Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

A couple of things:

1) Serious question, have you seen practices to determine his get off or power?

2) I actually don't think he was expected to be that type of player.  From what I understand - he was expected to be very good at setting the edge with upside to become a good pass rusher - but needed a lot of work to be a good pro.

My personal expectation is Calvin Pace.

The Jets considered him at 10 before taking Wilson.   They felt he was advanced in hand techniques and very coachable.   Then they traded back into the first rd to get him when he “ dropped”.  Never heard he needed a lot of” work”.   

I d hope he is a solid 8-10 sacks per year guy that plays the run well too.

57 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Fixed it for ya.  The one attribute that all good pass rushers have is they get to the QB.

More power to ya if you can divine that by intuition. Nevertheless the correlation is like .85 between elite 3 cone and the top pass rushers and since I trust math over basically anything else, I'll stick with that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

Two preseason games and about a dozen practices and we should probably get rid of the #26 pick.  

Sounds about right for Jets fans.

Holy strawman lol. You are entitled to your opinion, but not to mine. 

37 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

The Jets considered him at 10 before taking Wilson.   They felt he was advanced in hand techniques and very coachable.   Then they traded back into the first rd to get him when he “ dropped”.  Never heard he needed a lot of” work”.   

I d hope he is a solid 8-10 sacks per year guy that plays the run well too.

Douzable had him a top 5 pick as did Marcus Spears on ESPN.  Both though he was the best EDGE in the draft. Ultimately means little but better than the negative talk here after also reading how he’s had a nice camp and how many consecutive practices he’s with at least a sack.   

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Douzable had him a top 5 pick as did Marcus Spears on ESPN.  Both though he was the best EDGE in the draft. Ultimately means little but better than the negative talk here after also reading how he’s had a nice camp and how many consecutive practices he’s with at least a sack.   

I like the fact that the Jets people personally worked with him at the Senior Bowl and liked him enough to make him a priority pick.  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

More power to ya if you can divine that by intuition. Nevertheless the correlation is like .85 between elite 3 cone and the top pass rushers and since I trust math over basically anything else, I'll stick with that.

https://chopchat.com/2022/04/27/2022-nfl-draft-jermaine-johnson-best-defensive-end-draft/4/

Im looking for Jermaines 3 cone but dont see one.  Do you know of one?

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2022 at 6:39 PM, Mogglez said:

This isn’t hard to grasp if you use a little bit of reading comprehension.

The Jets won meaningless games in 2020, missing out on Trevor Lawrence.  

And?

What is Trevor Lawrence's record? When getting snotty with someone, it's good moxy to have a point.

The same people upset right now are people who were pissed that we missed out on Lawrence, drafted Wilson, and now they want us to win meaningless games with Joe Flacco, thus repeating the vicious cycle.

Pray tell, what cycle? The Hamster wheel in your imagination?

Brady was drafted in the 5th round and he's the GOAT. I don't need to compile a list of every first round /top ten draft pick/ overall number 1 draft picks of garbage QB's in NFL history. 

I've made a point. I'm sure alot of people reading this understand my point. I'm not holding out hope that you do.

2 hours ago, Chewy and the Jets said:

Actually just thinking it would be  nice change to go to a Jets board and be optimistic about a young player who hasn't even played a game yet. As opposed to reading repeatedly about their apparent flaws -again before the player has played a single snap let alone a full season or heaven forbid two seasons before we pass judgement.  I do understand all the negativity though we have been crap going on 10 years.  Hoping things can turn around here if/when the team does - we shall see!

New here?

• Haha 2

The Falcons and the Giants currently field two of the worst five rosters in the league. We saw the Falcons kick the sh*t out of our second team on Monday, and it sounds like the Giants manhandled the Jets all the way back onto the bus today. If we see the sh*t-ass Giants knocking our 1s around on Sunday, it’s going to be a troubling sign. Obviously, preseason doesn’t count, but getting physically dominated consistently isn’t a thing that just disappears when the lights go on. The Jets have to start showing a little bit of urgency at some point

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 2

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Falcons and the Giants currently field two of the worst five rosters in the league. We saw the Falcons kick the sh*t out of our second team on Monday, and it sounds like the Giants manhandled the Jets all the way back onto the bus today. If we see the sh*t-ass Giants knocking our 1s around on Sunday, it’s going to be a troubling sign. Obviously, preseason doesn’t count, but getting physically dominated consistently isn’t a thing that just disappears when the lights go on. The Jets have to start showing a little bit of urgency at some point

Yeah. If the Jets first team does not look good on Sunday, it's time to fire everybody and rebuild again.  This place is just unreal.  I've never seen anything like it. Every single practice and preseason game is Armageddon

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Yeah. If the Jets first team does not look good on Sunday, it's time to fire everybody and rebuild again.  This place is just unreal.  I've never seen anything like it. Every single practice and preseason game is Armageddon

Add on 15 of 17 games last season and you got yourself a point.

