Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

4 minutes ago, JTJet said:

This right here. 

This is not some rando seat of the pants type decision. The pre-season has been like this for literally decades lol. 

True and this is not being argumentative in any way - but since they removed 1 game - wouldn't that starters have been week 2 and everyone rest week3?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Yeah - when you word it that way it makes sense.

I always thought they were going to go starters for a half week 2 and then rest everyone week 3. 

You are correct there is no correlation but I just don't see a scenario where the flacco now plays the half with the rest of the starters and sits week 1. 

I do get the sense Zach isn't playing week 1.  While based on the time line of the injury you would actually expect him to be ready by then.

But just based on the way the Jets are talking it sure does sound like Flacco week 1.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Trotter said:

True and this is not being argumentative in any way - but since they removed 1 game - wouldn't that starters have been week 2 and everyone rest week3?

Yeah, the old pre-season ways seem to be a thing of the past..

It used to be week 1, 1 quarter of starters, week 2, 2 quarters of starter, week 3 3 quarters of starters and week 4, one series...

Every team is different now - and does what's best for their program..  There aren't any more "rules"

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Because they haven’t played much if at all this preseason.

You do realize this is how it worked until last year when they cut out 1 preseason game.   Slowly ramp up the 1st team reps

Preseason game 1: 1 or 2 series

Preseason game 2: 1 quarter

Preseason game 3: At least one half

Preseson game 4: Starters do not play

The Jets are not the only team playing starters this week. 

Or, are you just looking for an excuse to complain about something.  

They basically just swapped out Preseason Game #4 with a series of joint practices during the course of camp. 

Game #3 is still the dress rehearsal. Starters should play the 1st half and 1st series of the 3rd Q, ideally.

Plenty of time for rest with essentially a preseason bye week leading into Week 1. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Agree that most on here knew Flacco was starting. From a Jets perspective, that has never been stated and certainly makes sense why. They have stated Zach is 2-4 weeks which left the door open for a week 1 start if everything went perfect.

My only point is now that you are playing starters for close to a half in the final preseason game - that door for Zach week 1 even is perfectly healthy is shut. No issue with that as I do believe it is the correct decision for the team.

My point is, that even if Zack was going to play week one, Flacco would still play a quarter or more in this pre season game. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Doing it the way they are doing so this year allows for roster decisions to mostly be made after game 2, even if they havent announced the cuts. So for preseason game 3, you're worrying more about preparing for regular season game 1.

That's what makes the most sense to me at least. 

• Upvote 2

So there are 2 weeks between now and the start of the season, if you include the TNF opener.

I don't see how Zach Wilson starts the opener vs BAL.

I mean the fact he's driving around a golf cart all the time would suggest he's been advised to stay off his feet as much as possible.  If he can't even walk yet, I imagine a full recovery is not exactly right around the corner.

He would have to be ready to practice like 10 days from now to have a realistic shot at playing.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Because they haven’t played much if at all this preseason.

You do realize this is how it worked until last year when they cut out 1 preseason game.   Slowly ramp up the 1st team reps

Preseason game 1: 1 or 2 series

Preseason game 2: 1 quarter

Preseason game 3: At least one half

Preseson game 4: Starters do not play

The Jets are not the only team playing starters this week. 

Or, are you just looking for an excuse to complain about something.  

But they didn't play them last week. 

37 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

With our luck he'll come down with a case of the actual Dropsy.

Yea. Well I hope he understands that night be the only thing holding him back from being a pro Bowler. He needs to work that jugs machine. 1000 times a day. Braylon had the dropsies. Wasn't a problem when he got here. Let's hope he fixes the issue. Practice, practice, practice

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

So you're saying theres going to be another come from behind victory? 

I like where your heads at. 

Boost White’s already massive trade value with some run with the 1’s and give Streveler a chance to audition for the starting Seahawks opening. Win win

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Saleh lost me on this one. NOW you want to play your starters for a HALF?! Why???

the OL hasnt played together yet. Brown practiced today with them for the 1st time. Laken is new to this team and Fant is got to get used to playing RT. they need the reps together for real. 

the TEs are all new. if they dont get some work in for real the QB and RBs will get killed while they learn to work together. 

i believe all the teams are doing the same with their starters. so at least we will be on even playing ground. if we sit our guys and the Ravens starters get 2 quarters together this week then in week 1 we are at a serious disadvantage and someone on our offensive is going to get hurt.

• Upvote 3