Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Three QBs threw for 250 yards against that Bills defense last year: Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, and Mike White

Yeah pretty easy to air it out when you spot them 24 points (due to his FOUR interceptions). His best play of the game was taking a roughing the passer on a 3rd and 10 that took him out of the game and let Flacco throw the only passing TD.

That Mike White?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Three QBs threw for 250 yards against that Bills defense last year: Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady, and Mike White

Bro Mike White is terrible, I rather watch paint dry 

Watching white throw struggle deep balls to Wilson / Moore after they’ve created 10 yards of separation is not a season I’m looking forward to

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

A little concerning considering the league has announced it is placing an "emphasis" on illegal contact penalties this year.

Yeah, that's what the league says, and they've said it before too. They'll only call it so much. BB* told his players a decade ago to hold every chance they get because they refs will only catch it and actually call it so often. Sauce just needs to get better at concealing his holds.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Flightattendant said:

Yeah pretty easy to air it out when you spot them 24 points (due to his FOUR interceptions). His best play of the game was taking a roughing the passer on a 3rd and 10 that took him out of the game and let Flacco throw the only passing TD.

That Mike White?

Mike White threw one INT in the first half of that game. His second interception came when they were down 24-3 in the third quarter.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

That's why I wonder if he would be better as the backup to Corey Davis.  Other than Mims, we don't really have another tall, rangy WR.  Just the TEs.  If you want a guy lined up on the outside other than Davis, I guess it would be Wilson.  I'm always pulling for the long shot to make it and Cager is one of those guys I really hope works out.

In an ideal world, Davis never would have been signed.

Mims would have been the big bodied X WR and the 14M per or whatever could have been spent elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Yeah, that's what the league says, and they've said it before too. They'll only call it so much. BB* told his players a decade ago to hold every chance they get because they refs will only catch it and actually call it so often. Sauce just needs to get better at concealing his holds.

From 2002 to 2020 the average was 96 calls per year.  That amounts to an average of 6 penalties a week over a 16 game schedule (even less if you want to do it per 17 week schedule including the bye).

Last year, there were only 36 calls for illegal contact in total....which is why we have the emphasis now.

In week 1 of the pre-season there were 15 illegal contact calls, more than twice the normal per week average from 2002 - 2020.

We'll have to wait to see how this plays out, since there's obviously a different quality of player on field in pre-season, but it's trending in a direction that is not good for defenses, especially defenses that like to play press man coverage.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10045441-nfl-refs-called-illegal-contact-15-times-in-preseason-week-1-36-flags-total-in-2021

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

From 2002 to 2020 the average was 96 calls per year.  That amounts to an average of 6 penalties a week over a 16 game schedule (even less if you want to do it per 17 week schedule including the bye).

Last year, there were only 36 calls for illegal contact in total....which is why we have the emphasis now.

In week 1 of the pre-season there were 15 illegal contact calls, more than twice the normal per week average from 2002 - 2020.

We'll have to wait to see how this plays out, since there's obviously a different quality of player on field in pre-season, but it's trending in a direction that is not good for defenses, especially defenses that like to play press man coverage.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10045441-nfl-refs-called-illegal-contact-15-times-in-preseason-week-1-36-flags-total-in-2021

Remember school? The teacher starts strong, shortly after their resolve starts to waiver, they struggle to holiday break, and before you know it anarchy creeps in as the summer thirst takes hold. By week four I doubt you'll notice much of a difference.

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

In an ideal world, Davis never would have been signed.

Mims would have been the big bodied X WR and the 14M per or whatever could have been spent elsewhere.

In an ideal world, I'd have a 10 inch penis instead of 9 inches, and would be dating the actress who plays Wonder Woman.

I blame my parents and the far left.

• Haha 4