Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

You know who the top four leaders in drops were in 2021? Keenan Allen, Ja’Marr Chase, DJ Moore, and Deebo Samuel. If Garrett Wilson consistently beats his defenders and happens to drop a few, it’s not a big deal. Also, drops are not a sticky stat year to year. I’m not that concerned.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

This was all we heard about regarding Jamar Chase last preseason. I'm not saying Wilson is or will be as good as Chase. I'm saying this is another potential overreaction to training camp. based on reliance from what somebody else is seeing and reporting.  

Not catching in a laid back atmosphere like camp is a big concern for a wide receiver. Camp is camp, but its also camp. We learn a lot here. It needs to be addressed and fixed. Having the dropsies is hard to fix. Not impossible, but difficult. He might make a stellar leaping catch in the 4th quarter, but dropping a 2nd and 5 in the 1st quarter for Zach is a problem. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

Rest days, short practices, no conditioning. I hope this team is ready for Baltimore because the Ravens will certainly be ready to play.

there is way too much of this. This isn't a country club. They need to have foot in ace, firmly, daily. 

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Snort!  When I worked I never got a 'vet maintenance day off'

1 hour ago, jetfan39 said:

I doubt that you were fighting off 300+ pound men at your job.  LOL

53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe.......

300 lb women?

• Upvote 1

Especially if the Giants are going to play scrubs, I see no point in risking starters.

I would rest everybody regardless.

But when opposing teams are running 2nd and 3rd string guys out there, a meaningless preseason game is the Super Bowl for those guys.  They are going to go all out to try to win a job, which means hyper-aggressive, go for broke play, etc.

It's just not smart.

8 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ouch, listen to this.  I get it though.  Saleh and Ulbrich may just suck.  No sign of adaptability or an ability to intelligently game plan for specific opponents.

Didn't watch the video but that is what i saw last year.

No real game planning, no adjustments when our scheme is not working and the D looks just the same this year.

Dline split absurdly wide, best dlineman do not play enough snaps, secondary looks lost half the time, linebackers lined up so far back they cannot get to backs going through the huge holes in our dline.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Didn't watch the video but that is what i saw last year.

No real game planning, no adjustments when our scheme is not working and the D looks just the same this year.

Dline split absurdly wide, best dlineman do not play enough snaps, secondary looks lost half the time, linebackers lined up so far back they cannot get to backs going through the huge holes in our dline.

Yeah when they interviewed Saleh for the job, I'm not sure there were many -- if any -- actual football questions.

Seems like they wanted some assurances he was somehow an anti-Gase "leader of men" type, and when he was able to convince them of that, it was a done deal.

Bill Belichick has the personality of a swine toad, but his football IQ is off the charts.

As a HC, you do have to be able to command the building, locker room, organization with a clear voice and presence. 

But it also helps to have the X's and O's genius, whether your background is coaching offense (Andy Reid) or defense (Belichick).  It's ok if you don't have it, but in that case, you at least have to hire coordinators who do, and Jeff Ulbrich does not strike me as capable of outthinking the majority of OC's in the NFL.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Lith said:

This is getting to be a concern.  If he does not get this figured out, he is going to have to make a ton of plays to make up for the drops.

Chase from Bengals had a lot of drops last year in camp and was dominant in the the 2021 season. Lets hope we get more of the same or even close to that from Wilson.