Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

I think at this point, Becton is who is he is and his generation is going to be more and more engaged with the things being written about him. As long as he continues to stay healthy and plays well, that's all that matters. The real judgment on whether he's playing well or not will start to formulate itself over the next couple of weeks

Love this 

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Is Becton being winded and getting beat good? Hell no. But I expect him to improve his conditioning and play as camp continues. Let’s see how he’s doing in a few weeks. 

One of the reasons these camp threads suck is the bipolar overanalysis to every tweet.

Agree. Let him use the next 4 weeks to work himself into playing shape as he has been mostly rehabbing for the last 10 months.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

850 Yards (50 per game avg) is an even money bet. Seems like easy money

Total yards, not just rushing?   I'd be very disappointed if he didn't do that.

That's the thing, even with the 2 running backs sharing the load, 12-14 carries a game each, 2-3 receptions each, that's still over 200 carries and 30 receptions for both of them, which should be close to 1100 yards.

32 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

In fairness to becton, his game level conditioning will take time to return.  On the other hand, last year in tc he was getting beat a lot.  

Agree 100%. But remember last summer he was coming off the foot injury (plantar fasciitis I believe)

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I think at this point, Becton is who is he is and his generation is going to be more and more engaged with the things being written about him. As long as he continues to stay healthy and plays well, that's all that matters. The real judgment on whether he's playing well or not will start to formulate itself over the next couple of weeks

I have no problem with players jawing back.

I have a problem with a player jawing back when he’s 125% wrong because then he just looks like an idiot.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Total yards, not just rushing?   I'd be very disappointed if he didn't do that.

That's the thing, even with the 2 running backs sharing the load, 12-14 carries a game each, 2-3 receptions each, that's still over 200 carries and 30 receptions for both of them, which should be close to 1100 yards.

no just rushing

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Chitmini!

The issue I have with cimini in this case is isolating becton. It is 90 out with 90% humidity and he is the only ol’ that’s needed a break?

I get why the attention is there but I would think a beat writer should provide all of the facts- not just single on an individual because it generates clicks.