Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

So you believe they go out onto the field, throw a few passes and then go home?  

Commenting on the scrimmage this weekend. Wilson should be getting 90% of the QB reps in live action where the QB cant be hit. Giving equal reps to Flacco and White makes zero sense.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Commenting on the scrimmage this weekend. Wilson should be getting 90% of the QB reps in live action where the QB cant be hit. Giving equal reps to Flacco and White makes zero sense.

Yeah, no one agrees.  
It makes sense because camp isn’t planned out to wear players out.  
If he has problems it’s not going to be because he threw 8 passes instead of 16.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

So the jets realize that the color black absorbs sun heat ??? Wtf would you make the guardian caps black ???

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

We’ve already been over this: white gets dirty, it looks terrible. You can’t play football wearing dirty uniforms. 

Probably a decision made by the marketing/fashion department.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Tell me how many passes you know he throws a day.

Then to the point, what will another 6-8 passes on a given practice do for him.

Thats all.

Reps are what Wilson needs. I dont see how this is a controversial statement. Stop arguing for the hell of it. Players get better in practice. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Reps are what Wilson needs. I dont see how this is a controversial statement. Stop arguing for the hell of it. Players get better in practice. 

6-8 passes outdoors.  That people watches.  Nothing indoors or after practice

23 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

agreed.

I don’t know what the right distribution is, but equal reps between Flacco and the 23 year old franchise QB makes no sense to me.

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Don’t let it bother you. Enjoy the ride.

If you are right about Wilson, you will get the last laugh in a big way. I agree with you that Wilson has a ton of potential and that folks on here have been oddly harsh on him compared to other young Jets QBs of the past. 

Because the media has convinced them that young QBs don’t progress and if they don’t start out great it never gets better. People just agree with what they’re told 

48 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Still really happy with today, but when I see reports across the league of QB's getting upwards of 20 live reps compared to what Wilson is getting I'm a bit confused.

He needs all the practice he can get. Our future depends on him improving greatly so he needs all the chances to do so. Have no idea what the CS strategy is right now.

Not concerned.  This team will be 60/40 run/pass anyway is my guess. They're not adding Pro Bowl linemen, better TEs and drafting a RB at the top of the 2nd to have Zach throw 35 passes a game IMO.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Not concerned.  This team will be 60/40 run/pass anyway is my guess. They're not adding Pro Bowl linemen, better TEs and drafting a RB at the top of the 2nd to have Zach throw 35 passes a game IMO.

That is a terrible guess.  Only 3 teams in the NFL ran more than passed last season.  The Eagles at 52.7% were a full 2 points higher than the next closest - Titans.  The Jets ran 38.7% of the time with a rookie QB.  If they aren't getting their asses handed to them every week and the defense isn't horrific again they will probably run more, but even the 49ers we are assuming they want to emulate ran a little less than half the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Literally, you are wrong. Chris Simms said this very thing, and others did too. I can’t think of their names off my head, and I’m not going to go back and research it right now. Feel free.

Kid’s short game was fine when he came back.  

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Chris Simms, you say.

• Sympathy 1