Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

16 minutes ago, heymangold said:

it honestly sounds like zach is off to a good start this year

Pretty good.  Today seemed to be up and down.  He only had three or four incomplete passes by the end of practice, however two of them were intercepted.  Multiple TDs in 11 - 11 drills are always nice though.  I’m curious to see who the receiver on the 2nd INT was.  There was a miscommunication with Calvin Jackson on day one of camp that led to a diving pick by Reed and if it was him again, that dude is dangerously close to finding himself in the first round of cuts.  This system is very predicated on communication and knowing where you need to be as a WR.  As we saw with Mims last year, if you can’t get that down, you’re in trouble.

• Upvote 3

These no contact or barely contact practices are great for learning plays,  but this no pads stuff is a joke.

When is the first padded practice with actual hitting?

Saleh Quote "The acclimation period"  this is not on Saleh but the CBA.  They need more padded practices.

As some people here would say,  its flag football,  until they strap the pads on.

Just now, Saul Goodman said:

Lots of back and forth between the offense and defense so far this TC. Better than one side dominating the other. 

Yea, exactly. You want to hear both sides making plays. QBs sound like they have played pretty well. 

The biggest early concern would be the OL, but it also takes the OL a lot of time to gel and get their sh*t together. As long as they start the season faster than they did last year. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Yea, exactly. You want to hear both sides making plays. QBs sound like they have played pretty well. 

The biggest early concern would be the OL, but it also takes the OL a lot of time to gel and get their sh*t together. As long as they start the season faster than they did last year. 

They started last year?  I thought we were still waiting...

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m going to guess that Saleh put Becton at RT right away because they have viable insurance policies at RT if/when Becton gets disinterested and/or hurt. Becton, to put it kindly, is deeply unreliable, and Saleh isn’t going to let him compromise the entire program just because he was a high draft pick once. It’s worth remembering that Saleh has never seen a good version of Becton and he has zero incentive to invest a whole bunch of energy into rehabilitating him. Good on Becton for dropping a bunch of weight, but going on a crash diet isn’t going to automatically boost your cardio if you’re not doing the work. IMO, you’ll be able to predict Becton’s future by the size and length of Fant’s pending extension because if Douglas commits to locking up his OLT, it’ll take an All-Pro season by Becton to justify picking up the fifth year option. I’d bet a few bucks on next year’s opening day tackles being Fant and Max Mitchell. 

Strongly disagree here. Imo, Fant is on the left side primarily because he gets little to no push in the running game and is simply not comfortable playing on the right side. Becton could be better on both sides of the line, but the difference is just far more glaring on the right. Fant is at least solid in pass protection. This is why Fant is next to the all pro and Becton is next to the second year player. Becton is also easily the backup LT. They’re actually in better shape at LT as a result. 

We’ll see on Fant’s extension if/when it comes. Saleh may have no ties to Becton, but he was JD’s first draft pick ever and you have to think he’d love to resign him. I wouldn’t resign Fant. I see him as a liability in the run game. If Becton has a bounce back year, I move him back to the left side and replace the RT with a mauler. Even as a backup, Fant is limited as strictly a LT. I’d want a more physical player as my swing tackle. 

I get that the Becton is eating himself out of the league crowd is having a little difficult time with him being a full participant on the first day of training camp, and that narratives need to be adjusted, though. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

These no contact or barely contact practices are great for learning plays,  but this no pads stuff is a joke.

When is the first padded practice with actual hitting?

Saleh Quote "The acclimation period"  this is not on Saleh but the CBA.  They need more padded practices.

As some people here would say,  its flag football,  until they strap the pads on.

I believe the first full pads practice is Monday.