Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

2 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Mostly nothing, but Mims looks different in the 1 second running clip. Becton at the end.  1 min 26 , 1 min 15 is guys scratching giving each other fives and standing.

But I still loved every second.  It’s been a long off season lol.  

Now for the extended 30 min cut lol. 

10 min coach:

Love the extra padded helmets. About time. Mims looked super explosive. I have stated and still maintain that there was some illness or condition with Mims that the Jets are covering for that was much more serious than food poisoning and Covid. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I have stated and still maintain that there was some illness or condition with Mims that the Jets are covering for that was much more serious than food poisoning and Covid. 

I know what it was. (I got an inside guy) It was a condition that also led to depression. Video below:

5 hours ago, slats said:

They don’t want to pay Fant starting LT money, and Becton’s camp will be unhappy if he’s relegated to the right side for longer than this one season. A lot would have to go wrong for Becton and (perhaps more importantly) right for Fant for the Jets to consider extending him. 

Plan A for JD and Saleh has to be hope that Max Mitchell can win starting RT job in 2023, move Becton back to LT and let Fant test free agency for a comp pick. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Plan A for JD and Saleh has to be hope that Max Mitchell can win starting RT job in 2023, move Becton back to LT and let Fant test free agency for a comp pick. 

Fant is getting an extension for anther 2 years and is our LT for the next few years.  Thats the only plan.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Quiet around here tonight.  Almost as if most realize their whining and crying arent going to fly around here anymore.

We’ve been on the same page  >90% of the off-season.  But UGH.  

Let Jets fans enjoy the Jets and don’t poison the well as you acuse others nearly nonstop lol.  

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Quiet around here tonight.  Almost as if most realize their whining and crying arent going to fly around here anymore.

Pull in the reins a little, we’ve had one pad less practice. Maybe we should play a game or two before we fit everyone with championship rings.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

We’ve been on the same page  >90% of the off-season.  But UGH.  

Let Jets fans enjoy the Jets and don’t poison the well as you acuse others nearly nonstop lol.  

Ur right.  I need to leave well enough alone.  Rest up everyone.  Big day tomorrow.  Would love to get some breece hall news.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Fant is getting an extension for anther 2 years and is our LT for the next few years.  Thats the only plan.

Doubt JD's willing to pay Fant top market LT money.   I guess it comes down to Fant's asking price...

4 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Doubt JD's willing to pay Fant top market LT money.   I guess it comes down to Fant's asking price...

It all depends.  If Fant will sign a contract like Corey Davis and Carl Lawson where he can be cut w/o penalty after 2 years, they Joe can sweeten the deal to make it look good.  

Its all about not locking yourself in long term and having it hurting the cap 3, 4 or 5 years down the road.

I think Fant will get top 10 LT money, but we will be able to get out of it after 2 years.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

It all depends.  If Fant will sign a contract like Corey Davis and Carl Lawson where he can be cut w/o penalty after 2 years, they Joe can sweeten the deal to make it look good.  

Its all about not locking yourself in long term and having it hurting the cap 3, 4 or 5 years down the road.

I think Fant will get top 10 LT money, but we will be able to get out of it after 2 years.

JD has done a good job on creating contracts that are good for both sides 

6 hours ago, Drums said:

Haha no after last year, he is my least favorite Jet right now but that can easily go away if he catches the ball more. 

Welcome to the club…. Only he gonna stay there for me as he has been since the day he signed 

You like that new map ?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Anything on Breece Hall or Jermaine Johnson today?

The beat was all over the place with their coverage today.  I’m seeing tweets, just now, from lesser known guys on Twitter with more details, but less exposure, hours after practice ended.

People disliked DJ, but the dude was very good at covering every single play.  Cimini had 4 tweets throughout practice.  4, lmfao. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The beat was all over the place with their coverage today.  I’m seeing tweets, just now, from lesser known guys on Twitter with more details, but less exposure, hours after practice ended.

People disliked DJ, but the dude was very good at covering every single play.  Cimini had 4 tweets throughout practice.  4, lmfao. 

Which guys, so we can all follow them?

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

The Beat writers need to focus their coverage on the rookies. It feels like all they want to do is see Becton with his shirt off. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

Which guys, so we can all follow them?

Not exactly the best example of “small” but Al Iannazzone was, far and away, the best follow for today.  No agenda driven tweets with snark, and he even mentioned a throw to Tarik Black that I didn’t see anyone else mention.  When practice is open to fans, I would highly recommend @Willpa11 as well, based off of last year’s coverage.  Especially if you like media such as photos or videos.

• Upvote 4

Heard Wilson say today he doesn’t he think he had any mechanical problems last year.

that’s a bad answer.

The 1st step towards getting better is identifying / admitting you you have a problem.

his footwork and pocket awareness / poise were pisspoor as a rookie

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 4

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

People disliked DJ, but the dude was very good at covering every single play.

Absolutely!! DJ easily provided the most information. Everyone made fun of some of the things he said but he was definitely the best.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Heard Wilson say today he doesn’t he think he had any mechanical problems last year.

that’s a bad answer.

The 1st step towards getting better is identifying / admitting you you have a problem.

There were undoubtedly some poor mechanics at time last year.  But that can happen for a wide variety of reasons.  One of the reasons he gave was not being 100% with the offense, i.e. "First time running a lot of plays against actual NFL defenses".

I'm just going to think that the kid knows more about how and where he has to improve than we do.

That question and answer definitely peaked my interest as well though.

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

There were undoubtedly some poor mechanics at time last year.  But that can happen for a wide variety of reasons.  One of the reasons he gave was not being 100% with the offense, i.e. "First time running a lot of plays against actual NFL defenses".

I'm just going to think that the kid knows more about how and where he has to improve than we do.

That question and answer definitely peaked my interest as well though.

Him saying he didn’t know where to go with the ball Is a fine answer.  He was late with his feet and it all fell apart on those throws from that.   In his process knowing where to go with the ball will fix that.  Good and accountable answer from the man in the arena.  

Yesterday was a rough day for Phill1c.  That’s a silly complaint.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jethead said:

Don't understand those who disagree with this. Fant is only 30 and still getting better. I'm more interested in an understudy at Center. 

Fant has been a backup his entire career. He started here only because all the rest of our OL should have been working construction.  He needs to show last season wasn't  a fluke. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

that’s a bad answer.

Nah.

Zach Wilson has been plenty hard on himself.

Mechanics is a different question.  You listed Pocket Awareness as one (which is not mechanics - nor is it true)

HIs footwork was a problem, but it didn't seem to be mechanical as much as it was just off on timing.  If he said he had no issues with the timing of the offense, accuracy and that he wasn't thinking too much I would agree.  Those were his problems...

He may or may not fix them - but he has clearly and often accepted his problems. 

• Upvote 2