On 8/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, Coquito said:

And?

What is Trevor Lawrence's record? When getting snotty with someone, it's good moxy to have a point.

The same people upset right now are people who were pissed that we missed out on Lawrence, drafted Wilson, and now they want us to win meaningless games with Joe Flacco, thus repeating the vicious cycle.

Pray tell, what cycle? The Hamster wheel in your imagination?

Brady was drafted in the 5th round and he's the GOAT. I don't need to compile a list of every first round /top ten draft pick/ overall number 1 draft picks of garbage QB's in NFL history. 

I've made a point. I'm sure alot of people reading this understand my point. I'm not holding out hope that you do.

You took 9 days to read what was written to you, type this utter nonsense, and you still couldn’t comprehend what was being said properly, leaving out this part, which is pretty important to the whole post:

“I was on this forum in 2020.  I saw these “assertions” with my own two eyes.“

Don’t bother responding, lmfao.  I’m not arguing over this anymore than I already have; especially when you just aren’t reading what’s being said to you.  If you want to live in this fantasy land, where Joe Flacco comes riding in on a magical steed to take us to the playoffs, let alone Super Bowl, be my guest.  Every win he accumulates with this team (if he even wins the games he plays) means absolutely nothing.  He’s not Vinny T. 2.0 and he isn’t the team’s long term solution to a problem they’ve had for almost 2 decades.  Furthermore, if you want to draft any of these guys, as opposed to Stroud or Young…

E447FE2E-AFB9-4D36-9EFA-4D8CFB9DC1A2.thumb.jpeg.bd31a20e6a580458ff4be934836363ba.jpeg

…just to watch Flacco play over the QB we already spent the 2nd overall pick on, who would be ranked higher than every single one of the above kids as a prospect if he were in the 2023 class, then there is nothing else I can say.  You do you.

By the way, you keep ragging on Lawrence for not winning with a tumultuous and untalented team (ironic, especially considering you appear to be a big Joe Flacco fan, and that guy hasn’t won a game since 2019), who were already the worst team in football going into last season.  Wins are not a QB stat.  By all accounts, he’s looked absolutely brilliant this off-season.  I’d still be willing to bet that he’s going to be better than Wilson, and I’d still rather have Trevor than Zach.

Lastly, Brady was a 6th round pick, not a 5th.  Even better, he was drafted at the bottom of the 6th.  If YOU are gonna be snotty with someone, it’s good practice to make sure that you fact check.

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Holy strawman lol. You are entitled to your opinion, but not to mine. 

Strawman?  I am not the one who declared JJ "not the pass rusher we have been looking for, folks."

BTW....I never said you couldn't have your opinion.  Making a joke about your opinion isn't the same as suggesting you can't have it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

There seems to be a disconnect between what he’s saying and what practice is. I mean he’s preaching navy seal stuff but Quinnen can’t exceed 60% of the snaps in a game? No conditioning at practice either? What are we missing.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Strawman?  I am not the one who declared JJ "not the pass rusher we have been looking for, folks."

BTW....I never said you couldn't have your opinion.  Making a joke about your opinion isn't the same as suggesting you can't have it.

Yes, Steve. A highly-flammable strawman. I never said we should "get rid of him." I just don't think he was worthy of a first round grade.

29 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yes, Steve. A highly-flammable strawman. I never said we should "get rid of him." I just don't think he was worthy of a first round grade.

He was falling pretty quickly there before we traded up for him, so I wonder if some NFL GMs might agree with you. 

He was the first round pick I was least confident about. 

I think he has the least star potential of the three, although I'm hopeful he'll at least be an adequate starter for us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He was falling pretty quickly there before we traded up for him, so I wonder if some NFL GMs might agree with you. 

He was the first round pick I was least confident about. 

I think he has the least star potential of the three, although I'm hopeful he'll at least be an adequate starter for us. 

People are so black and white on the Internet. A guy is either a stud or straight up trash. I think he will be a starting calibre player just not the sack master many wish him to be. By the way I think the same thing about Lawson for the same reason. Both guys have pedestrian lateral agility. I suspect this is why Lawson has (I think) the lowest recorded pressure-to-sack ratio in the next-gen stat era. He’s a moose and has excellent burst and can get into the backfield but has issues adjusting to a QB stepping up or to the side. Pressures are valuable and players who can pressure are valuable and I’m glad we have guys like that but I have a lot more hope for Michael Clemons to be the double-digit sack artist with his 93rd percentile 3 cone.

Is it a guarantee? Of course not. A ton of pass rushers flop despite elite 3 cones (ahem, Vernon Gholston). But it’s very rare in the last 5 years (that’s as far as I went back) for a pass rusher to be top 10 in the league in sacks without an elite 3 cone.

• Upvote 1