Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

So MB was exhausted and beat like a drum during his first practice back. That shouldn't be a surprise. Let's give it a couple weeks before he's a bust. At least he made weight, and is on the field. Would I prefer he were in better shape, of course, but it is what it is. I hope he succeeds as it's good for the Jets, but I reserve the right to poke fun at his lack of conditioning. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Trotter said:

The issue I have with cimini in this case is isolating becton. It is 90 out with 90% humidity and he is the only ol’ that’s needed a break?

I get why the attention is there but I would think a beat writer should provide all of the facts- not just single on an individual because it generates clicks.

And in the early 2010s it was the daily Sanchez vs Tebow camp competition, which divided the fan base and the team and led to the locker room becoming a septic tank.  His entire existence is to push buttons and post negative posts.  If the Jets actually become a good team, he will be despondent and lost.

And if you expect Cimini to cover anything other than Becton and Wilson in this training camp, you are a fool.

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Come on.  

From what I can tell.  Becton tapped out of practice twice due to exhaustion...

and was getting beat like a drum at RT.  On one drive they staid ZW would have been sacked three times - all of which were Becton getting beat.

It's okay, it's his first practice back from a year long injury.  It's okay he had a rough, but there shouldn't be any denying it.

Meaningless.  The guy was obviously very overweight a few weeks ago and had to make weight.  It's July.  Big guy is probably drained.  That's what TC is all about.  He's got weeks to get he's strength back and his cardio conditioning at it's peak.  He's got the weight off and with less stress on his joints can start running.  I'm sure when he was sitting around and grossly overweight his cardio conditioning suffered.  He's young and will recover fast.  

Let him tap out now.  Not when it counts.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Come on.  

From what I can tell.  Becton tapped out of practice twice due to exhaustion...

and was getting beat like a drum at RT.  On one drive they staid ZW would have been sacked three times - all of which were Becton getting beat.

It's okay, it's his first practice back from a year long injury.  It's okay he had a rough, but there shouldn't be any denying it.

Do you think the transition to RT from LT has anything to do with this? Becton and AVT both got reps as rookies on the left side now both are replaced by vets…

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

I mean, I’m glad Becton came back at an appropriate weight, but I just don’t see a path to being a successful offensive lineman when you are this insecure.

I’ve made plenty of jokes re: Becton, but this… oh boy.  This is bad.

I  agree he needs to have a thicker skin, but he's put up with a ton a crap - from the beat writers, the fans, from sports talk hosts - for a good 9 months now, and to this point it has all been BS - all wrong and inaccurate and speculation that has been thus far proven false.  He is in camp, he is not overweight, he was never at risk for being cut, he is healthy.  People on this board go ballistic when there is a post criticizing them.  Imagine if you had to face all the criticism he has for the past 9 months all because some large jerk of a bad teammate fell on the back of your leg?  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Don't care that Becton is huffing and puffing in July.   He's a big man who just made weight.  It's hot and humid.  This is what TC is all about.  Get in shape.  Come November and December in the cold wind put some guys on their backside and get the running game going.   

We need to stop making excuses for athletes who get paid millions to be in shape for living.  This should be an implied task..inexcusable!

• Sympathy 2

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I  agree he needs to have a thicker skin, but he's put up with a ton a crap - from the beat writers, the fans, from sports talk hosts - for a good 9 months now, and to this point it has all been BS - all wrong and inaccurate and speculation that has been thus far proven false.  He is in camp, he is not overweight, he was never at risk for being cut, he is healthy.  People on this board go ballistic when there is a post criticizing them.  Imagine if you had to face all the criticism he has for the past 9 months all because some large jerk of a bad teammate fell on the back of your leg?  

Totally agree. Guy has not been on a football field or practice field in almost a year and people expect an all pro appearance out of the gate. Get some realistic expectations.

2 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Totally agree. Guy has not been on a football field or practice field in almost a year and people expect an all pro appearance out of the gate. Get some realistic expectations.

Do you really think this is anyone's take?  Honestly?

Is there not room for a middle ground between "all pro appearance out of the gate" and gives up 3 consecutive "sacks?"

Just to put it in black and white, I don't expect him to play at an all-pro level, but I also think his performance today falls below any standard by which we should be comfortable with, even considering time and circumstance.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

57 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I have no problem with players jawing back.

I have a problem with a player jawing back when he’s 125% wrong because then he just looks like an idiot.

Does that apply to posters here as well - asking for a friend. 

• Haha 3

Man, what is up with Saleh

Today he was specifically asked about Berrios saying if they don't make the playoffs this season, it'll be a disappointment

"I'm not too concerned about them talking, as long as they know how to dial it back."

I mean, seriously?

His players are desperate to win and actually have concrete goals. 

He just stands up there sounding stupid repeating dumb cliches about "going to bed better than when you woke up".

I get why he's doing it.  He doesn't want to say "playoffs or bust" and then give Woody more ammunition to fire him if he falls short.  But you don't have to guarantee anything.  Just give an honest answer on where you think your team is.

And if you don't have any sense of that, then what are you doing, why are you the head coach.

IMO, he's not doing his players any favors by shrinking any time a question about wins and losses or playoffs is asked.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1