Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

11 minutes ago, PorP said:

I just watched the full interview.  Dunleavy is a dipsh1t.

He merged 2 different responses to 2 different questions to come up with that.  Mims did not say it like that. 

i took that quote from dipsh*t Connor Hughs...good to hear.....Mims still on thin ice :)

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

What trick?

How to magically make a wing have as much meat as a leg?

I eat the drums and save the flats for my kids… they’re not worth my time.

Yes it’s magic. 

actually you remove the smaller bone, then the bigger bone, and it’s all crispy skin and meat. 

takes 20 seconds, 7 for crusher

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SickJetFan said:

I remember watching him get drafted that night, knew nothing about him at the time, but I remember thinking to my self as he took the phone call from JD "hmm must not be a people person" "ah it don't matter they must know what they doing and as long as he good who cares"

then 1st season...."ok getting better"

then 2nd season...."WTF cant even line up w/o a penalty or catch the ball placed in his basket"

then this off season...hearing he is workin his butt off, doin better, etc.. "ok they do need another WR in that room he should be ok since he will just be a back up"

now this comment

I show it everyday. It’s up to them whether they want to play me or not.

this implies me against them ,  I am right, you are wrong, not my fault...not exactly team oriented comment.

maybe over the top and i am over exaggerating to make a point but he just does not seem to get it.

I noticed his reaction to his draft call too. I read it as he was pissed at how far he had fallen as he had been discussed as a possible late 1st rounder in some circles. Hoped he would bring that attitude to the field. Saw some year 1, nothing year 2. Still want to see him stick in year 3

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

yeah, that is really why these tweets are kind of useless.

What's more important than anything else is Zach's rhythm in the offense.  The coaches know - because it's really a matter of a second here or there - media can't really tell.

Coaches seem optimistic that he has a much better handle on the offense - so hopefully it's not him but the fact that the DL is just controlling the OL.

30 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Some bad play from Jeff Smith. I thought the Int was gonna look worse 

Not only did he fail to put up a fight for the ball, it was terrible tracking on the deep ball.  He overran it giving Hall the opportunity to make a play. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Yes it’s magic. 

actually you remove the smaller bone, then the bigger bone, and it’s all crispy skin and meat. 

takes 20 seconds, 7 for crusher

IYKYK

Also, if you're getting wing sauce on more then two fingers, you're eating wings wrongly.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Came here to post the same.  Not a lot of fight from Smith there.  Corey Davis or Garrett Wilson probably come down with that ball.  Shoot, maybe even Mims.

INTs aren’t great, but thankful it wasn’t a bad read, badly thrown ball in the flat that was jumped by a missed defender, or anything like that.

The ball would have hit Smith in the back of his ankles if Hall didn’t pick it off. That ball has to be deeper and further toward the sideline to have a chance.

5 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Looks like solid day for Wilson. Also loving how good Lawson is looking after coming back from such an injury. He can completely alter our defense. 

It's a good sign if the offense is having a bad day but Z.Wilson is at least having an okay day, instead of him looking putrid as a result of bad offense day.

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

I noticed his reaction to his draft call too. I read it as he was pissed at how far he had fallen as he had been discussed as a possible late 1st rounder in some circles. Hoped he would bring that attitude to the field. Saw some year 1, nothing year 2. Still want to see him stick in year 3

Again that's not  what happened

Reporters "where do you see yourself in this offense" - on top (which he clarified to mean starting receiver, he has worked his tail off

Reporters "what happens if you're not starting receiver (essentially back up)  and you have to play special teams - "is up to them if they don't want to play me"

Don't want to play me was 100% in the context of being wr1, 2  3....

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It feels like Wilson is getting better.

just wish he was getting more reps 

We (me included)  might be making to much of this slim. 

When interviewed on "inside training camp" tv show,  they asked Saleh how many reps he was expecting for 1st team @ green & white.... he said 60.... first team is currently running 45...

He didn't elaborate on that so between the beat writers and Saleh... there is something missing. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

It feels like Wilson is getting better.

just wish he was getting more reps 

I agree. That is three days in a row he had at least a decent day. Although the ball was under thrown, a good receiver would have prevented the interception. And, Smith ended the day by dropping a pass that hit him in the hands. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, PorP said:

Again that's not  what happened

Reporters "where do you see yourself in this offense" - on top (which he clarified to mean starting receiver, he has worked his tail off

Reporters "what happens if you're not starting receiver (essentially back up)  and you have to play special teams - "is up to them if they don't want to play me"

Don't want to play me was 100% in the context of being wr1, 2  3....

Not sure I follow.

I was responding to your comment about how he seemed when we drafted him.

Regarding what he said today - I still don't have a problem with it. If he said "I don't care if they play me" I would have an issue. All he can do is work hard, take care of his business and make it a tough call for the staff not to play him. The rest is beyond his control. If he thinks he is one of the top WRs on the squad then he needs to go out and prove it every day. Nothing is being given to him and I think he knows it.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I have no idea what anything means after the stars and OK.

Good to see Ham on the star list.  He could be huge help with his versatility. 

The cross out and boxing glove means no punching.

Interviewed Saleh was asked about "chippy" and pushing in practice.... he basically said it happens. My 1 rule is no punching....

Seeing the interview first was the only way I figured out out.... lol

2 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Not sure I follow.

I was responding to your comment about how he seemed when we drafted him.

Regarding what he said today - I still don't have a problem with it. If he said "I don't care if they play me" I would have an issue. All he can do is work hard, take care of his business and make it a tough call for the staff not to play him. The rest is beyond his control. If he thinks he is one of the top WRs on the squad then he needs to go out and prove it every day. Nothing is being given to him and I think he knows it.

My bad man... I'm just being a bad communicator today. Or maybe every day... lol

Camp reports are encouraging regarding the defense

The defense seems to have solid talent (secondary, DLine) & depth that is young, yet experienced (CBs Hall, Echols, S: Pinnock & A. Davis, LB Quincy, Nasirildeen,etc), and have been drafted to “fit” Saleh’s defensive scheme. 

I thought the defense over performed to open ‘21, considering the dearth of talent, up until about week 3 and then sucked the remainder of the season. Lack of talent was the argument. I personally thought DC Ulbrich was atrocious at adjustments and slightly improved as the season ended. 

Should we expect this defense to be in the top 10 right out the gate to open the season considering the significant and material infusion of Football Talent compared to last year’s squad? If Saleh’s faith in his scheme comes to fruition, it should be fun to watch. If not, how long until Saleh capitulates and handles DC duties? 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

The ball would have hit Smith in the back of his ankles if Hall didn’t pick it off. That ball has to be deeper and further toward the sideline to have a chance.

Eh…maybe, but Smith makes a slight hesitation and adjusts incorrectly, which allows Hall to recover and pluck it from him at shoulder level.  The correct move by the WR (at least going by how they’re coached) would be to go back shoulder or turn back, go up, and attack the ball.  Smith tries to Willy Mays it with a basket catch which does nothing but make it harder for a WR to catch a contested ball.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I have no idea what anything means after the stars and OK.

Good to see Ham on the star list.  He could be huge help with his versatility. 

As a long-time Jets forum member - I request that you please don't use "Ham" as a nickname for any Jets player...

• Haha 3