Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

That’s very admirable and very nice of you.  I’m not deluding myself into believing that any win with Flacco is anything more than a meaningless, yet harmful, blockade to finding a franchise QB.  Half of you people preaching this are upset about drafting Wilson in the first place, as if beating the Rams and the Browns, with a QB who had no future here anymore, wasn’t the reason we ended up with him and not Trevor Lawrence.

drafting a QB might not be the way to go. we have been doing that for decades and it hasn't worked out. FA or even a trade for a Minshew or somebody might be the answer.

if Zach plays all the games and sucks then he is gone. so is JD.... Saleh...Lafluer....everybody. new GM and HC with a different vision for this team. new OC and DC with different systems, certain guys don't fit.... you know the story.

i think JD has put together a pretty good team this year. especially on offense. Lafluer is a good OC. Saleh i need to see more. like last year when White, Johnson and Flacco all looked better running this offense than Zach we need to see what another QB can do with this team in case Zach sucks all year. and Flacco is the best guy to start a few games. than Zach can start the rest. 13-14 games is enough to tell if Zach is the guy.

just like we want to see if Zach is the guy dont you want to know if JD is the guy too? 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, doitny said:

drafting a QB might not be the way to go. we have been doing that for decades and it hasn't worked out. FA or even a trade for a Minshew or somebody might be the answer.

if Zach plays all the games and sucks then he is gone. so is JD.... Saleh...Lafluer....everybody. new GM and HC with a different vision for this team. new OC and DC with different systems, certain guys don't fit.... you know the story.

i think JD has put together a pretty good team this year. especially on offense. Lafluer is a good OC. Saleh i need to see more. like last year when White, Johnson and Flacco all looked better running this offense than Zach we need to see what another QB can do with this team in case Zach sucks all year. and Flacco is the best guy to start a few games. than Zach can start the rest. 13-14 games is enough to tell if Zach is the guy.

just like we want to see if Zach is the guy dont you want to know if JD is the guy too? 

If the WRs look meh, the OLine bad, Dline can’t pressure and the LBs suck, and Zach’s a bust you have to start fresh.  In other words if the list of needs is still a mile long this is a failure.  

If QB is a bust and everything else looks good, you roll with it, and upgrade QB the best you can.   Zach needs to look better this season and if he does and stays healthy he’s your QB next season.

I expect more holes then we anticipate and improvement from Zach and not a great season for the Jets.  Next year has a playoffs mandate obviously.  

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Drums said:

Flacco can handle pressure, Zach cannot. 

I have no doubt that if Zach had as much time as he needed, without the fear of getting touched, that he'd be really, really, really good at football.

It's like having a PC with an NVidia GTX 3090, 32GB of RAM, and an AMD processor from the 90s.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

Two things can be true. He was in general better without Wilson despite playing more with him.

But what is really true based on a what,  12 game sample. I dont feel any conclusions can be made of any rookies after such a small sample size. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I didn’t say that he was going to lose the job.  I just said that I’m not rooting for any wins in a game where Joe Flacco is the starter.

Mogglez; when Zach Wilson leads us to an 8-9 record after Flacco goes 0-2, and we narrowly miss out on the playoffs, and I necro this post:

image.png.98908eec94032156060e18f479aa139a.png

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

This isn’t hard to grasp if you use a little bit of reading comprehension.

The Jets won meaningless games in 2020, missing out on Trevor Lawrence.  The same people upset right now are people who were pissed that we missed out on Lawrence and drafted Wilson and now they want us to win meaningless games with Joe Flacco.

I was on this forum in 2020.  I saw these “assertions” with my own two eyes.

If the Jets were 3-11 and starting Flacco in week 15 I'd agree with you 100%   In week 1 or 2 your argument is baseless . 

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I appreciate the unbridled optimism.  I really do.  There was a point where I was like that.  If Joe Flacco is truly our “best chance to win now”, the season is, honestly, over and we are far more f*cked than I originally thought we were.

I am not being optimistic.  This is a game, and this game includes more unknowns than any professional game.   53 players rally together to compete against another 53 players every week.

Any given play one of those 53 may not be part of the game, and it's the next man up.   In this case,  Flacco / White.

I chose to root with unbridled passion for the 53 players on the ny Jets including an aging vet or a unknown player who flashed in one game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

50 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I have no doubt that if Zach had as much time as he needed, without the fear of getting touched, that he'd be really, really, really good at football.

It's like having a PC with an NVidia GTX 3090, 32GB of RAM, and an AMD processor from the 90s.

When he has time he looks super good. Last year when he was pressured, he crumbled. That’s his biggest flaw imo. Sometimes he evaded it, most of the time something bad happened. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

If the WRs look meh, the OLine bad, Dline can’t pressure and the LBs suck, and Zach’s a bust you have to start fresh.  In other words if the list of needs is still a mile long this is a failure.  

If QB is a bust and everything else looks good, you roll with it, and upgrade QB the best you can.   Zach needs to look better this season and if he does and stays healthy he’s your QB next season.

I expect more holes then we anticipate and improvement from Zach and not a great season for the Jets.  Next year has a playoffs mandate obviously.  

but a bad QB can make nothing look good.

WRs will look bad when the QB cant get them the ball. OL looks bad if the QB hold the ball too long. the Defense will look bad when they cant get off the field cause the offense keeps going 3 and out. the QB effects everything. Moore and MC1 had their best games without Zach. 

look im rooting for Zach. i want him to be the guy. but i got to know if like you said is it the QB who needs to go or the whole team and the guy who put it together. and we will see cause Flacco will start game 1 and probably game 2 cause i do think they dont rush Zach back.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, doitny said:

but a bad QB can make nothing look good.

