 1966 to 2008. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Larry Munson of course!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Munson
Larry Munson
Lawrence Harry Munson (September 28, 1922 – November 20, 2011) was an American sports announcer and talk-show host based out of the U.S. city of Athens, Georgia. He was best known for handling radio play-by-play of University of Georgia Bulldogs football games from 1966 to 2008. 

Are you suggesting that I might be a guy who has been gone for 10 years. And would have turned 100 this year had he lived.

That’s like taking a hobnail boot to the face. (Google it. One of the greatest calls in college football history courtesy of Mr Munson.)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Lith said:

Are you suggesting that I might be a guy who has been gone for 10 years. And would have turned 100 this year had he lived.

That’s like taking a hobnail boot to the face. (Google it. One of the greatest calls in college football history courtesy of Mr Munson.)

Haha no I'm saying you were named in honor of Larry Munson!

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes.

A little bittersweet this year. My dad and I shared a birthday. He was July 29, 1928 and I came along 33 years later. Dad passed a few months ago, so this is my first birthday without him. I am in Iowa with my kids, grandson and my mom. It will be a nice weekend. But someone is missing.

We share that unfortunate experience this year.

I lost my father last November.  This has been a hard year of firsts without my pop. 

@Lith  If you were still interested, I'd love to meet up in Crystal Lake or McHenry for a game or two this year. 

happy birthday! 

@T0mShane my birthday is September 24th and there better be a thread. 

• Sympathy 1

We share that unfortunate experience this year.
I lost my father last November.  This has been a hard year of firsts without my pop. 
[mention=28279]Lith[/mention]  If you were still interested, I'd love to meet up in Crystal Lake or McHenry for a game or two

Thanks, and please accept my condolences.

Absolutely. I would love to meet for a game during the season. Let’s touch base as the season starts.