WRs will look bad when the QB cant get them the ball. OL looks bad if the QB hold the ball too long. the Defense will look bad when they cant get off the field cause the offense keeps going 3 and out. the QB effects everything. Moore and MC1 had their best games without Zach. 

look im rooting for Zach. i want him to be the guy. but i got to know if like you said is it the QB who needs to go or the whole team and the guy who put it together. and we will see cause Flacco will start game 1 and probably game 2 cause i do think they dont rush Zach back.

Yeah we’ll get a look with Flacco and Zach at the least.  Might be sending 2 QBs to the practice squad. 

8 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

But what is really true based on a what,  12 game sample. I dont feel any conclusions can be made of any rookies after such a small sample size. 

I don’t get how you got from true - Elijah Moore put up better stats without Zach Wilson but had his third best game with him - to concrete conclusions. I’m not making any concrete conclusions i.e. “The skill players will be better without Wilson” because of course we can’t know that.

I did push back on the idea that having another quarterback play would be completely meaningless and the intent of the post you quoted was if he’s better for the other skill players, which he and White were for Moore last year, there would be value in developing those guys and seeing what you have there. Which I believe.

Maybe I sounded more firm than that in the original post you quoted, I don’t recall, but that’s what I actually meant.

• Upvote 1

We have a lot of young talented players at skill positions.  We have a young coaching staff that needs to be evaluated.  Having Joe Flacco start a couple of games and operate the O efficiently even at sub optimal NFL QB play is very important.  If Zach misses a couple of games there is still plenty of time to evaluate him and for him to develop.

This is year 4 of Joe Douglas.  3 full drafts.  This is year 2 for our coaching staff.   Plenty of teams after 3 years of drafts and 2 years of a new coaching staff make the playoffs.  Many of them have several great players developing who go on to have great careers, some even HOF careers.   We might have a great roster.  Totally unknown at the moment.   We may also have a lot of young players who we think will be great who are busts or get hurt and go on to do nothing.  

This year is about way more than Zach playing 17 games.  

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 4

9 hours ago, Drums said:

When he has time he looks super good. Last year when he was pressured, he crumbled. That’s his biggest flaw imo. Sometimes he evaded it, most of the time something bad happened. 

In fairness I think that can be said for about 2/3rds of the starting qbs in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

In fairness I think that can be said for about 2/3rds of the starting qbs in the NFL. 

Yup, agreed. Every NFL qb looks good with a clean pocket. Not too many look great under pressure. The part I might disagree on is the amount of QBs that can make presnap reads to prepare or mitigate the pressure. We haven’t had a qb that could do that very often in the decade plus of losing. None of our young qbs have been able to do it, that’s for sure. With Zach’s work ethic, it is something we definitely need to see this year. If he can’t put it together this year (not Manning level but at least noticeable) well..

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Yup, agreed. Every NFL qb looks good with a clean pocket. Not too many look great under pressure. The part I might disagree on is the amount of QBs that can make presnap reads to prepare or mitigate the pressure. We haven’t had a qb that could do that very often in the decade plus of losing. None of our young qbs have been able to do it, that’s for sure. With Zach’s work ethic, it is something we definitely need to see this year. If he can’t put it together this year (not Manning level but at least noticeable) well..

Interesting thing about this part, is how much leeway was Zach given by Lafleur with in game audibles last season.  I know him and the receivers  were given routes with multiple options , as that was discussed in some video I came across last year.  But ,I agree if he's a true student of the game and spends as much time watching film as he's purported to , this should certainly start evolving and becoming more natural this season. 

• Upvote 2

If I am JD/RS, I am sitting Zach on the bench as much as possible and seeing how the team looks with Flacco.  This system made Jimmy G look good.  If they can put a decent team on the field with Flacco and it looks good, that is validating for them.  Then they can try Zach out when he is FULLY healed.  

If the team is an uncompetitive mess with Flacco, and the same or worse with Wilson, I think that will start a death spiral. 

But, I agree with those who have said that JD gets another chance if Zach bombs if the rest of the team is good.  He also has to dig his way out of his 2020 draft hole.   I never liked the Zach draft pick, but it was a trap.  JD was scared to pass on him.  He should have.  

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, PorP said:

Anyone have any idea what's happening over next few days? 

Padded tomorrow

Padded against falcons Friday

Unpadded Saturday 

Off Sunday

???????

Friday and Saturday are both joint practices with the Falcons.  Not sure if tomorrow is padded or not.  Sunday should be off day before preseason game Monday night.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Biggs said:

We have a lot of young talented players at skill positions.  We have a young coaching staff that needs to be evaluated.  Having Joe Flacco start a couple of games and operate the O efficiently even at sub optimal NFL QB play is very important.  If Zach misses a couple of games there is still plenty of time to evaluate him and for him to develop.

This is year 4 of Joe Douglas.  3 full drafts.  This is year 2 for our coaching staff.   Plenty of teams after 3 years of drafts and 2 years of a new coaching staff make the playoffs.  Many of them have several great players developing who go on to have great careers, some even HOF careers.   We might have a great roster.  Totally unknown at the moment.   We may also have a lot of young players who we think will be great who are busts or get hurt and go on to do nothing.  

This year is about way more than Zach playing 17 games.  

Starting Flacco is in no way important.in facr he needs to start zero games if posskble. But of course the bad interception nullifies everything else including all the coaches and players saying how in command he is. Zach is the STARTING QB period, much to your dusmay

• Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I see a lot of teams doing joint practice this week.  When are the Jets scheduled for those

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

Thought we were doing one with Falcons. Since game Monday, maybe tomorrow and Sat.?

Yup.  Tomorrow and Saturday.

• Upvote 1